2013/2014 Beach and Yacht FAQ, Fun & Friends ~ Aug, Sept, Oct, Nov, Dec & Jan ~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello. I recently booked a trip to Disney at BC for March 20 - 28th. We have always gone in October early Nov., week before Christmas (lovely time to go) and once in June (never again).

Can anyone tell me what the Beach Club is like during Spring Break? This year Easter comes late in April so I was hoping I wouldn't see similar crowds to our June trip. I have read they are comparable crowds in March versus June. At BC (2nd week of June 2013) we weren't able to get a seat at the pool and people were fighting for chairs and space at SAB. Do you think we'll see that kind of activity in 3rd to last week of March this year??

thanks for your input.
d.

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list for March.

:cool1:

I haven't been during Spring Break, so I don't have any insight about the crowd conditions you might face during your trip.

Just to clarify...........there won't be any construction going on at Beach Club in April, correct?

Would you like me to add you to the Be Our Guest list for April?

:goodvibes

I will echo what another poster said- no construction plans that we know about are scheduled for April but there are no guarantees that last minute work won't be done in an emergency situation.

SO excited that we booked BC for our 20th Anniversary trip. We'll be there April 7-11. We stayed at BWI with the kids summer of 2010 and loved it, but we were pretty jealous of Stormalong Bay! Dh and I had said long ago that we wanted our 20th anniversary to be spent "toes in the sand"...we were thinking beach somewhere. Well, we couldn't decide on anything until I said "there's sand at Disney's Beach Club...why not just you and me at Disney World?" and he thought it was brilliant :-)

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list for April.

:woohoo:

This will be our first vacation just the two of us since our honeymoon!! So far I've booked an ADR for our anniversary night at Captain's Grille. We LOVED that place last time. Also booked the Dessert Party at the Tomorrowland terrace for one night. I don't think I'm going to pre-schedule anything else...maybe one more dinner somewhere. Any not-to-be missed romantic-but-casual dining spots?

DH and I have spent our romantic dinners at La Hacienda in Epcot but I'm a sucker for a rose margarita and the shrimp tacos! And one of the most romantic evenings I had was just walking around Crescent Lake, enjoying the fireworks from EP and HS, and grabbing an ice cream on the Boardwalk. :lovestruc

I'll second the suggestion for La Hacienda. With the exception of our dinner with Teena at Captain's Grille, our meal at La Hacienda was our favorite from our trip in July. We were with our boys, so I wasn't paying attention to how romantic atmosphere was, but I can see that.

Sadly, no need to add me to the list for April. :( I was asking for a friend. However, thinking of staying at the Yacht club in October. I'll be back. Do we know what the refurbishment schedule is like for the summer? I have another friend going in late August..... thanks! :)

Sadly, no need to add me to the list for April. :( I was asking for a friend. However, thinking of staying at the Yacht club in October. I'll be back. Do we know what the refurbishment schedule is like for the summer? I have another friend going in late August..... thanks! :)

Well, let us know if you book!

We don't really know the timetable, except that the work on the club level lounge at the BC will start this summer, probably June, then when that is finished work will begin on rooms on the 5th floor, then proceed to the 4th floor and so on.

Can you please add me to the guest list? Just booked a three night stay (two BC standard view and one AKL standard view) for August 25-28. Loved the BC when we stayed last year and I said I would not stay anywhere else. But this trip is going to be just me and DH and I've always wanted to try AKL. With no kids I figured the move wouldn't be too bad! Thanks!

Can you please add me to the guest list? Just booked a three night stay (two BC standard view and one AKL standard view) for August 25-28. Loved the BC when we stayed last year and I said I would not stay anywhere else. But this trip is going to be just me and DH and I've always wanted to try AKL. With no kids I figured the move wouldn't be too bad! Thanks!

Will do!

:welcome: back!

Sounds like a nice way to spend a little time checking out AKL.

Will do! :welcome: back! Sounds like a nice way to spend a little time checking out AKL.

Thanks! A little nervous about traveling without the kids. 16, 11 and 11. If anyone has any advice (or suggestions to make me not feel guilty) I would appreciate it! Haven't been away alone with DH in 17 years so I think we deserve this little getaway. Plan on hitting Victoria and Alberts for the first time!

Hi Dee!

Just booked a trip for DH & I in October, staying at the BC :yay:. Can you please add us to the BOG list? We'll be there from 10/19-10/23.

Thanks a bunch!

Continuing with my Buzzy the Slovenly Fly expose...

So we managed to secrete Buzzy past the guards at the International Gate and in to Epcot. From deep inside Nannette's Dooney and Bourke Haunted Mansion bag we heard his sweetened pleas to let him out. Against my stern objections and Nannette's sharpened senses she reached down and unzipped the cherished bag when she realized that it was only a matter of time before Buzzy found her Altoids and started licking them.

Even though we had our bearings Buzzy insisted on leading us around the park. This proved to be an embarrassment as the first thing Buzzy did was fly over to a trash can and say hello to some of the family.

11863083233_09ba65d74f_z.jpg

It seemed like each time we passed a trash can (every 30 feet apart!) he felt compelled to check out the scene and partake of the offerings. I tried to get Nannette to give up one of her Altoids to make Buzzy forget about the garbage but she said no dice!

Realizing that Buzzy was hungry we tried to propel him forward by tempting him with food. He stared at the menu a long time trying to make up his mind...

11863808436_ae1ed7ef35_z.jpg
[/url]

But, being the sensible fly, Buzzy instinctively knew that Popcorn was no side dish for turkey legs so we moved on.

Knowing full well that Buzzy has quite the sweet fang, we tried to tempt him with something sugary....

[
11863475534_34ca8e1fd6_z.jpg

... but it was not to be as Buzzy was not on the dining plan and could not afford the snack credit. Four dollars for a single cookie was too much even for our free spending little friend.

We passed Italy and Buzzy begged us to make a stop at one of his favorite snack places. To put an end to his whining we reluctantly agreed but we told him he had to be on his best behavior. Excitedly he made a bee line for this:

11863649294_57982f8b4e_z.jpg
[/url]

....and as promised he made a polite inquiry before he went in for the kill.

11863564803_64e0da5833_z.jpg
[/url]

Having finished his snack Buzzy tried to sneak back stage to see some Cast Member friends

11864075734_e807b42c9b_z.jpg

.... but we knew with breath like that they would be in no mood to deal with him. To keep him moving we tempted him with some toys....

11863869064_1d5b111c19_z.jpg
[/url]

But he ignored the boundaries and tried to hop aboard the train in Germany.

Like any cranky toddler, when in doubt, feed them again, so we took Buzzy to the Biergarten with promises of beer and bratwurst.

11863939104_b4498e2763_z.jpg
[/url]

Of course Buzzy being Buzzy he overindulged in an extra liter or three of beer and we had to drag him off the dance floor when he embarrassed himself in front of the Oom Pa band and planted himself on the Christmas tree during their set.

11864045904_5836c43bb9_z.jpg

That's it for today's installment of Buzzy the Slovenly Fly. Tune in for the next episode when we sober him up in time for a rendezvous with Couchy in Mexico!

~NM

Thanks! A little nervous about traveling without the kids. 16, 11 and 11. If anyone has any advice (or suggestions to make me not feel guilty) I would appreciate it! Haven't been away alone with DH in 17 years so I think we deserve this little getaway. Plan on hitting Victoria and Alberts for the first time!

I'm not going to tell you not to be nervous bc you will be ... My DH and I recently went away on a adult only trip and I was freaking out!! So many things to remember to tell my M&FIL ...( they were taking care of our 3 DD's 11,9&4 ) But once we got on that plane we had no choice but to LET IT GO( my new fav quote ..thanks Elsa!!!) We had THE best time ever !! It's so nice to be able to spend time together and the little things like taking a shower and getting completely ready to go have dinner( I mean moisturizer and everything!!) was so nice ... Go and enjoy each other... YOLO!!!

I'm not going to tell you not to be nervous bc you will be ... My DH and I recently went away on a adult only trip and I was freaking out!! So many things to remember to tell my M&FIL ...( they were taking care of our 3 DD's 11,9&4 ) But once we got on that plane we had no choice but to LET IT GO( my new fav quote ..thanks Elsa!!!) We had THE best time ever !! It's so nice to be able to spend time together and the little things like taking a shower and getting completely ready to go have dinner( I mean moisturizer and everything!!) was so nice ... Go and enjoy each other... YOLO!!!

My husband and I just went back to Napa for a long weekend, and aloha517 describes it perfectly! It's all good - or at least it will be when the flight leaves. Although I did get a call from our youngest crying that "Nana has nothing but fruit for snacks in her house!!!" Note for next time - we'll send along a few lollipops! :)

Just love Buzzy - he's really his own fly. Next thing you know, he will be posting on Dee's "DO NOT POST HERE" thread. :)

Buzzy, Buzzy, Buzzy! You crack me up! I'm loving your trip report. Can't wait to read your next installment when you see Couchy! How dare those mean ladies not buy you a $4 cookie. Maybe if you weren't such a pest they might have indulged you!

Did the lovely N's (Nanette and NM) bring you by the BC laundry room/bar?

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Just booked our trip tonight for 2 Garden View rooms at the BC. We arrive in less than 3 weeks!!! Lots of planning to do!!

At the YC now in a fantastic lagoon view room ~ heading out to the balcony very soon to watch my DD and the rest of the 10K runners as they pass by!

Hi Dee!

Just booked a trip for DH & I in October, staying at the BC :yay:. Can you please add us to the BOG list? We'll be there from 10/19-10/23.

Thanks a bunch!

:welcome: back!

Glad to add you to the list

:woohoo:

Just booked our trip tonight for 2 Garden View rooms at the BC. We arrive in less than 3 weeks!!! Lots of planning to do!!

Fantastic!

Here is your official :welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list for February

:cool1:

At the YC now in a fantastic lagoon view room ~ heading out to the balcony very soon to watch my DD and the rest of the 10K runners as they pass by!

GO! GO! GO!

:cheer2:

Wishing a great run to your daughter, to MickeyT and his friends/family and all the other runners!

:yay:

I'll move over the "Saga of Buzzy the Fly" to the new thread once there are a few pages under our belt over there so that we don't lose track of this fascinating trip report.

For a couple of reasons, I have decided to open up the new thread.

For one, this made me nervous!

Just love Buzzy - he's really his own fly. Next thing you know, he will be posting on Dee's "DO NOT POST HERE" thread. :)

:rotfl::lmao::rotfl2:

But the main reason is that I wanted my 10,000th post to be the one welcoming our friends to our new home.

So:

Crush: Okay. Squirt here will now give you a rundown of proper exiting technique.

Squirt: Good afternoon. We're gonna have a great jump today. Okay, first crank a hard cutback as you hit the wall. There's a screaming bottom curve, so watch out. Remember: rip it, roll it, and punch it.

See ya on the on the other side of the EAC!

2014 Beach & Yacht Club FAQ *NEW THREAD, JANUARY*

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3219078

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!