2012 "What's on National's Emerald Aisle?"

That is funny because that's how we are too. While getting our luggage we get so anxious to get over to the aisles to see what's there. We find ourselves walking so quickly from the luggage pickup to the aisles. Then we get excited to see something new and different, and then something else. It's tough making a decision sometimes. We have our favorites and yes, we tried alot of new things, which generally ended with, glad I didn't buy one of those. We loved the Suburban we got in August. We like getting the Edge when we see one of those too. Yep, same thing for the room, I wonder if I will get any of my requests (I seldom do), what view, what floor. We always find something positive about any room we get (so far -- I don't want to jinx myself for my checkin next week).

:thumbsup2 mky

Leaving in a little over a week. First time flying/renting a car there. Is it really that quick and easy? (Arrive with club membership/reservation in hand, pick out car, drive to exit to check out, drive away?)

Leaving in a little over a week. First time flying/renting a car there. Is it really that quick and easy? (Arrive with club membership/reservation in hand, pick out car, drive to exit to check out, drive away?)

It is pretty easy...I'm assuming we are talking about National. Keep in mind that you do need to select from the correct aisle. One side is the regular Emerald Aisle and the other side is the Executive Aisle. Check the signs to make sure you are choosing from the regular Emerald Aisle. Our last trip we were behind someone and had to back up to let them out once they got to the kiosk. We asked the attendant what happened and she said they choose from the Executive Aisle and was going to be charged the current price, so they decided to choose from the correct aisle that they had booked. They will give you a print out when you go through the kiosk, I always double check to make sure the price is what I have listed on my confirmation too.

Yes, it is that easy. To make it even easier and faster, bring the print out of your confirmation. It is also a good practice from your end, as it allows you to make sure the price is the same. Easier to fix errors up front than to fix them later.

It is pretty easy...I'm assuming we are talking about National. Keep in mind that you do need to select from the correct aisle. One side is the regular Emerald Aisle and the other side is the Executive Aisle. Check the signs to make sure you are choosing from the regular Emerald Aisle. Our last trip we were behind someone and had to back up to let them out once they got to the kiosk. We asked the attendant what happened and she said they choose from the Executive Aisle and was going to be charged the current price, so they decided to choose from the correct aisle that they had booked. They will give you a print out when you go through the kiosk, I always double check to make sure the price is what I have listed on my confirmation too.

In truth, the exit agents have no way of knowing if you selected the car from the correct aisle, they do know, however, what cars should be on which aisles and what cars are rarely, if ever, are put there. But, during busy times, exceptions to every rule are made. If we have a question, we can call and ask the garage manager or customer service. Often EC members decide they are going to "upgrade" themselves and try to squeek by. They are then given the option of returning the car and selecting the appropriate one or paying the difference.
The exit agent was incorrect in telling you why that person had to back up, the reasons are/should be confidential. I NEVER give a reason why I had someone back up. It is, frankly, no one's business except the person backing up. When someone asks, rarely, I deflect the question and go on to something else.

I got a Jeep compass on 1/1 on A side- other choices were a variety of sedans and a larger SUV- possibly a Durango?

The only difficult thing we've encountered on the Emerald Aisle has been choosing which great car to take! (on our two trips we got a Dodge Nitro, awesome car, the first time, and a FABULOUS Durango the second time!)

Oh, and the sweating...it's like a steambath in that garage. :rotfl:

I'm so jealous I don't get the fun of the EA on our upcoming trip, b/c we're getting the car from the Dolphin! Wah!

I started another thread but then I saw this one and thought you might know;)

I have a reservation next month with National. I used airline miles and reserved a midsize SUV for free. I am wondering if I can use Emerald Aisle?

I would be okay with whatever car we get if it helps me avoid the lines inside the terminal. I would prefer an SUV but can make a smaller car work too.

Thanks!

I started another thread but then I saw this one and thought you might know;)

I have a reservation next month with National. I used airline miles and reserved a midsize SUV for free. I am wondering if I can use Emerald Aisle?

I would be okay with whatever car we get if it helps me avoid the lines inside the terminal. I would prefer an SUV but can make a smaller car work too.

Thanks!

Emerald Aisle can only be used if you book a midsize car. You will still get to pick any SUV in the SUV aisle.

You can check in at the kiosk and still bypass the counter (I think... not completely sure since you're using airline points).

The only difficult thing we've encountered on the Emerald Aisle has been choosing which great car to take! (on our two trips we got a Dodge Nitro, awesome car, the first time, and a FABULOUS Durango the second time!)

Oh, and the sweating...it's like a steambath in that garage. :rotfl:

I'm so jealous I don't get the fun of the EA on our upcoming trip, b/c we're getting the car from the Dolphin! Wah!

LOL, re: sweating. I worked in the garage from May to Nov. Steambath does not beging to describe. :)

Going down tomorrow, got Emerald Reserved, needed a minivan because a lot of golf clubs are coming with me. Trunk space wouldn't have been enough in a car.

Going down tomorrow, got Emerald Reserved, needed a minivan because a lot of golf clubs are coming with me. Trunk space wouldn't have been enough in a car.

If you need a Plan B in case you don't find a minivan, the Impala has a HUGE trunk, we were able to fit 3 large bags, 4 carry ons, a stroller and groceries with room to spare...

Just arrived earlier today, Saturday, January 14. I was actually picking up a car from Alamo, but took a quick peek at the EA since that's my normal stomping grounds for car rentals. :goodvibes

Side B at 3:30pm had the usual mix of Malibus, Impalas, Altimas, a couple Sonatas, an Avenger, and a few small crossovers: a Ford Escape, a Toyota RAV 4 and a VW Tiguan. There were no mini-vans or full-size SUVs.

Good luck to everyone picking up cars for their upcoming trips!

Just arrived earlier today, Saturday, January 14. I was actually picking up a car from Alamo, but took a quick peek at the EA since that's my normal stomping grounds for car rentals. :goodvibes

Side B at 3:30pm had the usual mix of Malibus, Impalas, Altimas, a couple Sonatas, an Avenger, and a few small crossovers: a Ford Escape, a Toyota RAV 4 and a VW Tiguan. There were no mini-vans or full-size SUVs.

Good luck to everyone picking up cars for their upcoming trips!

Thanks for taking a minute to take a look for us National users! Have a great vacation!

I took a quick peek at the EA after dropping off my Alamo rental. It's really convenient since National and Alamo are right next to each other. :)

Side B at 5pm had wide variety of vehicles: Malibus, Avengers, Camrys, Chrysler 200s, Altimas, Jeep Compass, Jeep Patriot, and four mini-vans--two each: Chrysler Town & Country, and Dodge Grand Caravan. The funny thing was, I think I only saw one Impala in the entire row. Usually that's the most common car out there. :rotfl:

Hi all,

Saturday 1/14, 8:30pm, A-Side

sparse, couple of impalas, a corolla, a sonata, and...

a nissan rogue - 1000 miles, really nice ride. a little tight with 2 big suitcases and a double stroller, but not bad. Fun to drive. It was the "biggest" car on the EA, not counting the impala, which probably has more trunk space.

Picked up Wednesday the 19th at noon. Site A. The emerald aisle was pretty empty with only mostly cars and maybe one small suv. I choose from the executive aisle and it was full. Had just about everything to include T&C minivans and Caravans. Lots of SUVs and a convertible (a 200 I think) we were tempted with that one. We took our favorite Edge full loaded. It actually has so many bells and whistles from electric, heated leather seats. It has a touch screen which took some while to get use to all the functions it offers. It's a 2012 with 1000 miles on it. It's only the 2 of us this time, so this fits us great.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter