2013 Beach and Yacht FAQ, Fun & Friends: Don't Post Here- New Thread Started

Status
Not open for further replies.
page 91-93- I'll catch up with the rest of the thread later tonight or early tomorrow.

:wave2:

Always good to hear from you! Don't be a stranger! And think of us as you sip your off-site Treasures.

:goodvibes

What a great celebration. I'll pencil you onto the list for 2014. Once you make the booking or if you have any changes, you can let us know.

:woohoo:

Would you mind if I added your review to the other reviews we have of the Albatross cruise on Page 1?

Thanks!

:)

What a nice idea. Have a fantastic trip and let us know about your special acts.

:thumbsup2

Thanks for the above tip-

Also, sorry to hear about the DIScipline and we appreciate the warning. There is somewhere you can look up what it all means. I remember checking into the rules in January.

:hug:

Hi Tim- I have the instructions for posting a photo on Page 1- Other Useful Info. Here is the link. The main trick is that you need to upload your photos to a photosharing site like Photobucket or Flickr or smugmug or something like that.

Post a Photo on the DIS?
sub-lesson: Upload all of your pictures into Photobucket in Large, not Full-size, format

Or if you want to email the photos to me, I can post them when I get a chance.

beachclubdee at yahoo dot com

FYI for anyone interested- There are also tutorials on multi-quoting posts, making a ticker and creating hyperlinks in that section of the thread.

Feel free to add my Pirate Cruise review.

That sounds like SO much fun! My husband would adore that. I'll have to mention it on our last day so that he'll let me plan a trip for next year . . . . .
Hahaha. You and I think alike!! My husband is always sad and mopey on the last day as we wait for the ME...perfect time to take advantage and get another commitment!

When we checked out on Saturday, I forgot to go and request a copy of my itemized room charges. Is there a direct number I can call to request this be emailed or mailed to me?

I don't know alot about it other than my husband was all about it! I called the Richard Petty number (the voucher gives that number) instead of Disney today and was told the date I wanted was available, so I got a discounted voucher off of this site (disboards under activities) the cost for the Rookie Experience which is what I bought was $370 with taxes included (a savings of about $109) and that's the cheapest driving one they have (it's 8 laps) the prices really jump up for the others...$800ish and $1,200ish (and 8 laps is enough!!). The whole experience takes about 3 hours (includes a class, suit up time and then 1 lap to warm up and 8 laps around at about 130 miles per hour and then 1 lap cool down there is a driver in the car with him so the speeds can be faster (it's called right seat or something like that..that's new). When its over you get a certificate and a print out of the lap times. All I know is he is super excited (and it really takes a lot to wow him!!)

~N

I love this idea and I think the secret to keeping the rest of the family involved in the Disney vacation is to find something for them that really floats their boat so to speak. Sometimes the men in the family can be a challenge. I know my Dad was. He's in his 70's and has that "been there done that" attitude. He hates the thought of crowds and amusement parks are low, low, low on his list of wanna do's.

I knew I had to get him hooked so he would enjoy the trip and hopefully be interested in going back! The one thing he really loves to do is go fishing so I booked a Disney fishing excursion that takes place at certain resorts. This was a two hour tour for 5 people in a boat led by a Disney Fishing guide. The guide supplies all the equipment AND the knowledge in case you're not a fishing guru like my Dad.

The guide took us to some fantastic spots and we caught large mouth Bass like you would not believe. Literally, in under 60's seconds from the time my Dad first put his hook in the water, he had a fish! The guide will also bait the hooks and take the fish off if you are not that kind of fisherperson. The fish are catch and release so no worries there. Going on this excursion was the highlight of our trip. My dad couldn't wait to tell all of his fishing buddies that the best fishing trip he ever took was at WDW! Thank God we had the pictures to back it up, otherwise it would just be another fisherman's story! These are guys that travel to places like Canada and the Florida coast to go fishing. The thought that really great fishing can be found in Walt Disney World just blows their minds!

Now, my dad keeps reminding me to be sure to look for sales and discounts so we can book that next family trip! ;)

If you know Ninja Mom, you know she pays attention. (That's all I scream at the kids.... "Pay attention, PAY ATTENTION!!!!1!!!11!!!!1" lol.) So, concerning my Dad I've been listening to all those stories he likes to tell about how he had to sell his hot rod when little Ninja Mom came along.... So..... guess what I'm going to book when dad get's tired of the fishing trip.... That's Right, the Richard Petty Driving experience!

~NM

Mike, Sue, Lee Ann

Mike (MickeyT) and his wife Lee Ann have returned to dry land after their visit out west to Disneyland, a cruise to Alaska and a cruise in Alaska.

Last night they met SueM in Vancouver for dinner.

Boy, I would have loved to be a fly on the wall for that one! ;)

Boy that Mike really gets around. Seems like he has a Dis-Boards lady in every port...... ;)

~NM

I booked the driving experience laughing to myself. My husband & BIL are not skinny guys, part of me wants to go just to see them try and climb threw the tinny tiny window of the car. - (doors don't open) Hahahahaha!

Phenomenal power but tinny tiny living space!!!!

But I will be at the pirates league with my niece & our kids lol!

I love this idea and I think the secret to keeping the rest of the family involved in the Disney vacation is to find something for them that really floats their boat so to speak. Sometimes the men in the family can be a challenge. I know my Dad was. He's in his 70's and has that "been there done that" attitude. He hates the thought of crowds and amusement parks are low, low, low on his list of wanna do's.

I knew I had to get him hooked so he would enjoy the trip and hopefully be interested in going back! The one thing he really loves to do is go fishing so I booked a Disney fishing excursion that takes place at certain resorts. This was a two hour tour for 5 people in a boat led by a Disney Fishing guide. The guide supplies all the equipment AND the knowledge in case you're not a fishing guru like my Dad.

The guide took us to some fantastic spots and we caught large mouth Bass like you would not believe. Literally, in under 60's seconds from the time my Dad first put his hook in the water, he had a fish! The guide will also bait the hooks and take the fish off if you are not that kind of fisherperson. The fish are catch and release so no worries there. Going on this excursion was the highlight of our trip. My dad couldn't wait to tell all of his fishing buddies that the best fishing trip he ever took was at WDW! Thank God we had the pictures to back it up, otherwise it would just be another fisherman's story! These are guys that travel to places like Canada and the Florida coast to go fishing. The thought that really great fishing can be found in Walt Disney World just blows their minds!

Now, my dad keeps reminding me to be sure to look for sales and discounts so we can book that next family trip! ;)

If you know Ninja Mom, you know she pays attention. (That's all I scream at the kids.... "Pay attention, PAY ATTENTION!!!!1!!!11!!!!1" lol.) So, concerning my Dad I've been listening to all those stories he likes to tell about how he had to sell his hot rod when little Ninja Mom came along.... So..... guess what I'm going to book when dad get's tired of the fishing trip.... That's Right, the Richard Petty Driving experience!

~NM

Awesome story!! I asked him if he wanted to go fishing, but he took a pass on that!!

~N

I have been following this thread for a while now and have decided to finally join in the fun! We (me, DH, DS13 & DD11) are staying at BC club level 8/22 - 8/31. I love this thread and all the info and tips. I made my final reservation (Dessert Party) today so now all I can do is wait. Thanks to all for making the wait so much easier!

Woohoo

Hi everyone! Any suggestions for a pizza place(take out or delivery) close to BC. (On boardwalk/Epcot or the typical other places like dominoes.

Thanks!

Just peaked at my ticker.... 2 weeks and 2 days until BC! Cannot wait!

We ended up adding the DDP b/c we have 3 character meals. It's one of the few ways we can keep DD (17 mths) entertained while we dine. We also have TIW which we'll use for Coral Reef and any other meals we enjoy outside of the DDP. I'm going to keep receipts for everything and make a comparison when we get home to decide whether or not we should renew TIW or add DDP to our January trip.

Hi everyone! Any suggestions for a pizza place(take out or delivery) close to BC. (On boardwalk/Epcot or the typical other places like dominoes.

Thanks!

There's a pizza window on the Boardwalk. We like to bring a blanket and lay out on the grassy area in front of the Boardwalk Inn. There's also a pizza place in Epcot-Italy. Wish Via Napoli had a takeout window. Or do they and I never noticed?

Dee thanks so much for posting pics for us challenged people :upsidedow
We had a great meet. Was so much fun meeting up with fellow Disers that I've spoken with for quite awhile, and finally get to meet in person!
We even got to watch the Disney ship they were on sail off on the next voyage up to Alaska.

Dee thanks so much for posting pics for us challenged people :upsidedow
We had a great meet. Was so much fun meeting up with fellow Disers that I've spoken with for quite awhile, and finally get to meet in person!
We even got to watch the Disney ship they were on sail off on the next voyage up to Alaska.

Yay for Dis Meets!! Glad you had a good time!!

~N

Just booked it for the same dates!!:cool1: We've never been either.:)

Great! I think my kids are really going to love it. Though I do wonder if loading them up with sugar at the end of a long day at Magic Kingdom is the best thinking on my part. :)

We had a wonderful stay at BC. Shout out to Teena who told us we had a great room and she was right! It was nice to see a familiar face from the boards :goodvibes Housekeeping was amazing!! Cape May was delicious. and of those wonderful mugs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter