2013/2014 Beach and Yacht FAQ, Fun & Friends ~ Aug, Sept, Oct, Nov, Dec & Jan ~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there still a salon or spa at YC/BC? I remember renovations a year or so ago but have never used their services. I tried the link on the first page and it is not very helpful (NOT YOUR FAULT, Dee... their website is not very good!).

I have thought about having a manicure in the middle of our stay and wanted to find out the most logical spot to have it done.

Teena,
I'm trying to coordinate our meeting with PNO4TE to make it a small dismeet either on Nov 3rd or 4th. What time do you start your shift?

Also, have a safe and wonderful trip to meet with Lilly.

I know one is garden view (first floor) and maybe another one. They are my favorite rooms. Unfortunately there are only 4 total. One has a huge balcony too. Not sure which floor that one is.
Why are these a favorite? One is a standard view? Hmmmm..... How do I get THAT one? LOL

Teena,
I'm trying to coordinate our meeting with PNO4TE to make it a small dismeet either on Nov 3rd or 4th. What time do you start your shift?

Also, have a safe and wonderful trip to meet with Lilly.

I clock in at 7:45 AM and am out in the lobby by 8:00 AM.

Why are these a favorite? One is a standard view? Hmmmm..... How do I get THAT one? LOL

Since there are one or more standard views and one or more garden views that end with 606, if you book a garden or standard view, just add "request room ending in 606" to your reservation. There are only 1606, 2606, 3606 and 4606. I'm not sure which is garden (besides 1606) and which are standard so if you put that request on your reservation, you should be covered. The chance of getting the exact room you request is very low though. If we are full (as usual), that room would have to have someone checking out of it the exact same day you are checking in.

They are extremely large rooms ... almost the size of a deluxe room.

NM ~ As an old married woman of 40 years I completely agree with all your commandments... er, tips! I have one amendment, however...

#8 ~ Plan to spend Christmas at WDW every year. That way, if the grandparents want to see the kiddies you still have your own room to escape to. And, they will often pay for some of the meals...

Excellent suggestion!! :thumbsup2 :lmao:

~NM

Ninja Mom’s Tips for the newly married woman.

In honor of Missy’s impending nuptials I thought I would throw some tips her way. These tips are designed to help those bashful brides navigate the morass that is marriage.

Tip #1 One of you will snore. The other will claim not to. It makes no difference who is doing the snoring and who is doing the poking as neither one of you will get any sleep.

Tip #2 Avoid those “seat was left up” arguments by removing it entirely and telling him you are doing the bathroom in “Prison Chic”. This should be enough to shock him into remembering to keep the seat down at all times. If he should forget and leave the seat up, drag out the tools and make a big show of telling him you have to run to Home Depot and buy a bigger seat removal wrench.

Tip #3 Your freshly minted husband will now feel perfectly comfortable eating up your left-overs without your permission from your last restaurant trip. To avoid this heinous theft hide your left overs in a Tupperware container marked “Salad”. It’s the last place a husband will look for food.

Tip #4 Only buy pink razors with girly smelling shaving cream if you want to avoid having your husband replace his rusty antique blades with one of yours. Enough said!

Tip #5 Closet space! You get all of it; he has the corner of the linen closet, until Macy’s has a white sale.

Tip #6 The thermostat! Always remember that YOUR hormones determine the temperature of the house at any given season. Men will always try to save money by making the house cold in the winter. They are hairy and have more ‘insulation’. Anytime you catch your husband by the thermostat trying to turn it down tell him your ovaries are getting angry and he wouldn’t want that.

Tip #7 Do not go to the grocery store together. There is not a shopping cart made that will fit all of your junk and all of his junk. One day you will get old and bored and you will shuffle off to the grocery store together, arguing over the shape of the pasta and whose turn it is to pick the cookies. Now is not the time for that. Shop alone or spend double.

Tip #8 The holidays are really a game of tug of war between your two families. Until a teleporter is invented that will instantly transport you between the two households get used to a lot of driving. If you want to stay home for the holidays then the best way to end the traveling is to have children. When you have children the Grandparents will beat down your door to get inside and you will have to get a restraining order and 3 pit bulls to keep them out. At least you will be staying home for the holidays.

Tip #9 When one of you cooks the other one does the dishes. Ordering take out is not cooking but the one who drives to get the take out is off clean up duty.

Tip #10 Go to bed ANGRY! Your other half will be intimidated and will be less likely to steal the covers in the middle of the night.

Now remember, follow these tips faithfully and you'll be a guest on Dr. Phil's show in no time!

~NM

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

Love these tips

NM- your posts are awesomely humorous, as usual.

Teena- thanks for the explanation. Though I doubt I would get any of these. I'm sure the wait list is long and my chances are low, especially 2 days out. But good to know for next time! Looking forward to saying hi on Sunday!

Arriving at Beach Club on Monday. We are staying on club level so I assume check in is the same where they take you up to the 5th floor?
I got an email from Disney about doing early check in but I don't need that right?
We are coming in on DME so that should be relaxing!

ski

Anyone know which stop BC is if you are going from MCO to WDW?
Because you all commented that is was a 1.5 hr bus trip from WDW to MCO, we are opting to get a car for next Sunday when we leave. Just wondering how long the trip is the other way.

Dee Looks like I am jumping ship... again...:blush: and not doing a split stay that would include staying at the YC..

So please take my name off the Be Our Guest list... we will be getting to try out the BC/YC eventually...:goodvibes

Its been fun reading along here...NM posts have made me almost spit out whatever I was drinking while reading them on more than one occasion!!!

Is there still a salon or spa at YC/BC? I remember renovations a year or so ago but have never used their services. I tried the link on the first page and it is not very helpful (NOT YOUR FAULT, Dee... their website is not very good!).

I have thought about having a manicure in the middle of our stay and wanted to find out the most logical spot to have it done.

Lots of catching up to do.

Yes, the spa/salon is open.

I actually checked out the spa in July, for research purposes only- I took some pictures and took a price list I think, but I haven't posted any of these yet.

I'll try to get to that in the next couple of days.

Teena, Russ and I are coming to visit you Sunday! We are having a blast! The weather has been perfect. We are meeting Pete for dinner tonight in Epcot. We don't plan on anything else there as it will be a zoo tonight. Thanks so much for 'planting that seed' when we met you 3 years ago... I think I'll have Russ coming back for Food & Wine again (heehee). Just the vacation we needed.

Kerry

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Arriving at Beach Club on Monday. We are staying on club level so I assume check in is the same where they take you up to the 5th floor?
I got an email from Disney about doing early check in but I don't need that right?
We are coming in on DME so that should be relaxing!

ski

If they are free upstairs, they will take you up there to check-in. If they are busy with other guests, they will check you in downstairs and then walk you up.

Teena, Russ and I are coming to visit you Sunday! We are having a blast! The weather has been perfect. We are meeting Pete for dinner tonight in Epcot. We don't plan on anything else there as it will be a zoo tonight. Thanks so much for 'planting that seed' when we met you 3 years ago... I think I'll have Russ coming back for Food & Wine again (heehee). Just the vacation we needed.

Kerry

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

So glad you are enjoying!! I'll see you Sunday!

One more kind of specific question that only this board might be able to answer...

How many BC CL std view room are there and how many have a full balcony?

Thanks in advance!

ski

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter