2011 Yacht & Beach Club FAQ, Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone tell me what the business center at BC/YC is like? I'd love to pack light and not pack a laptop I may not need if the business center facilities are decent. Thank you!

Does anyone have any photos or a room layout of the deluxe rooms at Beach Club? I found one picture but I couldn't see how they were actually much larger than the regular rooms. The Boardwalk deluxe rooms (same price) have that separate alcove that might really be nice, though the Beach Club appeals to me more overall.

I responded over on the other BC Deluxe room thread with details about the 6 Deluxe rooms.

I don't know anything about the Boardwalk resort. How many Deluxe rooms do they have? Do you know if they all have full balconies?

Here's another timely reminder for the summer (and Fall, and Winter and Spring) guest.

Even though they sell Alcohol at DHS and EPCOT they don't allow you to exit the park with an OPEN container of Alcohol. This necessitated Marlton Mom getting a Grey Goose slushie ice cream headache as she tried valiantly to chug hers before exiting.... not the "Grey Goose Slushie" experience I was hoping for.

Take a refillable mug people!!!. Dump your slushie or butterbeer or whatever into it and no one will be the wiser...

This has been a public service announcement from Marlton Mom.

Here's another timely reminder for the summer (and Fall, and Winter and Spring) guest.

Even though they sell Alcohol at DHS and EPCOT they don't allow you to exit the park with an OPEN container of Alcohol. This necessitated Marlton Mom getting a Grey Goose slushie ice cream headache as she tried valiantly to chug hers before exiting.... not the "Grey Goose Slushie" experience I was hoping for.

Take a refillable mug people!!!. Dump your slushie or butterbeer or whatever into it and no one will be the wiser...

Best. Tip. Ever.

Is it bad that I am already googling possibilities for alcohol delivery to my room? And we aren't traveling for NINE MONTHS? OK don't answer that. I don't even drink. much

Can anyone tell me what the business center at BC/YC is like? I'd love to pack light and not pack a laptop I may not need if the business center facilities are decent. Thank you!

Facility is ok. Little bit of a pain to get there but not too bad. Thru convention center. They have hours so not open all night or anything. I think there is a bank of 4 computers. I never had anyone in there when I was there. You pay a fedex counter guy for a block of minutes to use over the span of your trip and then the computer room is small - maybe 8 x 6 feet with 4 computers in there if I am remembering correctly. Desk area to work with isn't big but if you are checking email it is fine.

This is my first onsite stay (unless you count when I was 10, I think we were at Lake Buena Vista in a hotel/motel of some kind but it was 1977 so I can't remember!!!) and I want to make it special for the kids. We are (right now!) staying at BC CL. Will the IPO help me to have a few things from the gift shops in my room when we arrive? What about the refillable mugs? I don't necessarily want some big themed celebration, just a couple of surprises for the kids. There must be a thread for this, but I can't seem to find one. Anyone else staying at BC do anything like this?

Anyone ever use Memories by Betsy to have something delivered to the BC? That's exactly what I was looking for...

Take a refillable mug people!!!. Dump your slushie or butterbeer or whatever into it and no one will be the wiser..

Oh, Marlton Mom... that is bloody brilliant! :thumbsup2

I will not let my refillable mug out of my sight... I will not let my refillable mug out of my sight... I will not let my refillable mug out of my sight... I will not let my refillable mug out of my sight... I will not let my refillable mug out of my sight...
2.gif

My Dad is doing really well! Thank you all for the thoughts and prayers.

I love all the beautiful pictures of Princess Lily! What a cutie!

As I read through the pages to catch up, I saw a few people have been to Ogunquit. I spend time there every summer!

To all at BC/YC, ENJOY! Can't wait to get back there........

As I read through the pages to catch up, I saw a few people have been to Ogunquit. I spend time there every summer!

So glad to hear the positive news about your dad! Thanks for letting us know.

Fantastic news on your Dad!!!!

I'm happy to hear your dad is doing really well!

Warmest of wishes.

Jay

Great News!! Continued prayers.

~Nannette

Woo hoo MM!

As a proud and frequent carrier of the refillable mug, a user of it for all beverages (coffee, soda, gg slushie, wine, milk), and a huge fan of the grey goose slushie, I wholeheartedly agree! I am happy to report that I have never once consumed a grey goose slushie from the silly plastic glass (who can push a stroller and drink that thing at the same time?) Always the refill mug. Unfortunately, my posts about slushies in the refill mug led some to believe that grey goose slushies were included in the price of the mug, which of course, they are not!

Word of warning to all - my personal experience is that the gg slushie goes MUCH faster when you are drinking it out of a straw in the refillable mug. Much faster. (But ask for the straw anyway - prevents wasted slushie at the bottom of the mug.)

And one last word of warning - pour carefully! The transfer from silly plastic glass to refillable mug can be very messy if you are not extremely cautious. I require my family to stand back and clear the area during the pouring. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter