2013 Beach and Yacht FAQ, Fun & Friends: Don't Post Here- New Thread Started

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, everyone. :wave2:

We just checked into the YC. First time staying here, and so far we love it. We're in a GV CL room -- it overlooks a center courtyard, view straight ahead is of BC, turn to the right and it's the lake. Nice clear view of Eiffel Tower, too, so guessing we'll be able to see fireworks from our balcony. :thumbsup2

Weather is overcast and humid but actually not very hot. Guess that's the plus side of a rainy forecast. ;)

I didn't post much on this thread, but truly appreciate all the info it contains. I feel like I already know the resort even though I've never stayed here. :goodvibes Thanks!

Have a great time!:cool1:

Travel Day!!!!:drive::cool1::drive::cool1:

Tomorrow I will be posting live from Disney!

We are planning on doing the TiW (there will be 2 visits and 6 people) so I know we will get our monies worth.

It has been so long since I took an under 10 year old, that I am so enjoying just watching her read the Disney World book I got her and her making her ride list. 5 days is not going to be enough, but then it never is to me.

Disney lover Judy ps we did get the Belle dress done, so Zoey has 10 outfits for 5 days!
BC CL SV (starting tomorrow)
pixiedust:

Would love to see those dresses in action! Are you posting pictures or a trip report? :popcorn

Here are some pictures:

looking to the left
p1078151894-3.jpg

p1078145722-3.jpg

looking straight ahead
p1078148510-3.jpg

this was room 5677

Hi Everyone,

We will be leaving for our vacation in 25 days. Staying at The Beach Club
Woo Hoo !

Can you all tell me what is a good tip for Mousekeeping? Should I leave an envelope daily with something. Just curious what most people do.

Also for Club Level if I bring a gift from home for the lounge CM's How many should I bring and when do you give them their gifts at the end of the trip or the beginning? Again just curious.

Thank you :)

For Mousekeeping I leave $5 dollars a day in envelopes decorated by my daughter before we leave home.

Our next visit is my first CL, but based on advice from the Disboards, I plan on bringing some sort of local treat that the staff can share.

Hi, everyone. :wave2:

We just checked into the YC. First time staying here, and so far we love it. We're in a GV CL room -- it overlooks a center courtyard, view straight ahead is of BC, turn to the right and it's the lake. Nice clear view of Eiffel Tower, too, so guessing we'll be able to see fireworks from our balcony. :thumbsup2

Weather is overcast and humid but actually not very hot. Guess that's the plus side of a rainy forecast. ;)

I didn't post much on this thread, but truly appreciate all the info it contains. I feel like I already know the resort even though I've never stayed here. :goodvibes Thanks!

Have a great time!!!

Well we have to say goodbye to the Yacht Club tomm.

Anyone read my Yachtsman thread on the restraunt board?

:cloud9: Dh and I are still there just thinking about it

Today we saw the sniffer dogs again at the friendship. Guess thats reality today.

We love watching the fireworks from our balcony

Thank you so much BringingupDisney That helps a lot and I love the idea of one gift for them all to share.
Have a great day :)

Hello Beach Club Friends,

Haven't posted in awhile but have been reading our thread daily. Love, love, love all the current trip reports. I've been waiting for another day to open up for club level and it did today, so I added a day! We had to move to standard view, so I'm nervous about that, but I'll just cross my fingers that all goes well.
Dee, our new dates are 6/28-7/7.

Can anyone give me some feedback on SVCL rooms? I asked for a full balcony and daybed, not knowing anything about room configurations or views other than parking lot or roof top. After having looked at the photo thread, some of the SVCL room views actually don't look that bad to me.

Teena and Robyn, I'm thinking we won't make the Disers meet, as we'll be on the road before the roosters crow on 7/7, but looking forward to meeting you all at the resort!

I'll change your dates when I have a chance. Need to go through today's thread changes and take notes.

Have you seen this thread on the Photo Board?

Beach Club Room Views

Here are some pictures:

looking to the left
p1078151894-3.jpg

p1078145722-3.jpg

looking straight ahead
p1078148510-3.jpg

this was room 5677

Would you mind posting these pictures to the thread above or may I do it?

Thanks!

I have been following this thread for a while now and have decided to finally join in the fun! We (me, DH, DS13 & DD11) are staying at BC club level 8/22 - 8/31. I love this thread and all the info and tips. I made my final reservation (Dessert Party) today so now all I can do is wait. Thanks to all for making the wait so much easier!

I have been following this thread for a while now and have decided to finally join in the fun! We (me, DH, DS13 & DD11) are staying at BC club level 8/22 - 8/31. I love this thread and all the info and tips. I made my final reservation (Dessert Party) today so now all I can do is wait. Thanks to all for making the wait so much easier!

Hmmm. All you have to do is wait???? OR you will learn a few bad habits here on this thread and find yourself rearranging your ADRs over and over again!!!!!

Welcome!!!

We're thinking about doing the Illuminations Cruise from the YC marina. Does anyone know what time you have to arrive at the dock at for boarding. Is it 8:30? We have dinner ADR's on both possible nights, if available and I'm wondering if I need to change them. Both are in Epcot WS so not too far away.

Made our final reservation today too! (also, the dessert party :) And I blame this thread for that, since I'd never heard of it til someone on here posted about it!)

Hmmm. All you have to do is wait???? OR you will learn a few bad habits here on this thread and find yourself rearranging your ADRs over and over again!!!!!

Welcome!!!

Bad habits club here....just emailed IPO to change a few for the end of this month!! I have too much time on my hands:lmao:

I agree with you about Yachtsman ... up and down. And when it's good, it's really really really good!!

The best restaurant at WDW in Bob's, Jeanne's and my opinion is Artist Point. And whatever you do, have the berry cobbler for dessert. I don't even like cobbler. But don't even try to get in between me and Artist Point's cobbler ... it wouldn't be pretty. Bob says it's the best steak at WDW. I love their chicken. Jeanne loves ALL their seafood. She says it's as good as any of the fine dining places in Vegas.

We're trying Artist Point for the first time in July. 16 trips and we never made it over there. I kept going back and forth on this one but someone at work told DH that the salmon is amazing and I keep eyeing the scallops and the cobbler.
So glad to get your recommendation.

Are you getting excited about the Dessert Party? I know I am!

Welcome!!!

Just finished rearranging dinning plans YET AGAIN!! This time for the September trip with DH. I'm trying to wow him with Disney... so I booked the Richard Petty Driving Experience for him! Theres a MNSSHP the Friday night we are there and I'd love to take him to that (it's September 20th so I don't think it will be really crowded) Just have to get the tickets through DVC or AP... and I booked the Archery Experience! I think I have everything set now... no more changing things for me!! Unless I get lucky and can snag a California Grill reservation if they open by then (rumor mill says August)!!

Planning is the best part!!
~N

Just finished rearranging dinning plans YET AGAIN!! This time for the September trip with DH. I'm trying to wow him with Disney... so I booked the Richard Petty Driving Experience for him! Theres a MNSSHP the Friday night we are there and I'd love to take him to that (it's September 20th so I don't think it will be really crowded) Just have to get the tickets through DVC or AP... and I booked the Archery Experience! I think I have everything set now... no more changing things for me!! Unless I get lucky and can snag a California Grill reservation if they open by then (rumor mill says August)!!

Planning is the best part!!
~N

Archery experience? What's that?

Archery experience? What's that?

Honestly I've never done it.. but it's out at Fort Wilderness. You have some instruction and then they take you out and you shoot with the bow and arrows... It's $25 for 1 1/2 hours of bow and arrow time!! Right up his alley!! Sounds boring to me, but he wants to do it and I'm all about whatever he wants to do since this is his first trip to Disney!

~N

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter