• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2012 Beach and Yacht FAQ, Part 3- Don't Post Here!!! New Thread, November 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where else but Disney can you act like a kid and fit right in?

Lol! Well this trip is a birthday trip for me:cool1: never thought I would get to go during my b day but it has worked out. He keeps asking what I want and I keep telling him this trip is my present but he is insisting so I told him I want tickets to MNSSHP:thumbsup2. We r going costume shopping tonight. He is not that excited but I am jumping up and down. He keeps saying " really, this is what you want for your 35th birthday:confused3" I keep answering ::yes::

Guess who is coming for my birthday and Christmas??? Yep, Princess Lily and her Queen Mother. Sooooo excited!

It was a great movie and it even held the attention of my fidgety 3 year old niece. My oldest son said "Mom, when I was that little did I not listen to you like that?" I cracked up laughing because dealing with a 3 year old is like trying to reason with a drunk. They have no interest in doing the sensible thing, it's just party on and they'll deal with any consequences later.

:grouphug:

~NM

Ok that made me laugh out loud, never thought of that comparison, but it works, doesn't it? I think many parents could benefit from trying to redirect a 3 year old, and not trying to control them. But for the most part all bets are off when it comes with trying to reason with them.:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

My thoughts and prayers are also with you and your family during this time, you are very fortunate to have other family members around for support.

TeenaS said:
Guess who is coming for my birthday and Christmas??? Yep, Princess Lily and her Queen Mother. Sooooo excited!

WooHoo!! You'll have the best Christmas ever!!

We'll be staying at BCV from April 19 through 30, deluxe studio. We'll be bringing 2 friends of ours, one that has never been to Disney.... So looking forward to it! :thumbsup2

Hi! what is the difference between a deluxe studio and a regular studio? :confused3
thanks!

Oh goody, possibly more pictures of the Princess and maybe a "trip report"?? Can't wait. :hyper::hyper: You're one lucky lady!

Lori the lurker

We'll be at the Beach Club in a little over three weeks! I had a couple of questions:

If our grandson and family wants to swim in SAB on checkout day, where can they change?

They will be on the Dining Plan. Can they pickup breakfast items (milk, cereal, juice sort of thing) in the evening from the Marketplace and put them them in their room frig ready to go the next morning? (using one quick service credit).
Our visit is short, and I'm a little concerned the Marketplace will be busy in the mornings, just wanted a faster breakfast option if possible.
Thanks much!:goodvibes

Less than 2 weeks now and I'm thinking I should have questions but I cant think of any. I think I'm on info overload and I just cant think anymore. And I'm so afraid I'm going to forget something. I did some packing today and Im not even sure what I packed. LOL. Just too much going on lately.

Pop us on the list but keep it quiet 19th August 2013 to 2nd September 2013, a joint celebration trip for my birthday and our 20th Wedding Anniversary....looking forward to our stay but we have kept it a surprise for our DS who only knows about the flights so far.

We'll be at the Beach Club in a little over three weeks! I had a couple of questions:

If our grandson and family wants to swim in SAB on checkout day, where can they change?

They will be on the Dining Plan. Can they pickup breakfast items (milk, cereal, juice sort of thing) in the evening from the Marketplace and put them them in their room frig ready to go the next morning? (using one quick service credit).
Our visit is short, and I'm a little concerned the Marketplace will be busy in the mornings, just wanted a faster breakfast option if possible.
Thanks much!:goodvibes

That's an excellent question about changing- when the health club was open, that was a good option because it was close to the pool and had a shower room and lockers. As far as I know, that area is still closed and I assume, but do not know for sure, that the changing areas are still closed.

There are bathrooms in the pool area, but I don't remember a changing stall there.

I thought your second question was easy, but I have never been to the Marketplace in the evening. You can definitely get the juice and milk any time of day. I think the cereal would still be out, but I haven't experienced that myself. We have gone in the afternoon and there were still pastries in the case.

Another option is to grab something as you are leaving one of the parks whenever you are headed back to your room the day before you leave:

MK- cinnamon bun or pastry and drinks from Main Street Bakery
EPCOT- pastry or even a sandwich from France that would keep and make a hearty breakfast the next morning (the ham and cheese is awesome)
HS-check out Writer's Stop or Starring Rolls
AK- Kusafari Bakery (don't know where that is though)

Could someone who has a trip in the next week or so check out the Marketplace in the evening to see what is out. Individual cereal boxes? What type of pastries?

Could someone who has a trip in the next week or so check out the Marketplace in the evening to see what is out. Individual cereal boxes? What type of pastries?

I will be there on Wednesday :yay: and will check that out and report back. I'm happy to take on any other "assignments" as well if there's anything else I can check out for anyone. So excited to be heading back home to the Beach Club!! :)

I will be there on Wednesday :yay: and will check that out and report back. I'm happy to take on any other "assignments" as well if there's anything else I can check out for anyone. So excited to be heading back home to the Beach Club!! :)

Individual cereal little boxes are always out as well as fruit.

:wave2: Hi all! Back last night from a wonderful :cool1: trip to BC! Of course, now we feel a little :sad:

Rooms - I booked two GV rooms: one for us (DH, DD, DS, and myself) and one for my mom (first trip to Disney). I requested 1) connecting and 2) patio or full balcony and both of my requests were met by the room assigner. YES! We had connecting first floor rooms on the walkway closest to Epcot (yes, a few doors from the 1501 exit). Warning - you can hear the fireworks from the room, even with the sliding door closed. You could also see the highest fireworks between the trees.

CMs - Cast members at BC were nice and very helpful. The lifeguards at SAB were great too. They had scheduled 'play time' with the kids. They helped bury my DS in the sand, build a sandcastle for my DD's Ariel, etc. I also found CMs to be very nice throughout the parks. My kids were fighting over who would hold the popcorn at MK, and the CM gave us a small extra cup, so the kiddos would stop arguing. Funny how little things make such a difference.

Food at resort - Breakfast at Cape May was wonderful, as usual. We also had a lovely breakfast *and* lunch at Captain's Grill and my mom and the kids had a lovely dinner there as well. Food at Captain's Grill was better executed than at Hollywood Brown Derby, even though HBD is much more expensive and is 2 credits on the dining plans. We also had dinner at Yachtsman Steakhouse on Monday and it was also wonderful. My heirloom tomato salad had such good quality tomatoes and they allowed me to sub the potatoes that came with my steak for any of the veg sides (I chose green beans and they were delish)! The portions were huge. The kids' meal were very good quality too. Note that this was a longer meal - about 2 hours - but completely worth the time. My DS loved the setting and took lots of pics during the entire meal.

The Marketplace - It was nice to see that they had a breakfast platter with eggs, and the fridge was well-stocked with hard-boiled eggs, yogurt parfaits, and fruit (note: the 'dry' stuff like cereals and the fridge stuff still had plenty left in the afternoons). However, this is a very small counter/area for such a big hotel. It was mobbed :crowded: in the mornings. It also opens late. You can get coffee in your mug from 6 - 7 am, but you cannot purchase anything until 7 am. Given that MK opened at 8 am every day during our trip, it basically gave us 15 minutes to purchase something in the am. I bought hard boiled eggs, fruit, and yogurt parfaits to keep in the room, but my mom is old school and needed something hot every morning, so we had to wait until they opened. Captain's Grill and Cape May opened even later - 7:30. I wish there would be an option that would open at 6:30 am. It's not possible to eat a good breakfast at the hotel when the parks open at 8 am unless you get room service.

SAB - I was very glad to see they were absolutely enforcing the wristbands at the three entrances (with all other entrances closed off). We had no problem finding chairs and plenty of breathing room.

Buses/transportation - This is one area that really improved over our previous two trips. I don't know if it's that they expected larger crowds this time than in 2009 and 2011, but unlike previous trips we did not share buses to MK with Swan, Dolphin and BWI. BC only shared with YC to and from MK. This was a huge improvement! We also did not share with Swan, Dolphin and BWI to AK, although the bus back from AK did stop at Blizzard Beach, Swan, Dolphin, YC, BC, and then BWI. We did not wait long for any buses.

Housekeeping - As usual, everything was clean. My mom had issues with coffee and creamer being left, but a call to HK, quickly brought her what she needed.

Parks
MK - By sheer luck, we found ourselves near the new Fantasyland on Friday, the first day of the 'dress rehearsals.' I had completely given up on seeing the new Fantasyland this trip and it was such a delightful surprise. And SoMK was a lot of fun. Does anyone ever lose? It seemed very easy to win.

Epcot - As expected, there was a big difference in the lines for the F&W kiosks during the middle of the week vs. weekends. In the middle of the week, lines were very short.

Dining
As usual, we were on the DxDp and ate our little hearts (stomachs) out. For the most part, we all thought the food was quite good.

Bounceback - BB was FD for 8/18 - 9/26 next year. We prefer room discounts and those dates do not work for us at all, so we did not book.

I'll be happy to answer any questions!

Welcome Back, Vinotino!!! And thanks for the report! :)

There are bathrooms in the pool area, but I don't remember a changing stall there.

I thought your second question was easy, but I have never been to the Marketplace in the evening.

No stalls in the bathroom in SAB last time I was there, and it was very wet on the ground in there! When we've changed before/after getting into our room, we've used either the great bathroom in the club lounge OR if not CL, then the bathroom outside of SAB on the way to YC. But not sure about the status of that area right now - didn't venture over to the YC side last weekend!

I need to get going on my BC Marketplace update! So I'll work on that shortly. I spent more time than usual at the Marketplace this trip, since we didn't book CL and we were SO CLOSE to it in our fabulous 2nd floor room. (Can you tell how much I loved it?) In my experience, the Marketplace can get quite busy in the evenings right after Epcot closes, and I don't find crowds in the morning because I'm usually there around 6:30am for coffee and then 7am for anything else. Last weekend, a line started to build in the quick service area around 7:30am.

Here's a photo of the cereals that I took in the evening last weekend:

DSCN8633_zps54d95319.jpg

I still have some random extra photos to post! Sorry for the poor quality - just took a few on the run.

Hurricane Hanna's Alternatives:

DSCN8746_zps7a5e9041.jpg

Afternoon Dining:

DSCN8749_zps88d9197f.jpg

Solarium Gym:

DSCN8601_zpsfd0cd13e.jpg

DSCN8577_zpsa35dd665.jpg

DSCN8576_zps2b5c95fb.jpg

DSCN8578_zpsf51a3ff1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter