2012 "What's on National's Emerald Aisle?"

what time of day do you think they have more options for cars? I have been there late late night and I know there was just a few cars. Thanks, Humphrey

I have to agree. We always do much better early in the morning. next trip will be at night. I am hoping for good luck and something unique. :goodvibes

I was expecting miminal selection when we got in a 8:30p after reading the boards but was pleasantly surprised to find the Em and Exec aisles full.

Granted, there was no mini van, but you are never guarenteed one, and there were 3 SUVs including a Yukon. Frankly, we've always found the offered options to be more than adequate [after all, we only need one car :thumbsup2] what ever time we arrive. Good luck!

Can you explain the Emerald Aisle to me DH and I read about it on Nationals website last night but we still don't get it

Looking forward to another year of posting on this thread! We leave in about 2 weeks, so will post back my finds on Jan. 18th -- noon pickup.

Can you explain the Emerald Aisle to me DH and I read about it on Nationals website last night but we still don't get it

With Nationals emerald aisle you get to bypass the counter and choose your own car from what is available in the Emerald Aisle. You only need to book and pay for a mid size car and then you choose from what ever is in the aisle and still only pay for the mid size car.

To use the Emerald Aisle you must be a emerald club member which you can sign up for on line at nationalcar.com

To use the executive aisle which tends to have nicer larger vehicles you need to have earned that status either thru invite or by the number of times you have rented from National or Enterprise.

Hope that helps. Let me know if you have any other questions on the program.

With Nationals emerald aisle you get to bypass the counter and choose your own car from what is available in the Emerald Aisle. You only need to book and pay for a mid size car and then you choose from what ever is in the aisle and still only pay for the mid size car.

To use the Emerald Aisle you must be a emerald club member which you can sign up for on line at nationalcar.com

To use the executive aisle which tends to have nicer larger vehicles you need to have earned that status either thru invite or by the number of times you have rented from National or Enterprise.

Hope that helps. Let me know if you have any other questions on the program.

Executive and Executive Elite status:
Rent your way to even more rewards and recognition.

Emerald Club Executive® status is yours with 12 paid rentals or 40 paid rental days in a calendar year. You'll enjoy all the benefits of Emerald Club® membership plus a higher level of privileges, including:

•Choice of Fullsize or better cars from our exclusive Executive area.
•Guaranteed upgrades: You always pay for one car class less than the car you reserved.
•One Free Rental Day with six rental credits.
Emerald Club Executive Elite® status is attainable with 25 paid rentals or 85 paid rental days in a calendar year. You'll enjoy all the benefits of Executive status plus:

•A guaranteed car (up to a Fullsize) with 24-hour notice.
•Vehicle delivery to most private airport terminals at many U.S. National locations.
•One Free Rental Day (any car class with no blackout dates) with just five rental credits.

VIP is by invitation, Exec. and Elite are by paid rentals only. I do not think that Enterprise rentals count towards your status. I may be wrong but that was never mentioned in training.

what time of day do you think they have more options for cars? I have been there late late night and I know there was just a few cars. Thanks, Humphrey

It depends entirely on the time of year and the day of the week. At busy times, night time will find a low selection, at a calm time of year, the aisle will have a larger selection. The week between Christmas and New Year's this year was VERY VERY busy and the selection was unique to say the least.
This week, the returns are higher than the rentals, so, the selection will be more normal at all times of the day.

While this thread is very interesting and enjoyable to read, it really has no concrete bearing on what you will find on any given day. What you will find is at least midsize (what you reserved) and possibly something much higher.

We arrive in 9 days so I am anxious to hear what people find in the Aisle this week. We arrive at 10:30pm this time so we are a little bit concerned. An Impala would be fine though especially since it's what we drive at home but a mini-van or SUV would be even better since we will have 5 people and luggage to fit in it.

I typically arrive around noon and there has almost always been a large selection. I've probably used it at least 20 times and can only remember once that I did not get a full size (I didn't want anything larger than that).

Executive and Executive Elite status:
Rent your way to even more rewards and recognition.

Emerald Club Executive® status is yours with 12 paid rentals or 40 paid rental days in a calendar year. You'll enjoy all the benefits of Emerald Club® membership plus a higher level of privileges, including:

•Choice of Fullsize or better cars from our exclusive Executive area.
•Guaranteed upgrades: You always pay for one car class less than the car you reserved.
•One Free Rental Day with six rental credits.
Emerald Club Executive Elite® status is attainable with 25 paid rentals or 85 paid rental days in a calendar year. You'll enjoy all the benefits of Executive status plus:

•A guaranteed car (up to a Fullsize) with 24-hour notice.
•Vehicle delivery to most private airport terminals at many U.S. National locations.
•One Free Rental Day (any car class with no blackout dates) with just five rental credits.

VIP is by invitation, Exec. and Elite are by paid rentals only. I do not think that Enterprise rentals count towards your status. I may be wrong but that was never mentioned in training.

It sounds like we may have the same employer.

You can earn credits with Enterprise you just cant burn the credits with Enterprise.

But as always for official information the website is the best place to get it. I am not on this site in an official capacity. Purely for my own information to help plan my personal trips. If I can help here and there I do my best.

It sounds like we may have the same employer.

You can earn credits with Enterprise you just cant burn the credits with Enterprise.

But as always for official information the website is the best place to get it. I am not on this site in an official capacity. Purely for my own information to help plan my personal trips. If I can help here and there I do my best.

Nice to know that you can earn the credits with Enterprise, wonder why that was never mentioned in training. Thanks for the info. I am thinking we may have the same employer too. I am not here in an official capacity either, just to help out the folks here.
Have a great day.

Came in on the B-side, around 5:30 on December 27th... choice was Impala/Malibu/200/Camry/Altima... took a 2012 Altima. Dropped the car off at FLL.

I just asked this same question on the January thread, but I'll also ask here. Which reservation should I keep?

Alamo - Standard (Full Size) @ $88.83
or
National - Emerald Isle @ $103.51

Do you think it's worth an extra $15 to use Emerald Isle and the off-chance of getting something better than a full-size? We will be arriving at about 10PM on a Monday evening.

I just asked this same question on the January thread, but I'll also ask here. Which reservation should I keep?

Alamo - Standard (Full Size) @ $88.83
or
National - Emerald Isle @ $103.51

Do you think it's worth an extra $15 to use Emerald Isle and the off-chance of getting something better than a full-size? We will be arriving at about 10PM on a Monday evening.

That's tough. Personally I'm a National gal and always choose National, but for several reasons. #1 I like earning credits towards my free days -- those free days are great to use when you just need a car for one day; and #2 we are Executive aisle members and need to chalk up 40 rental days a year to maintain that status, so it's worth it to me. If the extra perks are not an issue, then I would go with Alamo. I love the excitement of arriving to the National aisle and getting to see what my options are...but again, we are Executive members so we do have better choices. We'll be there next Wednesday and I'll post back what I see on both aisles. I guess it depends whether you are willing to gamble the $15 dollars and hope for a better than full size car!

n2mm, its probably crazy, but I always look forward to: what car will we get?, will we like it? We always try to get something I do not have, or probably would not consider owning. pt cruiser, suv's, eclipse convertible,..... then we rented a bug > and I bought one right after. :wizard: Love love love that car. But, the unkown is exciting on vacations. Just like when you check in: even if you've been there before > where will we be, will we like the view, will the room be ok or have issues,,..... all exciting.

That is actually how we started this thread years ago: daydreaming about "what types of cars are available, what make?, what would we take out of that group..... just daydreaming. Even thou > there on some people always saying > that does not mean you will have the same offered> we know that just what if????

n2mm, its probably crazy, but I always look forward to: what car will we get?, will we like it? We always try to get something I do not have, or probably would not consider owning. pt cruiser, suv's, eclipse convertible,..... then we rented a bug > and I bought one right after. :wizard: Love love love that car. But, the unkown is exciting on vacations. Just like when you check in: even if you've been there before > where will we be, will we like the view, will the room be ok or have issues,,..... all exciting.

That is actually how we started this thread years ago: daydreaming about "what types of cars are available, what make?, what would we take out of that group..... just daydreaming. Even thou > there on some people always saying > that does not mean you will have the same offered> we know that just what if????

That is funny because that's how we are too. While getting our luggage we get so anxious to get over to the aisles to see what's there. We find ourselves walking so quickly from the luggage pickup to the aisles. Then we get excited to see something new and different, and then something else. It's tough making a decision sometimes. We have our favorites and yes, we tried alot of new things, which generally ended with, glad I didn't buy one of those. We loved the Suburban we got in August. We like getting the Edge when we see one of those too. Yep, same thing for the room, I wonder if I will get any of my requests (I seldom do), what view, what floor. We always find something positive about any room we get (so far -- I don't want to jinx myself for my checkin next week).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter