2011 Yacht & Beach Club FAQ, Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, we have not had a Lily fix for awhile...

Here she is at 2 weeks old

Lily2weeksold.jpg

SO CUTE AND SWEET!!!

How Precious!!! I love the minnie socks....alas, another thing I miss by being a boy mommy ;).

Hey, y'all! Dining question for the BW/Y&BC area ... I'm thinking of getting lunch on our way back from DHS to BC for an afternoon rest. What are the options for using a QS dining credit along that walk? All I can think of is BW Bakery, then Hurricane Hanna's and the BC Marketplace one we reach BC. Anywhere else?

First, I'd like to say this forum is so helpful! I got through the first page last night! Thank you for putting it all together!

I have a couple of questions if someone could help me...

HCow is the continental breakfast at the YC lounge? Does anyone know the price?

How far is the walk (roughly) from the YC to the BC marketplace?

Are the buses really that bad to DTD and MK? This is our first trip without a car, so now I am worried!

And, do the pool activities cost anything?

Thank you all in advance! Just about 3 weeks, this is when I get really excited!!!:yay:

~Sarah

I agree with everyone that if your not in a rush sit back & enjoy the bus ride from DtD.
Pool games are free but their are some activities that you have to buy, like the S'mores for the campfire...only if you want to. You don't have to roast marshmallows to enjoy the fire.

I think all resort buses back from DtD takes a while. If you do go, leave after the WP's close then it will be a shorter trip...late evening. It also depends on the driver & What route they take...we found this out last year at CBR. If your in a rush take a cab...If you want to relax, enjoy the bus ride...If you want to play or see fireworks, I like the Boat to POR/POFQ/SSR/OKW & take bus to Epcot & head back after touring for a bit.
Have a magical trip!

OK, we have not had a Lily fix for awhile...

Here she is at 2 weeks old

Lily2weeksold.jpg

SO CUTE AND SWEET!!!

Love the Minnie socks...looks so comfy.
She's ready for her debut at the BC!

Thanks for sharing.

Are the buses really that bad to DTD and MK? This is our first trip without a car, so now I am worried!

And, do the pool activities cost anything?

~Sarah

First for the buses to MK.... these are fine so take them coming and going and don't worry about a thing.

It's the buses coming BACK from Downtown Disney that are the problem. Coming back they stop here, there and everywhere so take a Cab back to the BC/YC hotels if you don't want to go on a long tour.

As for the pool activites costing anything I know that they were not charging for pool side games. I can't speak for the T-shirt making.

Marlton Mom tried to shake down some of the younger children for their allowances when they wanted to throw the water balloons at her during the target game but all of those kids were too darn smart and they knew they got to toss the balloon for free!

~MM

awwwwww

Little Lilly Peanut is so sweet looking.

Don't you just LOVE LOVE LOVE that floppy boneless sleep thing that infants do. They look like they should be uncomfortable but they just slumber away.

Since you mentioned it, does anyone know if they've brought back the S'mores to the campfire at Beach Club? We were REALLY dissapointed last summer when they informed us that they were no longer being offered but the marshmellows were now free.

Silly question maybe...

do adults go to the evening campfire on the beach? I'm sure it's mostly families with kids but I'm going on a mother/daughter trip with my mom who just turned 70 (I'm 40 :scared1: ). We were thinking we would like to get a couple of s'mores by the campfire one night (but not to watch the movie) but don't want to feel out of place if it's mostly young kids. (But, then again, it's Disney so everyone's a kid at heart, right?)

Hey, y'all! Dining question for the BW/Y&BC area ... I'm thinking of getting lunch on our way back from DHS to BC for an afternoon rest. What are the options for using a QS dining credit along that walk? All I can think of is BW Bakery, then Hurricane Hanna's and the BC Marketplace one we reach BC. Anywhere else?

This doesn't exactly answer the question you asked, but this is what my family did last year when we were coming back from DHS for an afternoon rest:

OK, the rest of the family rested. I don't do rest.

We took the boat from DHS to EPCOT, then I got take out from Morocco and my DH and sons got sandwiches from France to bring back to the room.

Our only complaint is that they wouldn't let my DH take a creme brulee to go, because it was too hot outside. And it was. But the chocolate mousse was awesome, too!

Since you mentioned it, does anyone know if they've brought back the S'mores to the campfire at Beach Club? We were REALLY dissapointed last summer when they informed us that they were no longer being offered but the marshmellows were now free.

We just went to the campfire Monday night and it's just marshmallows.... they also no longer do the sing-along, or at least they didn't this past week....

We just went to the campfire Monday night and it's just marshmallows.... they also no longer do the sing-along, or at least they didn't this past week....

Do you think we could bring our own smore's ingredients (we're ordering from Garden Grocer) and use their marshmallows? I LOVE smore's!!

This doesn't exactly answer the question you asked, but this is what my family did last year when we were coming back from DHS for an afternoon rest:

OK, the rest of the family rested. I don't do rest.

We took the boat from DHS to EPCOT, then I got take out from Morocco and my DH and sons got sandwiches from France to bring back to the room.

Our only complaint is that they wouldn't let my DH take a creme brulee to go, because it was too hot outside. And it was. But the chocolate mousse was awesome, too!

Oh, my! This is still a good answer. We always get park-hoppers. I've already mentioned to that DH we could get take-out fish and chips over in England one day, and he said YES, PLEASE. So I know what he would pick. I'd be all about lunch from the Patisserie! This sounds like a call we could make as we exit: hop on the boat if it's there, walk and just stop at the BW Bakery or Hurricane Hanna's if it's not.

I keep loosing sight of exactly how close to EPCOT we will really be! Thank you!

Since people have been talking about the poolside games/activities in the last page or two, I have a question. Is there a general timeframe these take place? More in the morning or afternoon? Or do they generally take place throughout the day? I'd just like to know if there's a particular time we should look out for them.

Since people have been talking about the poolside games/activities in the last page or two, I have a question. Is there a general timeframe these take place? More in the morning or afternoon? Or do they generally take place throughout the day? I'd just like to know if there's a particular time we should look out for them.

There are activities schedules for June and July listed on the first page of this thread. August is not available yet, but these will give a sampling of some of the activities available.

Pool activities are scheduled for 1 pm to around 6 pm.

There are activities schedules for June and July listed on the first page of this thread. August is not available yet, but these will give a sampling of some of the activities available.

Pool activities are scheduled for 1 pm to around 6 pm.

Perfect. I thought they were more of a spontaneous/unscheduled thing. I can check out the schedule when I get home. Most pictures get blocked here at work with the settings they have (heck, they try to block the whole DIS Boards site {or any othe messgae board site}, but I figured out a way to get in the back door).

Thanks.

Perfect. I thought they were more of a spontaneous/unscheduled thing. I can check out the schedule when I get home. Most pictures get blocked here at work with the settings they have (heck, they try to block the whole DIS Boards site {or any othe messgae board site}, but I figured out a way to get in the back door).

Thanks.

:surfweb: more fun to have to sneak in. :rotfl:

Does anyone have any photos or a room layout of the deluxe rooms at Beach Club? I found one picture but I couldn't see how they were actually much larger than the regular rooms. The Boardwalk deluxe rooms (same price) have that separate alcove that might really be nice, though the Beach Club appeals to me more overall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter