• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2011 Yacht & Beach Club FAQ, Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Natebenma! I was able to find a hotel room map and now it makes sense to me. Do those access doors require BC key card? Just wondering if the door requires a key for entrance and if so, would our BCV key card work? I have been many times to BC and always excited to find new information that makes each trip even more unique!

-Julie

I was speaking to my husband today about the secret housekeeping closet/room of requirement, and I think he is getting on board with the plan. He no longer rolls his eyes at me, and now he is adding in his own wishes.

I would like to request that we install a hot tub on the fireworks viewing area, and my husband is asking that a beer tap be installed within reach of the hot tub.

Janet

Greetings, Beach Club aficionados (and those of the Yacht Club and the Beach Club Villas as well)!

In spite of many stays at many Disney resorts, all of them great happy experiences, long have I yearned to bask on the shores of Crescent Lake and to dip my toes in the pristine waters of Stormalong Bay, to harken to the fleeting peals of laughter and giddy merriment emanating from the exquisitely imagineered Secret Housekeeping Suite of a Million Dreams, and to dine at Cape May. This morning I jumped out of bed at 5:30 a.m., saved some time, skipped the line* and checked in online, bringing my vision a mere ten days closer to reality.

All of the usual suspects who have journeyed to the World with me multiple times are unavailable for the final week of the Epcot Flower & Garden Festival so this will be another solo expedition for me. Thus I hope to have time to regale you with images and accounts of the highlights.

Doubtless many of you will be happy to learn that I have not requested any of the elusive full balconies, new-style daybeds, or unobstructed views of IllumiNations. I am eagerly awaiting my first glimpse of whatever rooftop or expanse of asphalt my happy Standard Room has in store for me!

The hasty help and ready wit of those who contribute to and maintain this thread (and its predecessor) have mightily enchanced my anticipation of the Beach Club goodness I am so looking forward to experiencing. My thanks to all of you accompanied by my earnest wishes for your good health and many magical Disney moments.

See you real soon among the blooms!

*That was Disney's way of putting it, of course; I know that I may not actually skip any line by checking in online. And even if it didn't offer the chance of saving any time, I would have done it anyway, as I have done ever since they started offering it, just because of the magical effect it has on my outlook on life.

We will be checking in tomorrow and we are so looking forward to our first "on-property" stay. After many months of following this thread, I know we made the right to decision to have our "first" be at the Beach Club. I just can't wait to experience it in person finally. I feel like I have already been there due to all of the information shared here. Thanks to everyone for all of the tips and info, it has been valuable in our planning!

I am able to accept any "Missions" for pictures or any information gathering that anyone may need. We will have connectivity during our stay.

We are currently driving on I-95 in North Carolina and anxiously awaiting the first visible palm tree! We have had a long winter!:woohoo:

:yay::yay::yay:Making my kids do jumping jacks at every rest stop to get their excitement out!

We will be checking in tomorrow and we are so looking forward to our first "on-property" stay. After many months of following this thread, I know we made the right to decision to have our "first" be at the Beach Club. I just can't wait to experience it in person finally. I feel like I have already been there due to all of the information shared here. Thanks to everyone for all of the tips and info, it has been valuable in our planning!

I am able to accept any "Missions" for pictures or any information gathering that anyone may need. We will have connectivity during our stay.

We are currently driving on I-95 in North Carolina and anxiously awaiting the first visible palm tree! We have had a long winter!:woohoo:

:yay::yay::yay:Making my kids do jumping jacks at every rest stop to get their excitement out!

HAVE A FANTASTIC TIME!!!

Teena should be working tomorrow, so hopefully she will be around when you are checking in, so you can say "Hello"

Can you check the time for the campfire and movie on the beach. And ask the lifeguards what the hours of SAB are. I know the hours are subject to change, but I can try to update the times monthly to see how that goes.

Thanks Natebenma! I was able to find a hotel room map and now it makes sense to me. Do those access doors require BC key card? Just wondering if the door requires a key for entrance and if so, would our BCV key card work? I have been many times to BC and always excited to find new information that makes each trip even more unique!

-Julie

I'm pretty sure we didn't need a key card to access the door of the secret entrance. I'm not sure if that changes "after hours" or even when "after hours" would be.

Greetings, Beach Club aficionados (and those of the Yacht Club and the Beach Club Villas as well)!

:welcome:

Glad we could add to the excitement for your solo stay at the Beach Club.

Would you like us to add you to our "Guest List" at the front of the thread? If so, let us know the dates of your stay at the BC.

Look forward to hearing what you think of the resort!

LOVE the quote in your signature! My boys both performed in Peter Pan with our community theatre group last spring. Ben was the crocodile. Tick Tock! Tick Tock! Tick Tock!

P4180268.jpg

Safe travels! :woohoo:
You are on I-95 already? Are you driving from Pitt?

I'd say stop by my house--I'm on the SC/NC line :hippie:

I'm pretty sure we didn't need a key card to access the door of the secret entrance. I'm not sure if that changes "after hours" or even when "after hours" would be.

OK, it is officially bad. When I first read this I though you were referring to the Secret room and I was thinking "No way, we don't need keys since it is secret and a key would mean we had to check in. We have to walk past the place it is supposed to be and picture the room in our minds, then the door will appear, just like in the Harry Potter books!!" We could do the old fashioned secret password but then someone would have to always to be there to let people in :)

Then I went back and reread the post and realized it was a real question about the REAL BC. Ooops. Oh, and I will work on a blow up of the bathroom areas. The original picture was just a snapshot, there are many more facilities and larger tubs and showers :woohoo:

Thank you, natebenma, for that sparkly welcome!

>>>
Glad we could add to the excitement for your solo stay at the Beach Club.
<<<

You certainly did!

>>>
Would you like us to add you to our "Guest List" at the front of the thread? If so, let us know the dates of your stay at the BC.
<<<

That would be great, thanks. I will be "sailing in" on the 10th of May and slowly, tearfully rowing away on the 17th.

>>>
Look forward to hearing what you think of the resort!
<<<

I know I will love it and it will be fun to report from the scene!

>>>
LOVE the quote in your signature! My boys both performed in Peter Pan with our community theatre group last spring. Ben was the crocodile. Tick Tock! Tick Tock! Tick Tock!
<<<

Now I know, as we all do, never to smile at a crocodile… but of course I could not help it upon seeing that picture!

OK, it is officially bad. When I first read this I though you were referring to the Secret room and I was thinking "No way, we don't need keys since it is secret and a key would mean we had to check in. We have to walk past the place it is supposed to be and picture the room in our minds, then the door will appear, just like in the Harry Potter books!!" We could do the old fashioned secret password but then someone would have to always to be there to let people in :)

Then I went back and reread the post and realized it was a real question about the REAL BC. Ooops. Oh, and I will work on a blow up of the bathroom areas. The original picture was just a snapshot, there are many more facilities and larger tubs and showers :woohoo:

Don't forget the lazy river for the fantasy bathroom! Well, um..... after second thought perhaps we should place that on the roof!

And Smee, I LOVE your Tigger Avatar! Too funny, that Tigger ! :tigger:

Does the secret room have an unlimited stash of chocolate?

Actually, if it had unlimited stashes of all of my favorite snacks from around the World, I'd be happy. And - of course - NONE of those snacks could have ANY calories. That will be a NO-CALORIE room, right??!!

Does the secret room have an unlimited stash of chocolate?

Actually, if it had unlimited stashes of all of my favorite snacks from around the World, I'd be happy. And - of course - NONE of those snacks could have ANY calories. That will be a NO-CALORIE room, right??!!

Oh yes, as a matter of fact that new Karamell Küche in Germany has a pneumatic tube system that delivers the chocolates to the Mousekeeping fantasy Suite, and somehow, along the way they lose all the calories.... so go figure!

We are now in talks to get one of those Dole Whip machines next to the beer tap by the hot tub. I'm telling ya the place is HOPPING!!

~MM

After last year I said we were going to take a year off from Disney, but after lurking on this thread for a while I started to miss the YC! I took advantage of my free dining pin that expires today and booked for June :banana:

There are only water view rooms left. Our other visits we did standard and requested gazebo view. I don't mind too much paying extra for water view, but if I'm going to pay the extra $$$, I would prefer a view of Crescent Lake and not the quiet pool. Any suggestions on what to request?

Oh yes, as a matter of fact that new Karamell Küche in Germany has a pneumatic tube system that delivers the chocolates to the Mousekeeping fantasy Suite, and somehow, along the way they lose all the calories.... so go figure!

We are now in talks to get one of those Dole Whip machines next to the beer tap by the hot tub. I'm telling ya the place is HOPPING!!

~MM

I love it when a plan comes together!! :lovestruc

Thank goodness this room expands because I suspect once someone enters this room they will never leave. :banana::banana::banana:

After last year I said we were going to take a year off from Disney, but after lurking on this thread for a while I started to miss the YC! I took advantage of my free dining pin that expires today and booked for June :banana:

There are only water view rooms left. Our other visits we did standard and requested gazebo view. I don't mind too much paying extra for water view, but if I'm going to pay the extra $$$, I would prefer a view of Crescent Lake and not the quiet pool. Any suggestions on what to request?

Congratulations!

I may be wrong about this but I believe where it says pool view it means Stormalong bay pool that could be the pool view.
I honestly do not think that with the money someone would pay for a waterview that it would be in the back of the hotel at the quiet pool.
That has to be a garden view, doesnt it?
The $$ doesnt make sense for the quiet pool to be that costly. Its in a terrible area to pay a premium rate for...I could be wrong though

OK, I have asked each of the members of my family if they remember if the BC alternate entrance door (not to be confused with the secret closet access) required a keycard entry.

Now that I think about it, I am typically several paces behind my family snapping random photos, so I would never be in the position to have to use the card reader to open the door.

My husband says he is 80% sure that there was key entry for the door, but it may not have been required in all instances (the two times) we used this way in.

My older son says "Maybe. Maybe Not" He doesn't remember

My youngest son says "What secret entrance?"

This is all very odd and troubling to me because normally my family has excellent powers of recall.

So- anyone else who has made use of this door: What do you remember???

That still would not answer the question about where a BCV key card, or a YC key card for that matter, could be used to open the door if indeed a key card is required.

Sorry if this has been asked or mentioned before, but...

I think I read something somewhere about movies being shown on the beach at YC? Does anyone know what movies and what time this starts?

Thanks muchly! :flower3:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter