2013 Beach and Yacht FAQ, Fun & Friends: Don't Post Here- New Thread Started

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I have been agonizing about whether or not we are actually going to book our trip in late August, and THEN the discounts came out! There was only BC LV rooms available, and our friends want CL (and I would much rather pay more for CL than for a view), so I checked YC and they had availability with the discount! Looked at the flights and I think I can make it work (DD is flying from out west where she is visiting my sister and we can meet in the airport halfway and all fly down together!). Called and the airline is trying to revive a dearly departed travel credit from March 2012, and if so I will try to book the flight down tomorrow! Yee haaaaaawwwww...

Texted my friend and she said that her DS is obsessed with boats so they would prefer the YC, so they called and switched to YC CL and saved about $1000! We put on our reservation to have rooms close to each other. We all went out to a fundraiser on Saturday night and DH seemed to be getting excited about it (when he and the other husband started talking about a tee time!)

They are committed park tourers and do not want to discuss heading back to the resort for a rest in the afternoon. We will get along just fine. Now to get together on ADRs!! DD wants to book Coral Reef so I will try to arrange that.

Also, I am booking a day early because with the coordination with DD's flight, we are limited in our flights in to MCO. We will have to arrive at 11:30 p.m. and our friends are arriving at 1 pm on Saturday. So, I want to book travel time for FRIDAY and stay at Pop one night, then transfer to the YC. I'm hoping that they will allow us to have our bags sent directly to the YC and that we can hop ME to Pop for the night, then get a cab to the YC in the morning. I know we won't be able to check in until 3, but I'm hoping careful packing will make it less painful. We will pay another $125 for one night at Pop but we get ONE FULL DAY MORE AT DISNEY. Why not???

Once I book the flight, it will be more real... :) SO EXCITED.

Did I mention that we are going to try to surprise the kids???? The other family's kids know they are going, but NOT that we are going with them! The kids are BFFs and we have traveled together before. They will LOSE IT.

Hello...

DH and I have booked our 1st stay at the BC! We are so excited, but have a few random questions....

When busing to MK how many stops are on BC/YC bus route?
Can you float around in Storm along bay in an inner tube?
What is the best part of the staying at the BC?

Thank you!
Poly princess:

A word of warning about gift cards. They are like cash. If you lose it, you lose the total value. Disney may or may not be able to look it up and cancel.

This is what we do. We buy gift cards (in Target using our Redcard for 5% off) in $50 increments. I leave them in the room safe. Then we pay for our meals using our KTTW card. I then periodically go to the front desk and pay off our balance.

The first year I used gift cards in lieu of the dining plan, I was walking around with a $500 gift card and it made me a wreck (I lose stuf a lot - ADD).

I think I really posted this helpful advice so I can see my TICKER!!!! FOUR MORE DAYS!!!! :cool1::cool1::yay::yay::cool1::cool1::dance3:

Thanks for that tip!!! I didn't even think of that!! I lose my cell phone while I am talking on it....:rotfl2: so I definately don't want to lose a gift card.

Hello...

DH and I have booked our 1st stay at the BC! We are so excited, but have a few random questions....

When busing to MK how many stops are on BC/YC bus route?
Can you float around in Storm along bay in an inner tube?
What is the best part of the staying at the BC?

Thank you!
Poly princess:

Stayed at YC, not BC. :goodvibes

But, I can tell you that going to MK, we only stopped YC and BC.

Yes, SAB has inner tubes that you can float in.

For me, the best part of YC/BC is hands down the location. The ability to walk to 2 parks is priceless for my family. :goodvibes

See you there! At the moment I have suitcases and clothing everywhere. I need to start throwing things into the suitcases and then clean my house. I don't want any burglars to think I''m a slob!
Jan

LOL! Our houses are the same then! I think the burglars are too afraid of my house to rob it. :rolleyes1

Ahhhhhhh, 4 more days I can't believe it's almost here!! As the first time we've traveled as a family of five I can't believe all that has gone into planning and prepping for this trip. I really thought I had a major jumpstart but here I am just under 48 hours from when we leave and I still have so much to do! Fingers crossed we manage to get it all done in time. We don't have to catch a plane, but we are already leaving very late in the day so my sister can work. Won't be stopping overnight until somewhere between 1 and 2am. Yuck.

But by Friday we'll be at Mickey Mouse's house!! (that is how we explain to the little ones where we are going-lol)

:cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1:

And looks like we'll have a lot of company at the BC/YC!

We need to have a party at SAB! We will be there most afternoons!!!

So happy today, not only is it my birthday! :woohoo: but it's also ONE WEEK TIL DISNEY! :banana::banana::banana:

Happy Birthday!!! My birthday is at the end of the month!

Thanks for that tip!!! I didn't even think of that!! I lose my cell phone while I am talking on it....:rotfl2: so I definately don't want to lose a gift card.

Same here.... Target sells them in $50 increments... MUCH better for me!

I'm back with the 4th (and final) installment of our mini trip report: Highlights from Around the World! I apologize in advance if some of these things are off topic from a BC / YC perspective, so let me preface this by saying...all these things are fun to do if you are staying at BC or YC...there problem averted!

Our April vacation was a blast! As you may know, my husband is a CM and we've been to Disney many times. But, every time we visit we are amazed at the new things we discover. Here are some of the highlights and the not-to-miss experiences:

Epcot: Walk through World Showcase early, before it opens. As most of you know, if you enter through the International Gateway before WS opens, they will let you walk through England, Canada, etc to cross over into Future World. If you don't have a reason to walk through WS early, make one up. Trust me, it's worth it. The photos you can get of your family without the crowds are awesome! Here is a pic I took with nobody in the background, which would never happen later in the day:

Epcot - Voices of Liberty: Over in the American Adventure building you can catch a show put on by the Voices of Liberty. I've been to Disney many times, and this is one of the things I've never done. To be honest, I thought it would be boring. Boy was I wrong! These folks have true, unbelievable talent. I was floored, and I am kicking myself for not checking this show out earlier. Even my kids (DS10 and DD13) were mesmerized. Trust me on this one.

Boardwalk: Take an evening to stroll over to the Boardwalk and watch some of the entertainment. This was one of the best evenings we had. If you can manage it, try to check out Brian Staron's Magic and Comedy Extravaganza. He was hilarious and incredibly talented. No lines, no stress, just good old fashion quality entertainment. Plus, as a bonus, if you head over to the Boardwalk area as the sun starts setting, you can get some great pics. The light that hits the Boardwalk is beautiful!:

Starring Rolls: AT DHS...Go eat dessert here...the calories are totally worth it. Enough said.

Coffee and Shade: If you are at DHS and are in need of a coffee and shade break, head over to the TOT exit. There is hidden little alcove there, right behind the coffee cart. Perfect for a little break. I still think about that little place when I am feeling stressed in my real life.

Gaston: Go visit him in the MK right near Gaston's tavern. Even if there is a line, he is worth it! He is hilarious! If you have a DH or DBF make him strike a manly pose with Gaston for a picture. These were some of the funniest shots we got all week. Best part was when Gaston told my DH that he "looked better when he wasn't talking". Awesome.

Construction: While you're in the MK don't forget to take pictures of all the construction. It may be a bit unsightly and you may not think it 'worthy' of a picture, but go ahead, hold your camera up over the barriers and shoot away. One day you can prove how old you are and how long you've been going to Disney with these shots: "See, I was there when the New Fantasyland wasn't even built yet!"

Castle Light Show: Probably one of the best, most moving, things I saw all week. It was unbelievable! I only had my point-and-shoot camera that night, so here is the best shot I could get:

The Castle: Taking pictures of the castle always drives me nuts. There are so many people on Main St. and I always manage to get the guy in the picture who is scratching his rear-end or the gal who is making some unsightly expression. Instead, head over to the area in front of the Crystal Palace. You can get some awesome shots of the castle with the grass in the foreground:

Thanks again to everyone for letting me share my vacation experiences. We had a blast! And, this totally awesome thread made the days leading up to our trip that much better. You guys are great!

I'm back with the 4th (and final) installment of our mini trip report: Highlights from Around the World! I apologize in advance if some of these things are off topic from a BC / YC perspective, so let me preface this by saying...all these things are fun to do if you are staying at BC or YC...there problem averted!

Our April vacation was a blast! As you may know, my husband is a CM and we've been to Disney many times. But, every time we visit we are amazed at the new things we discover. Here are some of the highlights and the not-to-miss experiences:

Epcot: Walk through World Showcase early, before it opens. As most of you know, if you enter through the International Gateway before WS opens, they will let you walk through England, Canada, etc to cross over into Future World. If you don't have a reason to walk through WS early, make one up. Trust me, it's worth it. The photos you can get of your family without the crowds are awesome! Here is a pic I took with nobody in the background, which would never happen later in the day:

Epcot - Voices of Liberty: Over in the American Adventure building you can catch a show put on by the Voices of Liberty. I've been to Disney many times, and this is one of the things I've never done. To be honest, I thought it would be boring. Boy was I wrong! These folks have true, unbelievable talent. I was floored, and I am kicking myself for not checking this show out earlier. Even my kids (DS10 and DD13) were mesmerized. Trust me on this one.

Boardwalk: Take an evening to stroll over to the Boardwalk and watch some of the entertainment. This was one of the best evenings we had. If you can manage it, try to check out Brian Staron's Magic and Comedy Extravaganza. He was hilarious and incredibly talented. No lines, no stress, just good old fashion quality entertainment. Plus, as a bonus, if you head over to the Boardwalk area as the sun starts setting, you can get some great pics. The light that hits the Boardwalk is beautiful!:

Starring Rolls: AT DHS...Go eat dessert here...the calories are totally worth it. Enough said.

Coffee and Shade: If you are at DHS and are in need of a coffee and shade break, head over to the TOT exit. There is hidden little alcove there, right behind the coffee cart. Perfect for a little break. I still think about that little place when I am feeling stressed in my real life.

Gaston: Go visit him in the MK right near Gaston's tavern. Even if there is a line, he is worth it! He is hilarious! If you have a DH or DBF make him strike a manly pose with Gaston for a picture. These were some of the funniest shots we got all week. Best part was when Gaston told my DH that he "looked better when he wasn't talking". Awesome.

Construction: While you're in the MK don't forget to take pictures of all the construction. It may be a bit unsightly and you may not think it 'worthy' of a picture, but go ahead, hold your camera up over the barriers and shoot away. One day you can prove how old you are and how long you've been going to Disney with these shots: "See, I was there when the New Fantasyland wasn't even built yet!"

Castle Light Show: Probably one of the best, most moving, things I saw all week. It was unbelievable! I only had my point-and-shoot camera that night, so here is the best shot I could get:

The Castle: Taking pictures of the castle always drives me nuts. There are so many people on Main St. and I always manage to get the guy in the picture who is scratching his rear-end or the gal who is making some unsightly expression. Instead, head over to the area in front of the Crystal Palace. You can get some awesome shots of the castle with the grass in the foreground:

Thanks again to everyone for letting me share my vacation experiences. We had a blast! And, this totally awesome thread made the days leading up to our trip that much better. You guys are great!

All your pictures and tips just made me so happy!:banana::banana::banana:

Thanks!

I agree about Voices of Liberty - they're great. It's air conditioned and they are very friendly, nice to talk to after the show.

Love Boardwalk in the evening. I cut out your pix for space saving but had to leave your castle pic. Just beautiful.

Great report!

CT Disney, good call on that coffee and shade suggestion. My son and I used that last time. That park can get really hot.

Great advice and pictures.

Love all the pics from the trip report. Great suggestion for Cinderella's castle. My hubby bought himself a DSLR camera as his "push" gift when I delivered out beautiful daughter 16 mths ago. But.... he doesn't use it that much. I feel like I have to nag him to take the pics I want. So on the DL I've been reading up on photography and trying to learn the camera. Shhhhh!

I'm really excited about Coral Reef now! I'm working really hard to avoid the same restaurants every trip. We're heading to Cape May (D), Crystal Palace (B), The Wave (D), Tusker House (L), Coral Reef (D), and Akerhaus (B) during our June trip. We've never been to any of these restaurants before except Tusker House but that was for breakfast.

This is a chatty group! Going to try to keep up with the thread but it moves F.......ast!

Another vote for Coral Reef with little ones....Took my son last year when he was 2 1/2 and he loved it:lovestruc We requested a table near the tank and got one. We checked in at 11:15am for an 11:30am PS so it worked out well. We are going again this August and having a special Nemo themed cake made to celebrate his adoption. He actually remembered this restaurant and requested it for this trip::yes::

This is what we did when we ate at the Coral Reef on our last trip. It worked out so well that we are doing it again. We were able to get a table next to the tank and finished just as the restaurant was filling up for lunch. (It can get pretty noisy.)

So, I have been agonizing about whether or not we are actually going to book our trip in late August, and THEN the discounts came out! There was only BC LV rooms available, and our friends want CL (and I would much rather pay more for CL than for a view), so I checked YC and they had availability with the discount! Looked at the flights and I think I can make it work (DD is flying from out west where she is visiting my sister and we can meet in the airport halfway and all fly down together!). Called and the airline is trying to revive a dearly departed travel credit from March 2012, and if so I will try to book the flight down tomorrow! Yee haaaaaawwwww...

Texted my friend and she said that her DS is obsessed with boats so they would prefer the YC, so they called and switched to YC CL and saved about $1000! We put on our reservation to have rooms close to each other. We all went out to a fundraiser on Saturday night and DH seemed to be getting excited about it (when he and the other husband started talking about a tee time!)

They are committed park tourers and do not want to discuss heading back to the resort for a rest in the afternoon. We will get along just fine. Now to get together on ADRs!! DD wants to book Coral Reef so I will try to arrange that.

Also, I am booking a day early because with the coordination with DD's flight, we are limited in our flights in to MCO. We will have to arrive at 11:30 p.m. and our friends are arriving at 1 pm on Saturday. So, I want to book travel time for FRIDAY and stay at Pop one night, then transfer to the YC. I'm hoping that they will allow us to have our bags sent directly to the YC and that we can hop ME to Pop for the night, then get a cab to the YC in the morning. I know we won't be able to check in until 3, but I'm hoping careful packing will make it less painful. We will pay another $125 for one night at Pop but we get ONE FULL DAY MORE AT DISNEY. Why not???

Once I book the flight, it will be more real... :) SO EXCITED.

So excited for you! :cool1:

Happy to hear that all is working out for you and that this trip is coming together nicely. It all sounds fantastic! Your kids are going to be psyched!

:banana: :banana: :banana:

CT Disney: thank you or those amazing pictures! We are definitely going to the boardwalk one night to see the show you mentioned. Sound like my kids will love it.

This is what we did when we ate at the Coral Reef on our last trip. It worked out so well that we are doing it again. We were able to get a table next to the tank and finished just as the restaurant was filling up for lunch. (It can get pretty noisy.)

Good to know that it worked for you too. I like getting the first seating of the day...no wait at all! Like going to the doctor...they're not backed up yet.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!