2011/2012 Beach & Yacht FAQ, Part IV- DO NOT POST- see new 2012 thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm getting excited for my first Beach Club stay later this spring! I have two questions for you BC experts:
- How early can I get breakfast at the Marketplace? I didn't see their operating hours anywhere...
- Thinking about booking the first Epcot Around the World segway tour, at 7:45am. I've heard that I won't be able to go through International Gateway that early, and should plan on taking a taxi from BC to the front gates of Epcot. Does anyone know if this is true (too early for IG), and also, is it easy to get a taxi at that houir of the morn? I'm wondering if I'll have to call ahead, or if there would be taxis outside...
Thanks!

Hi,

You can get a taxi in front where the valet is. Since you would be doing the first Segway Tour and can't get in through the IG to the front of the park you will be credited back for the cab if you let the valet and the cab know. Just get a receipt and they credit back to your room. Have fun I've done that tour and it's great!!

Hope this helps!

~Nannette

Thanks for th quick reply, Nannette! Wow- I never thought I'd get credit for the rtaxi fare- that's great!!

Hi everyone! A quick question here for seasoned BC/YC DISers:

Is it necessary to make ADRs for the breakfast at the Captain's Grille? (We're going the third week of April, so it is a busy time, but not packed.)

Also, I see the Ale & Compass Lounge offers a continental breakfast -- does this get crowded pre-park opening hours?

Just trying to figure out all our nearby breakfast options at the BC.

Thanks in advance!

I'm getting excited for my first Beach Club stay later this spring! I have two questions for you BC experts:
- How early can I get breakfast at the Marketplace? I didn't see their operating hours anywhere...
- Thinking about booking the first Epcot Around the World segway tour, at 7:45am. I've heard that I won't be able to go through International Gateway that early, and should plan on taking a taxi from BC to the front gates of Epcot. Does anyone know if this is true (too early for IG), and also, is it easy to get a taxi at that houir of the morn? I'm wondering if I'll have to call ahead, or if there would be taxis outside...
Thanks!

Hi KJay! I can answer the first part of your question! In our experience, the BC Marketplace has always opened for coffee and beverages (refill mug station) at 6:30am and for CS and everything else at 7am. The hours have been consistent over the past two years in February, March, May, July and August. Not sure if it changed since then. We're a rope drop family, so early is important to us, too! Hope that helps!

Is it necessary to make ADRs for the breakfast at the Captain's Grille? (We're going the third week of April, so it is a busy time, but not packed.)

Also, I see the Ale & Compass Lounge offers a continental breakfast -- does this get crowded pre-park opening hours?

Thanks in advance!

Hmm.... that's a tough one, the Captain's Grille one I mean... It was never close to being crowded when we went there for breakfast (or lunch) and with the financial penalties for cancelling ADR's unless it's canceled seventy-teen hours in advance... AND with Breakfast being the most ditched ADR meal (IMO).....

Hmmm..... I don't know.

If it were me I would NOT make an ADR for the Captain's Grille for Breakfast.

Now if we are talking Cape May Breakfast then yes you are probably going to need an ADR.

BTW The Captain's Grille is AWESOME!!! LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT!!!!

~Marlton Munchies

PS Those Chocolate croissant logs available at the Beach Club Market Place are calling my name!

Only 240 more days to go :banana::banana::banana:
I love waking up in the morning and catching up on this thread, there is so much wonderful information. This is our first BCV stay and thanks to this thread I have learned so much, I love to plan & do research! I was a little hesitant at first with booking at the BC but now I know this the perfect resort for us.
Hope everyone has a wonderful day

Thanks!

Hi,

You can get a taxi in front where the valet is. Since you would be doing the first Segway Tour and can't get in through the IG to the front of the park you will be credited back for the cab if you let the valet and the cab know. Just get a receipt and they credit back to your room. Have fun I've done that tour and it's great!!

Hope this helps!

~Nannette

I'm not sure exactly what time the IG opens. It needs to be open for breakfast in Norway, but I'm not sure when the earliest seating for that is. You would need to leave the resort no later than 7 if you were going to walk through, so I doubt the IG would be open then.

Taxi is the way to go. Cabs will definitely be readily available at that hour, out front as Nannette said.

I have been told that it is not official policy to credit back the cab fare, but it doesn't hurt to ask. Rebates have been given in the past to guests, and if you don't have another way to get to the front of EPCOT by the time you need to get there, then I would say you have a pretty valid case for the rebate. It makes sense from a PR point of view.

Just wanted to point out that it is not guaranteed.

Only 240 more days to go :banana::banana::banana:
I love waking up in the morning and catching up on this thread, there is so much wonderful information. This is our first BCV stay and thanks to this thread I have learned so much, I love to plan & do research! I was a little hesitant at first with booking at the BC but now I know this the perfect resort for us.
Hope everyone has a wonderful day

Thanks for your kind words!

DO NOT mention the "game which must not be named"! :scared1:

That game was replayed on TV last night. I don't know which channel...ESPN? NFL network? We were trying to get back to the Celtics game and my husband kept hitting the wrong thing and I saw the Giants and thought it was a replay from Sunday, but then my husband said "No, that's......." And we quickly changed the channel.

Thanks in advance!

I don't think you need reservations for Captains Grille for breakfast, however I don't think this is one of the restaurants currently charging for no-shows. I could be wrong, but I didn't think all of the Disney restaurants were assessing the no-show penalty.

I hear very little about the Ale & Compass breakfast, so I don't know if it is ever busy, but I suspect not.

I have not seen the Ale & Compass crowded. It's a grab-n-go type set up. You can get a few people in line at any time, it's usually quick...but there's not a lot of room there to sit. If you are not taking it back to your room, I'd say stake out a place to eat in the lobby or out the doors toward SAB there's some rockers and chairs.

Hmm.... that's a tough one, the Captain's Grille one I mean... It was never close to being crowded when we went there for breakfast (or lunch) and with the financial penalties for cancelling ADR's unless it's canceled seventy-teen hours in advance... AND with Breakfast being the most ditched ADR meal (IMO).....

Hmmm..... I don't know.

If it were me I would NOT make an ADR for the Captain's Grille for Breakfast.

Now if we are talking Cape May Breakfast then yes you are probably going to need an ADR.

BTW The Captain's Grille is AWESOME!!! LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT!!!!

~Marlton Munchies

PS Those Chocolate croissant logs available at the Beach Club Market Place are calling my name!

Um, Chocolate croissant logs? I know what my middle daughter will be eating for breakfast....

I don't think you need reservations for Captains Grille for breakfast, however I don't think this is one of the restaurants currently charging for no-shows. I could be wrong, but I didn't think all of the Disney restaurants were assessing the no-show penalty.

I hear very little about the Ale & Compass breakfast, so I don't know if it is ever busy, but I suspect not.

I've been searching for info on the Ale & Compass too, and not found much (aside from the official WDW website). Perhaps we'll check it out when we go and report back :)

Thanks for all the info. The Captain's Grille sounds good. We're rope drop people, and I'm trying to figure out our options for quick breakfasts early in the morning. I'm not sure we're going to want to do the Market Place every day. I figure if we can be somewhere for breakfast at 7:30 am on the dot, we'll be okay (don't do EMHs, just do normal rope drop).

Btw, thanks to the info in this thread, I am multi-quoting for the very first time! So proud of myself....

:welcome: Welcome to the new faces on the thread!

Congrats! I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list on Page 1.

When you get a chance, look over the info on the first page. We are happy to answer your questions!

I just looked over the first page and as much as I'd like to be at the BC 8/7-8/24, I'm really only there 8/17-8/24 :)...just wanted to let you know so you could tweak our dates.

Thank you!

Thanks for all the info. The Captain's Grille sounds good. We're rope drop people, and I'm trying to figure out our options for quick breakfasts early in the morning.

The Captains Grille has a breakfast buffet that's really great. There is a large selection and the servers understand that you are in a hurry and they will do their best to accommodate your need for speed!

When we went for lunch we were in a hurry to get back to the parks. Our Waitress realized this and let us know that we could have our dessert gelati (or ice cream, I forget...) in a "to go" cup so we could enjoy it on the boat back to DHS. How nice was that!

~Marlton Mom

We LOVE Captain's Grille for breakfast! It's a must do on every trip. It's a very relaxed, casual atmosphere & it's never crowded. We've never made an ADR for it, and I've never seen it more than 1/4 full. They have a very nice selection of hot & cold foods on the buffet, there's something for everyone. The cost is very reasonable (in Disney terms of reasonable) and our service has always been great. We had the same server 2 years in a row & she remembered something that happened at our table from the previous year!

I'm a foodie & have lots pics of the buffet, if anyone wants to see them I can get them to you.

We LOVE Captain's Grille for breakfast! It's a must do on every trip. It's a very relaxed, casual atmosphere & it's never crowded. We've never made an ADR for it, and I've never seen it more than 1/4 full. They have a very nice selection of hot & cold foods on the buffet, there's something for everyone. The cost is very reasonable (in Disney terms of reasonable) and our service has always been great. We had the same server 2 years in a row & she remembered something that happened at our table from the previous year!

I'm a foodie & have lots pics of the buffet, if anyone wants to see them I can get them to you.

I would LOVE to see a pic of the buffet when you get a chance! Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!