2013 Beach and Yacht FAQ, Fun & Friends: Don't Post Here- New Thread Started

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am quoting a recent post from one of my very favorite trip report writers, Missyrose. This is from her May 2013 Trip Report in process. If you enjoy great trip reports and want to see mind-blowing pictures of the World by her fiance pixeldust (Franklin), check out one (or all) of her reports!!!

Here are descriptions and pictures of the new Magic Bands:

The process of swapping out the APs was completely painless. There were lots of CMs to help and virtually no line at all.

DSC_2159-L.jpg

And after a couple of years of AP character roulette, you finally got to choose the character on your AP. I, of course, chose Minnie and Franklin chose Mickey. The other cool thing about what they had set up in the Odyssey building, was that they had CMs there to show off MagicBands and answer questions about them.

DSC_2160-L.jpg

We both tried them on and were impressed with how light they were. There were also a couple of design features that seemed very interesting. First, the top of the band sits higher off the wrist than the rest of the band, so air can flow through. They also created ridges on the rest of the band that will promote air flow in the Florida heat.

DSC_2163-L.jpg

For those of you worried about the bands being too big for kids, they have a pretty cool design element for that.

DSC_2162-L.jpg

In this photo, the green part of the band pulls apart from the gray to create a smaller band, a kid-sized band (or a band for adults with pretty small wrists). The CMs confirmed some things that had bounced their way around these boards:

* You can take the bands on and off and there’s no requirement to wear it all the time.

* No personal info will be stored on the band (just an ID number that will tell the Disney systems who you are). So for anyone to steal your info, they’d need access to not only your ID number on the band, but also the Disney system, as well.

All in all, we walked away pretty impressed with the bands.

Quick question for BC experts...can you get a microwave in your room if available? You could at the Poly once at the check in desk. Is it the same at the BC?

Crawling out from under my lurker rock to ask an off topic question: We're driving down and I hate to waste any quality time at the YC so we were hoping to stay at some cheap and cheerful off-site hotel the day we arrive and then check into the YC at the crack of dawn and start our vacation. :cool1:
We'll probably do the same thing at the other end of our stay - get our final Grand Marnier and dessert delectable at the BW and then go off-site for a night and leave for home the next morning. Can anyone recommend a place that sleeps 5? Has anyone done this?
TIA

Woo hoo 2 months to go!!

Crawling out from under my lurker rock to ask an off topic question: We're driving down and I hate to waste any quality time at the YC so we were hoping to stay at some cheap and cheerful off-site hotel the day we arrive and then check into the YC at the crack of dawn and start our vacation. :cool1:
We'll probably do the same thing at the other end of our stay - get our final Grand Marnier and dessert delectable at the BW and then go off-site for a night and leave for home the next morning. Can anyone recommend a place that sleeps 5? Has anyone done this?
TIA

Woo hoo 2 months to go!!

Hello! We used to do the same thing! We (I really mean I) drive from NY to Fla. We would stay at a less expensive hotel, then the next morning check into the BC. We would stay at the Buena Vista Palace Hotel & Spa. It's by Downtown Disney. We're only 3 so I'm not sure of accommodations for 5. We found that checking in & checking out, packing & unpacking at the start of our vacation a little unsettling. Now we just drive to the BC & spend the day the first two days of our vacation napping & transitioning into vacation mode. DH said he wants to park, unpack once & start relaxing ASAP. I guess he has a point, sometimes. Lol. Have a great trip!

So sorry for your loss

:cheer2: for 3 days!! Just a little jealous. My knee surgery is tomorrow, bleck. But hope I'll be good as new for August wdw trip!

Hope all goes well with your surgery! My friend had it 2 months ago and swears that she is walking better than she has in years! :goodvibes

One more night sleep (if you can call it that)!

All packed, one more REALLY long day at work, a few trip preps and then a glass of wine or two before I try to sleep! I want to thank everyone for all of there help on our adventure with a new resort!

I am looking forward to (and in no particular order):
1. A nap on the beach
2. A Sunken Treasure induced nap on the beach
3. Meeting Teena
4. Walking to EP and maybe DHS
5. Watching my kids excitement for SAB
6. Yachtsman Steakhouse
7. Beaches & Cream
8. Hopefully a beautiful view

It's been a rough year and we really need this! Plus celebrating DS13s graduation last night. I promise to try to post daily from our 10 days at BC. Let me know if anyone has any requests I'm an early riser with insomnia!!!!

Have a fantastic trip! Let us know if you are doing a TR. :yay:

I don't understand anything about the magic bands and how it's linked to FP's I'm really confused about the new bands are they just for AP holders. I can't find a thread that is not all speculation.

Anyone know the ins and outs or have a link?

Disney has not released any official information so it is ALL speculation. However, there is reliable information that there is a test going on in the end of June for non-DVC guests staying at AKL and CR only with check-in dates in a 3 day range. Some of the invitees have been posting to threads what they are experiencing online. You can see that in this thread: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3120253

It's a game of watch and see. If that is the only reason to do online check in I would wait until it is announced as publicly available before taking that step.

While I haven't been able to participate in the excitement of a trip this summer, I do have some exciting news today!!

I signed and returned my contract, as well as the deposit, for our Illuminations party next summer!! The planning is underway!!!! Eau de France is definitely booked! :)

While I haven't been able to participate in the excitement of a trip this summer, I do have some exciting news today!!

I signed and returned my contract, as well as the deposit, for our Illuminations party next summer!! The planning is underway!!!! Eau de France is definitely booked! :)

Super! You still can't figure out a way to come for a weekend visit for the Dis Meet? It won't be the same without you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi everyone! Any suggestions for a pizza place(take out or delivery) close to BC. (On boardwalk/Epcot or the typical other places like dominoes.

Thanks!

Hey Dancermon, noticed you did not get much help here when I caught up reading... so here you go:

Point google maps to Lake Buena Vista at the Crossroads Plaza area then type "pizza" and search... you can see

Flipper's - we love this pizza
Giordano's - popular chain down there
Uno
Pizza Hut
Cici's
Domino's

and LOL - Rainforest Cafe. But Takeout pizza at Puck Express is good!
We are not big fans of the pizza at Boardwalk, which is a shame.

Super! You still can't figure out a way to come for a weekend visit for the Dis Meet? It won't be the same without you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Awww, that's so sweet.

I have almost caved several times but I basically promised my husband the next time I went would be when he could go. He'll be on the trip next summer. Besides, the more money I save, the more I have to spend on our party! I really wish Princess Lily could join us. :)

Lots of things going on. Tomorrow we hit double digits!!! 99 days we can't wait. The movers are coming tomorrow. Starting us off on the next journey. We got word yesterday that one of our dearest friends was killed in Afghanistan. We could use some Beach Club and Disney. We will be doing our double digit dance in the morning!!!

I am so sorry to hear of your loss. I thank your family for your service to our country!

So sorry for your loss

:cheer2: for 3 days!! Just a little jealous. My knee surgery is tomorrow, bleck. But hope I'll be good as new for August wdw trip!

Feel better Pookie! :hug:

First it's :crazy2:
then it's :crutches:
THEN it's :tiptoe:
Finally it's :cool1:

If it gets to be :Pinkbounc
Then you've had too many pain meds and you need to cut back!

In other news I am all packed, the fish have been set up with the automatic feeder, the dog is at a friends and I tried to leave the boys where the dog was staying but my friend said they ate too much and wouldn't let them stay. :worried: It's up to God to water the flowers, my work is done.

The Ninja family will be staying at Port Orleans Riverside, but since we are Ninja's we'll be hard to spot. Look for the family at the pool that is covered from head to toe in black Ninja wear.... We'll be the ones that are making a ridiculous attempt to blend in with the shrubbery....

~NM

Hey Dancermon, noticed you did not get much help here when I caught up reading... so here you go:

Point google maps to Lake Buena Vista at the Crossroads Plaza area then type "pizza" and search... you can see

Flipper's - we love this pizza
Giordano's - popular chain down there
Uno
Pizza Hut
Cici's
Domino's

and LOL - Rainforest Cafe. But Takeout pizza at Puck Express is good!
We are not big fans of the pizza at Boardwalk, which is a shame.

Awesome!!! Thanks so much.

Kids are done with school tomorrow and supposed to be going to local amusement park tomorrow for school picnic but predicting rain. We are driving and were going to leave Friday and stop in georgia, drive remainder of the way sat and check in at BC.Now hubby wants to forego school picnic, leave tomorrow and drive all the way and spend night near Orlando so we can get the max out of our first day. It will be a 17 hour drive so now I don't know what to do- kids want to hit the road tomorrow. I too would be interested in clean cheap hotel near Orlando. Would be coming 95 thru Daytona.

In other news I am all packed, the fish have been set up with the automatic feeder, the dog is at a friends and I tried to leave the boys where the dog was staying but my friend said they ate too much and wouldn't let them stay. :worried: It's up to God to water the flowers, my work is done.

The Ninja family will be staying at Port Orleans Riverside, but since we are Ninja's we'll be hard to spot. Look for the family at the pool that is covered from head to toe in black Ninja wear.... We'll be the ones that are making a ridiculous attempt to blend in with the shrubbery....

~NM

Have FUN!!!

~N

Wow, I haven't looked at the BOG list in a while... more than 25, maybe as many as 30 of us will be there during the last week of August!

We need a secret greeting to use around Stormalong Bay. Perhaps a little less flamboyant than Kungaloosh!

One more night sleep (if you can call it that)!

All packed, one more REALLY long day at work, a few trip preps and then a glass of wine or two before I try to sleep! I want to thank everyone for all of there help on our adventure with a new resort!

I am looking forward to (and in no particular order):
1. A nap on the beach
2. A Sunken Treasure induced nap on the beach
3. Meeting Teena
4. Walking to EP and maybe DHS
5. Watching my kids excitement for SAB
6. Yachtsman Steakhouse
7. Beaches & Cream
8. Hopefully a beautiful view

It's been a rough year and we really need this! Plus celebrating DS13s graduation last night. I promise to try to post daily from our 10 days at BC. Let me know if anyone has any requests I'm an early riser with insomnia!!!!

You must be soooo excited! I'm excited for you & looking forward to your postings while down there. Hey, by the way, how did you get my to do list??? Lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!