2013 Beach and Yacht FAQ, Fun & Friends: Don't Post Here- New Thread Started

Status
Not open for further replies.
Made the jump. A bunch of pages in, but better late than never, eh?

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards App please excuse any typos and autocorrects!

Dee, Another wonderful job . Well done , I have not been following much lately my dad passed after a long battle with dementia and have been very busy trying to get everything settled before my BC vacation in 42 days ,again thanks for all your hard work .

We are making another weekend getaway to the BC. Checking in on Sunday May 12th and checking out Wednesday May 15th. :goodvibes As with our last two visits, we'll probably barely leave the hotel and hang out at SAB all day, every day. :laughing:

Tulip Time is almost done here and things can get back to normal! Had to play catch up before making the moooove :) If there are interested people, I can make some more Sunken Treasure recipe cards. Thank you so much for taking such good care of us natebenma!!

Count me in...I'd love to get one too :)

4 more days!!!! Getting my hair cut today and going shopping for some last minute things. Cannot wait to go, so need this vacation.

Wowza! How am I ever going to get through this thread and work? I'm so excited about this thread and thankful for all the contributors. I'm going to start at the beginning but post here to "mark my spot."

We stayed at YC for the first time last weekend. We've already rebooked for June (BC), 4th of July (YC), and January (BC). We LOVED it!

Quick question: We're only staying 1 night for the 4th but booked a lagoon/pool view. Any chance we'll actually have a view of Fantasmic/Illuminations from the room? We booked YC b/c we knew more rooms there had balconies.

Dee, Another wonderful job . Well done , I have not been following much lately my dad passed after a long battle with dementia and have been very busy trying to get everything settled before my BC vacation in 42 days ,again thanks for all your hard work .

So very sorry about your dad. Once everything is settled, take a deep breath, realize the vacation will all fall into place, and try to enjoy it.

We are making another weekend getaway to the BC. Checking in on Sunday May 12th and checking out Wednesday May 15th. :goodvibes As with our last two visits, we'll probably barely leave the hotel and hang out at SAB all day, every day. :laughing:

Man I wish I were close enough to do this!!!

We leie very close to New Orleans, and make weekend trips there quite often. One day I hope to pack up, move to Florida and spend my weekends around SAB!!!

Wow! Miss a day and you're 6 pages and a new thread behind. :) Looks great Dee! Thanks for all your work.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Quick question: We're only staying 1 night for the 4th but booked a lagoon/pool view. Any chance we'll actually have a view of Fantasmic/Illuminations from the room? We booked YC b/c we knew more rooms there had balconies.

Here is a satellite map by Robo of the area:

http://www.stitchkingdom.com/maps/index.php?showmap=13

The Swan and Dolphin resorts are between the YC and HS, so I don't think you'll be able to see Fantasmic.

But some rooms have a view of the highest Illuminations fireworks. And some of the YC SV rooms have a view of Wishes.

:banana: nice.

:hug:

You can remove my name from the Be Our Guest List. Since the room category we had booked was not available for FD, and the DH refused to upgrade, we changed resorts to the AKL. I have no doubt we will stay at the BC, just not for this trip. Thank you for all the information that has truly made me fall for this beautiful resort.

I am new to DIS boards and I had a few questions...
What is the be our guest list on this page?
We are staying the end of may and my sister and her husband are stayng at carribean beach, what are the rules for them joining us at the pool?

THANKS!!

Thanks for the new site. I love reading everything I can about the Beach Club. Can't wait to hang out at the pool

We are staying the end of may and my sister and her husband are stayng at carribean beach, what are the rules for them joining us at the pool?

THANKS!!

I am a newbie here, too. Our first visit to WDW is next week. YAY! However, I can answer this question as it is asked frequently. Every registered guest is required to have their room card with them at the pool. Cards will be checked. The pool is for registered guests of Beach and Yacht club only. My understanding is that this is strictly enforced.

The Be Our Guest list is a list of people on this thread that will be staying at either BC or YC . Gives us all and idea of who we may run in to at the pool...etc.

Have a great trip!

THANKS!!

:welcome: to the the thread and to the DIS!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list- see explanation below. You can find the listing in the last post on Page 1 of this thread.

Which resort? Yacht Club, Beach Club or Beach Club Villas?

:goodvibes

I am a newbie here, too. Our first visit to WDW is next week. YAY! However, I can answer this question as it is asked frequently. Every registered guest is required to have their room card with them at the pool. Cards will be checked. The pool is for registered guests of Beach and Yacht club only. My understanding is that this is strictly enforced.

The Be Our Guest list is a list of people on this thread that will be staying at either BC or YC . Gives us all and idea of who we may run in to at the pool...etc.

Have a great trip!

Great job answering this question!

The only thing that I will add is that it is probably possible to get together with your friends at one of the quiet pools (there is one at BC, one at YC and one at BCV). Room keys are not required for these pools and with the popularity of Stormalong Bay, as long as these pools aren't too crowded, I don't see a problem with your friends visiting with you at one of the quiet pools.,

Dee- Once again thanks for all your hard work. I do not know what I would do without my daily BC/YC fix :) Best thread on the DIS:thumbsup2

I just noticed that the DIS meet is being planned for 7/6. I hope this is true because then I can join in the fun :cool1:

Yes it's true! The more the merrier.

See you there!

So, I'm back with part 3 of our mini trip report: Our Review of the YC Resort. We've been back for almost 3 weeks now and we miss it big time!

In a word, the YC was A W E S O M E

Here are some of the highlights:

SAB - I loved it, my DH loved it, and the kids (DS10 & DD13) loved it! We spent most of our time over by the slide exit. We never had a hard time getting chairs together, though most times we arrived before lunch or after dinner. We were surprised that they did not check room keys and issue wristbands after 5:00. The only thing that was a bit of a bummer was that we had told the kids all about the 'sinking sands' part of the pool, and the whole time we were there the volleyball net was up over the area that used to have the sinking sands. Not a huge deal though :) In my opinion, the best part of SAB is the atmosphere. It's such a beautiful pool. The landscaping is gorgeous. I love just sitting in a chair and taking in the surroundings.

Beaches & Cream - We ate there twice. The No-Way-Jose is to-die-for and totally worth the money! The burgers were decent. I had the Bleu Cheese burger and I thought it was good, but not as good as what you can get at a restaurant that really specializes in good burgers. If you eat at Beaches and Cream, definitely ask to be seated in Brian's section! He was awesome and (aside from Teena) he was the CM that, in our week there, most embodied the Disney spirit. Can't say enough nice things about him. Even my 10 year old son whispered in my ear as we were leaving, "we need to give him a really big tip!" It's the first time in my life my DH and I have ever left a 40% tip...he was that good!

Buses - Buses to the parks were generally good! But...We did take the dreaded DTD bus (Twice! :crazy2:) and it was as bad as you've all heard. The bus to DTD wasn't half bad, but the bus home...well you just have to go into it with really, really, really, really low expectations. Both trips home took over an hour. Both trips home involved a bus driver shift change. One trip home included a very hairy, sweaty man in a tank top standing right in front of my seat holding onto one of the overhead wrist straps :crazy2:. But, hey, if that's the biggest problem I had all week, who am I to complain?

Walking to Epcot - Love this!! The funny thing is....when we walked to Epcot, we always followed the herd up and over the hill / foot bridge and followed the sign that said "International Gateway". On our very last evening, as we were walking home, my DH says, "Hey, it looks like you can just follow the path along the water instead of going over the hill." I believe that will take you to the boat launch right at the International Gateway. So, we never got a chance to follow this path, but it looks like it would be more pleasant to walk along the water. Sort of felt like a doofus for not noticing it on day one!:rotfl: Here is a picture of the pathway:

Overall, our trip to the YC was wonderful!!! The whole area is just so beautiful! The landscaping and flowers...what can I say...see for yourself:

View of the Boardwalk from the beach:

What would you give to be sitting in this chair right now??:

Or, riding on one of these boats??:

Looking at these pictures makes me want to plan my next trip right now!!

Stay tuned for the last installment of our mini trip report: Trip Highlights from Around the World!

CT Disney said:
So, I'm back with part 3 of our mini trip report: Our Review of the YC Resort. We've been back for almost 3 weeks now and we miss it big time!

SAB - I loved it, my DH loved it, and the kids (DS10 & DD13) loved it! We spent most of our time over by the slide exit. We never had a hard time getting chairs together, though most times we arrived before lunch or after dinner. We were surprised that they did not check room keys and issue wristbands after 5:00. The only thing that was a bit of a bummer was that we had told the kids all about the 'sinking sands' part of the pool, and the whole time we were there the volleyball net was up over the area that used to have the sinking sands. Not a huge deal though :) In my opinion, the best part of SAB is the atmosphere. It's such a beautiful pool. The landscaping is gorgeous. I love just sitting in a chair and taking in the surroundings.

Beaches & Cream - We ate there twice. The No-Way-Jose is to-die-for and totally worth the money! The burgers were decent. I had the Bleu Cheese burger and I thought it was good, but not as good as what you can get at a restaurant that really specializes in good burgers. If you eat at Beaches and Cream, definitely ask to be seated in Brian's section! He was awesome and (aside from Teena) he was the CM that, in our week there, most embodied the Disney spirit. Can't say enough nice things about him. Even my 10 year old son whispered in my ear as we were leaving, "we need to give him a really big tip!" It's the first time in my life my DH and I have ever left a 40% tip...he was that good!

Buses - Buses to the parks were generally good! But...We did take the dreaded DTD bus (Twice! :crazy2:) and it was as bad as you've all heard. The bus to DTD wasn't half bad, but the bus home...well you just have to go into it with really, really, really, really low expectations. Both trips home took over an hour. Both trips home involved a bus driver shift change. One trip home included a very hairy, sweaty man in a tank top standing right in front of my seat holding onto one of the overhead wrist straps :crazy2:. But, hey, if that's the biggest problem I had all week, who am I to complain?

Walking to Epcot - Love this!! The funny thing is....when we walked to Epcot, we always followed the herd up and over the hill / foot bridge and followed the sign that said "International Gateway". On our very last evening, as we were walking home, my DH says, "Hey, it looks like you can just follow the path along the water instead of going over the hill." I believe that will take you to the boat launch right at the International Gateway. So, we never got a chance to follow this path, but it looks like it would be more pleasant to walk along the water. Sort of felt like a doofus for not noticing it on day one!:rotfl: Here is a picture of the pathway:

http://s1065.photobucket.com/user/ctdis/media/Yacht Club 2013/IMG_3671_zps951e8ddb.jpg.html

Overall, our trip to the YC was wonderful!!! The whole area is just so beautiful! The landscaping and flowers...what can I say...see for yourself:

http://s1065.photobucket.com/user/ctdis/media/Yacht Club 2013/IMG_2616_zps38de8935.jpg.html

http://s1065.photobucket.com/user/ctdis/media/Yacht Club 2013/IMG_2852_zpsde72c9d6.jpg.html

http://s1065.photobucket.com/user/ctdis/media/Yacht Club 2013/IMG_3629_zpsd70243e0.jpg.html

http://s1065.photobucket.com/user/ctdis/media/Yacht Club 2013/IMG_3632_2_zps030c277b.jpg.html

http://s1065.photobucket.com/user/ctdis/media/Yacht Club 2013/IMG_3633_2_zpsa4864dc0.jpg.html

http://s1065.photobucket.com/user/ctdis/media/Yacht Club 2013/IMG_3647_2_zpsb34ada47.jpg.html

Stay tuned for the last installment of our mini trip report: Trip Highlights from Around the World!

What a great trip report. Thanks for the wonderful pictures. Posts like this help the 140 days I have left go by so much quicker.

Thanks for all of your work on this thread, Dee. It moves so quickly, I don't know how you keep up with it. When I subscribed to the thread, I originally set it up to notify me with each new post and my phone was beeping every 5 minutes.

This is getting me so excited!!!!

I think I may plunk down in that chair one of the days and just watch the world go by....:3dglasses

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter