2012 Disney TR

Oh my gosh! I swear I had already commented on this update, but I never did! So sorry. :guilty:

Let me just say, you know how to sell club level! I rarely hear about people doing it, but when I have, they were on the dining plan too. I always thought that it was pointless to do it because you're getting so much food already. However, this makes so much sense! All the food looks great too. Yum!! And the view... yeah... never ever EVER gets old. :cloud9:

WELCOME! You are SO completely right...when we were staying club we mostly chilled out at the resort all day long. We didn't want to miss a minute of it! :thumbsup2

Haha, that's so great! I think that's one of the best parts about being local to the parks; you know the parks inside and out and so you can take time to rest and really enjoy the resort instead of running around.

I don't think I could ever stay club level for a bit - there's too much left to explore in the parks (for us!) still, and I'd definitely not appreciate the extras enough. And that food looks soooo good! I'd hate to miss it! :goodvibes

You guys went to MK, rode the train, some rode Splash and left? That's a real perk for staying at the Contemporary, now isn't it???

I love how you were all wearing similar shades of blue (except one was a little bit different!)!

Desserts? Did someone say desserts?:thumbsup2

Wow, the CL lounge looks awesome. The food looks really yummy and there is a good variety! Someday we'll give it a shot!

Your photos are making me SO EXCITED for our upcoming trip. I LOVE that you guys were able to walk over to the MK, ride the train and Splash, and make it back for desserts. I can see how easy it is to be spoiled by that kind of convenience!

I liked the blue shirts too...and your wedges were a perfect match!! This is why I do NOT do Disney in July..we went there the summer I turned 18 after graduation (turned 18 the day we got home)...it was pure misery. No lie. I would not go back there in July ever. Even if for free. That's how miserable I was...I don't tolerate the heat very well~I get really bad headaches, so I was washed out every day!!

Short enjoyable visit to MK, you know how to get the best out of the time. Did you watch the fireworks from the lounge?

IMO, Splash is the best themed attraction in MK! Even the line is fun. I especially like the little birdhouses at the very top, where you can hear the birds tweeting along with the soundtrack.

It tells such a fun story throughout the whole ride. And just when you think the payoff was the big drop, there's a big party on the bayou to cruise on through. Wonderful.

My DKs always wanted to sneak a plastic tea set on the ride, so that we could appear totally composed, having tea, in our drop photo. Great idea, but too much prop work. That will have to wait for a time if illoveeeyore and I ever retire there.

Can't wait to read more! :thumbsup2

Wow, what a lovely start to the trip so far. Can't wait to read more! Love your brother's names!

Emma, it is so nice to 'see' you! I guess your mom finally relented on the face pictures.

Staying Club level looks wonderful! The food served always looks amazing, and I learned a new word from your report. Crudite. I've read it before, but was too lazy to look it up. Thanks!!!

BTW, love the shoes. ;)

Hi Emma!

The food at CL looks amazing, I'm not sure why others who stay there don't take advantage of it, especially since they're essentially paying for it :confused3 Frankly, I would probably spend all my time there if it weren't for those lovely parks so close by!

Downton Abbey season (ahem, series) 3 started over here in the UK (which was an excellent episode! :thumbsup2) and I couldn't help wondering what would happen if an episode took place at WDW. Of course, the timings for both don't coincide, but in an alternate universe, that would be an epic episode! They could film at the Grand Floridian under the guise of visiting Lady Cora's mother and then holiday at the Polynesian (standing in for Hawaii), lol. Then they could do a "in the future" episode and film at Tomorrowland!! Well, actually, I guess they can film any future scenes anywhere else at WDW!

Wow a Downton Abbey and Dis fan... You are a girl after my own heart...;)

How fun that you got an opportunity to work at Disney... and how spectacular that you've gotten a chance to follow your dream of writing...:goodvibes

I can't wait to follow you and your family around the Bay Lake Resorts... it's the ultimate in resort hopping...

I've only been club at the AKL and I agree it is enough food to make dinner of...(we were actually upgraded pixiedust: and I was really torn because we had already made adrs... it's too much food to eat in the lounge and have dinner out...)

I love that the lounge at the Contemporary has the food set up to mirror the overall feeling of resort- kind of 60s mod... and sleek... It's always about the details...

Look forward to following along...

The club level lounge looks great and the food selections look so yummy. I love your "dinner" selections. That food is making me hungry.

Woo hoo for a quick trip in for Splash Mountain.

I love your shoes and yes - you certainly did pick fashion over function. :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter