2013 Beach and Yacht FAQ, Fun & Friends: Don't Post Here- New Thread Started

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just peaked at my ticker.... 2 weeks and 2 days until BC! Cannot wait!

We ended up adding the DDP b/c we have 3 character meals. It's one of the few ways we can keep DD (17 mths) entertained while we dine. We also have TIW which we'll use for Coral Reef and any other meals we enjoy outside of the DDP. I'm going to keep receipts for everything and make a comparison when we get home to decide whether or not we should renew TIW or add DDP to our January trip.

There's a pizza window on the Boardwalk. We like to bring a blanket and lay out on the grassy area in front of the Boardwalk Inn. There's also a pizza place in Epcot-Italy. Wish Via Napoli had a takeout window. Or do they and I never noticed?

That sounds like so much fun! Thanks!:cool1:

We had a wonderful stay at BC. Shout out to Teena who told us we had a great room and she was right! It was nice to see a familiar face from the boards :goodvibes Housekeeping was amazing!! Cape May was delicious. and of those wonderful mugs!

Glad you had a great trip!:)

Ok well.. I just booked a dinning reservation for Garden Grill (for 1)! I've never eaten here in all my years going to Disney, so I figured why not!! I'll be there 10/30-11/4/13 alone and thought I should give it a shot!! I have a late reservation so I should get Chip and Dale all to myself!!

Can't wait!
~N

Ok well.. I just booked a dinning reservation for Garden Grill (for 1)! I've never eaten here in all my years going to Disney, so I figured why not!! I'll be there 10/30-11/4/13 alone and thought I should give it a shot!! I have a late reservation so I should get Chip and Dale all to myself!!

Can't wait!
~N

This is one of our favorites!! You'll love it. :)

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Hello BC alum. I'm so excited to be arriving for our first stay in 4 days!!!! I have a question for you. I do not have any room requests and I'm beginning to wonder if I should have something...There are four of us including a 4 year old and a 2 year old. We will have strollers. Do you have any recommendations or should I quit worrying about it and go with the luck of the draw?

Ok so I am going to use my favorite forum for my first attempt at posting photos on the DIS.

Dee, I clicked on your tutorial link and will give it my best shot!!! I figure I should try here since you are all so forgiving :)

I apologize in advance if they are all way too big or come out all screwy!!

Wish me luck!!! Each pic was taken at WDW! (I so know that I'm going to screw this up!!!!)

Jay

Great! I think my kids are really going to love it. Though I do wonder if loading them up with sugar at the end of a long day at Magic Kingdom is the best thinking on my part. :)

Oh, don't worry about it..it's vacation!! My kids eat doughnuts for breakfast and ice cream for dinner at WDW!! But only there;)

This is one of our favorites!! You'll love it. :)

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I have heard this which is what made me make the reservation... Just me so I hope I don't look/feel out of place at a character meal... hence the latest reservation time!!!

Good job Jakey!!! you did it!!

~N

Hello BC alum. I'm so excited to be arriving for our first stay in 4 days!!!! I have a question for you. I do not have any room requests and I'm beginning to wonder if I should have something...There are four of us including a 4 year old and a 2 year old. We will have strollers. Do you have any recommendations or should I quit worrying about it and go with the luck of the draw?

Yeah, only 4 more days!

The only things I would consider adding is close to lobby/transportation as you might like to be close to the BC Marketplace and this is the closest to the SAB pool as well.

And if you feel a full balcony would be nice that is always something else to request.

Either way, I would call today and have it added to your reservation but it may be too close to having rooms assigned ... could already be in progress?

Have a great time!

Honestly I've never done it.. but it's out at Fort Wilderness. You have some instruction and then they take you out and you shoot with the bow and arrows... It's $25 for 1 1/2 hours of bow and arrow time!! Right up his alley!! Sounds boring to me, but he wants to do it and I'm all about whatever he wants to do since this is his first trip to Disney!

~N

That's awesome! My DS got into archery when he tried it out at the London Olympics last year ( lucky kid... My aunt took him!) He just joined a local archery club... I'll have to check out that experience for him and DH (who has done it since his days in summer camp)

Just have to say how much I LOVED our YC stay 5/26-31. The staff were all absolutely wonderful, and room was beautiful. We went from their to HRH and I just kept thinking how much I would rather be back at YC- guess I'm getting too old to appreciate the rock star life!

Ok so I am going to use my favorite forum for my first attempt at posting photos on the DIS.

Thanks but sooooo big!! I need to figure out how the heck to make them smaller!!

Help Dee!!!!!

Ha ha!
Jay

Great job and nice pictures!

I like to post pictures in 640 by 480 (Large) size.

If you want to upload all of the pictures at this default size, right before you upload the photos you will see an option in the upper right corner "customize upload options", click on that link and you can set the size there.

After you have already uploaded the pictures, if you want to change the size you need to edit each picture.

Go to that picture in your library or subfolder. Click on the edit option. A bunch of options will come up. Chose "Resize". You will see two dimensions- width and height. Change one to the size you want (try 640 or 480 depending on if it is horizontal or vertical). The number in the other box will automatically change.

Click on "Apply"

On the next page, click on the check box "Replace Original", then click on "Save".

That should* save the photo in a different size.

240 x 180

insert picture

* note: I am having trouble resizing the copy of this picture using the directions I have posted- that has been an issue since the "improvements" made to Photobucket. What I usually end up doing if the resizing doesn't work is just re-upload the pictures in the size I want.

640 x 480in

Just have to say how much I LOVED our YC stay 5/26-31. The staff were all absolutely wonderful, and room was beautiful. We went from their to HRH and I just kept thinking how much I would rather be back at YC- guess I'm getting too old to appreciate the rock star life!

As big HRH fans and YC newbies... your post made me SOOOO excited!!
Glad you had such a wonderful time!

Lots of things going on. Tomorrow we hit double digits!!! 99 days we can't wait. The movers are coming tomorrow. Starting us off on the next journey. We got word yesterday that one of our dearest friends was killed in Afghanistan. We could use some Beach Club and Disney. We will be doing our double digit dance in the morning!!!

Lots of things going on. Tomorrow we hit double digits!!! 99 days we can't wait. The movers are coming tomorrow. Starting us off on the next journey. We got word yesterday that one of our dearest friends was killed in Afghanistan. We could use some Beach Club and Disney. We will be doing our double digit dance in the morning!!!

So very sorry for your loss :(. It sounds like you could use a group hug, but I don't know how to do that with my iPhone!!!

So glad to hear you had a great stay at the YC

We are doing a similar, but reverse trip in July- HRH then BC

As big HRH fans and YC newbies... your post made me SOOOO excited!!
Glad you had such a wonderful time!

Glad to hear you are a fan of the HRH. First time for us!

That is heartbreaking about your friend. I have so much respect for our military and their families who all make such huge sacrifices.

I'm glad you have the move and thoughts of your upcoming trip to distract your mindss.

:grouphug:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!