2011/2012 Beach & Yacht FAQ, Part IV- DO NOT POST- see new 2012 thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a photopass desk at the BC. They are normally not there except in the evenings. They do have appointments during the day though. A family was there a few weekends ago when I worked for an appointment for shots there at the Y&B.

I'm not sure if you can still do the resort photo sessions at the resorts. I think you can. Disneymomx7, did you do these one year?

I think you can call (reservations?) to arrange this in advance of your trip.

You know where you can find more than you ever wanted to know about photopass? Stitchkingdom. Brad's website is awesome! I love his Ultimate Guides, and he has one for photopass. That probably has the recent info you need.

There are sometimes random photopass photographers at the Beach Club. I encountered one in 2010.

I think the Whirling Waters is the whirlpool section. I didn't know it was there until our last trip there!

P7130791-1.jpg

P7130794-1.jpg

I don't remember there being anything particularly remarkable about the Bubbling Bay, other than it being another section of the pool.

Me too, Me too!!! SK is my favorite author. Met him once at a lecture/book signing. He signed copies of The Stand and Night Shift for me.

We did the photopass picture package at BC when we did our GG in 2008.
We've done them at the GF and the Polynesian too and I have to tell you the BC ones are my favorite. We took a lot of pictures on the beach and the grassy areas. Some have the Boardwalk in the background, some have just Crescent Lake, some have BC and some have the marina. I loved them!

We made arrangements for the photo shoot before we got to Disney but I think (and I could be wrong) that you can make arrangements at the desk when you get there.

The Whirling Waters section is one of my kids favorite section at SAB. It's like a giant version of the whirlpool we used to make in above ground swimming pools when we were kids!

I posted this on a separate thread but it was recommended to me to post hear...Thanks

Hi, I consider myself a veteran of Disney at the MK properties but I am venturing into unchartered territory. I decided to try something new and booked my family in a club level room at the BC. I had to leave my previous trip early so this new reservation was made through a special reservationist that only stated I had a daybed and was on the 5th floor...since I have a family of 5.... 2 adults 3 kids (14, 11 and 10). Can anyone recommend a room they were happy in?? or tell me about their experience on the 5th floor..view, lounge??

Also, the 1st night we get to Disney I would like to go over to The Boardwalk..never been there. What can I expect?? is there entertainment on the Boardwalk? Can you recommend a fun place to eat there?? Any information would be welcomed! Thanks
Pretty much everything I have on club level at the BC is on page 1 of the thread. I have a bunch of pictures there and there is also a link to a slide show of more photos put togther by DawnMaree.

I love the breakfast in the lounge. My family is usually there first thing in the morning (7 am), we fuel up and then hit whatever park is having the early EMH that day.

Soda and snacks are offered in the afternoon, Beer/Wine and finger food/appetizers are offered in the late afternoon, and cordials/desserts in the evening.

If you want a beer earlier in the day before they have them out, I think you can ask the CMs.

You can eat in the lounge or take a plate back to your room if you wish.

Club Level offers other perks:

The IPO can make dining reservations for you

Purchases made in the parks will be delivered directly to your room (instead of to the Marketplace)

They have DVDs you can borrow

That's all I can think of for the moment.

For rooms, if a full balcony is important to you, you should request that.

If location is important, some of the things you may want to request are "close to lounge/close to elevator/close to lobby"

I have some info a few pages back about a standard view room we loved (5670) because we could see both the Illuminations fireworks and the MK fireworks, but our room didn't have a daybed.

Hope that helps!

I haven't really played over at the Boardwalk, so maybe some others will have suggestions about what to do and where to eat.

Me too, Me too!!! SK is my favorite author. Met him once at a lecture/book signing. He signed copies of The Stand and Night Shift for me.

That is so cool! It is so great to meet a favourite author and get them to sign your book. :thumbsup2

Ah, I get it now. I am staying there on rented DVC points. How is it that I pay for hk every day? Is that something I request at check in? Do you happen to know how much?

Thanks for your help!

I don't think your question got answered yet. I've never requested an additional cleaning, so I don't know if you do it at the Check In Desk or if you call Housekeeping from your room to arrange it.

Here's how it works for people staying at Beach Club Villas on DVC points, and how much it costs them for extra cleanings:

Trash & Towel Service
For stays of seven or less nights, Trash & Towel Service is provided on day four, regardless of whether you're using Member-discounted cash, Vacation Points or a combination of both.

With Trash & Towel service, Housekeeping will:

Empty trash and replace liners in trash bins.
Provide fresh bathroom linens.
Replace shampoo, facial soap and bath soap.
Replenish facial tissues, paper towels and toilet paper.
Replenish coffee, sugar, cream and sweeteners.
Replenish dishwashing liquid, dishwashing detergent, sponges and laundry detergent as needed in one-, two- and three-bedroom Vacation Homes.

Full Cleaning Service
For stays of eight or more nights, Full Cleaning Service is provided on day four and Trash & Towel Service is provided on day eight.After that, the cycle begins again on day 12, regardless of whether you're using Member-discounted cash, Vacation Points or a combination of both.

With Full Cleaning service, Housekeeping will provide everything included with the Trash & Towel Service, plus:

Change the bed linens.
Vacuum and dust the Vacation Home.
Clean the bathroom(s).
Clean the kitchen/kitchenette and wash the dishes.

Pay As You Play
With Pay As You Play service, you'll be provided with the following amenities free of charge at the start of your stay. After that, you may purchase more for the following fees:

Toiletries Package, $5.00 - 1 facial soap, 1 bath soap, 1 shampoo, 1 conditioner, 1 shower gel
Coffee Package, $3.00 - 1 package of coffee, 8 sugars, 8 creamers, 8 artificial sweeteners
Towel Package, $6.00 - 4 bath towels, 2 hand towels, 4 washcloths, 1 bath mat
Laundry Detergent (only in One-, Two-, and Three-bedroom Vacation Homes), $1.00 - 1 box

Additional Full Cleaning Rates:

Studio/Inn Room - $30.00 per day requested
One-Bedroom - $45.00 per day requested
Two-Bedroom - $60.00 per day requested
Three-Bedroom - $75.00 per day requested

Additional Trash & Towel Rates:

Studio/Inn Room - $15.00 per day requested
One-Bedroom - $20.00 per day requested
Two-Bedroom - $25.00 per day requested
Three-Bedroom - $35.00 per day requested

This year if you do wind up renting that Surrey cart, do you think you could take me and the gang for a trip around the lake? We'd love to get a peep at that Scary Clown slide on the other side.
:hug:
Paul, Pastina and the kids

Authorities believe that the server got a peep at that clown slide and that's why it's freezing up.

~MM

(Insert Stephen King reference) (Wondering, in that movie, was there a clo..... nope! Nevermind!)

~MM

Has to be done

:clown:BEEP BEEP Richie! They ALL float down here. When you're down here with us, you'll float too!

(and by the way had friends who stayed at the hotel where the Shining was written/filmed what ever it was, they brought me back a RedRum [in scary kid scrawl red ink] Black coffee mug, bet you'd never see the BC/YC CM's letting some kid ride his big wheel up and down thier hallways)

:hippie:

I remember the 60's!

Before we were recycled, Pastina and I spent time as the little plastic baggies that the brown acid was put in at Woodstock. Boy those were some Strange times....

When I saw that clown Icon I though it was... well never mind. I'm going to go read a phone book or something so I can stop the flash backs.

Paul

:hippie:

I remember the 60's!

Before we were recycled, Pastina and I spent time as the little plastic baggies that the brown acid was put in at Woodstock. Boy those were some Strange times....

When I saw that clown Icon I though it was... well never mind. I'm going to go read a phone book or something so I can stop the flash backs.

Paul

Well the munchies would explain your......plushness.popcorn::

Gotta go check under the bed.....darn clowns on the brain now.....

As a TRUE Cleveland Browns fan, I can never root for that team that stole away from town in the middle of the night, so as much as I hate to say it, GO PATS.

Do the B&YC still do the photopass. We did the park photopass last time and the pictures were amazing. We had some samples dome outside the BC last year and would love to have more done this time round. Anyone done this? What are the prices and packages etc? TIA:)

I know you can sign up for a photopass session at BC but I don't know how much it costs. When we were there in August, 2010 we were lucky enough to have an impromptu photopass session. The photographer just put the photos on our photopass card and it didn't cost any more than just ordering the CD. They were some of my favorite pictures ever!

ry%3D400

(Zachary and I were walking slowly and hadn't caught up yet!)

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Sadly I wasn't in any of the pictures but I used the middle one with the 3 kids for our holiday card that year.

Amanda

Amanda ... your daughter, especially in the middle picture, looks like a mini-Amanda!!! Beautiful pictures!!!
Hugs!!!

Great pictures Amanda!

Okay - question for you experts out there. We're planning a DHS Fantasmic (I won't call it Fantasmic! because the ! in the middle of a sentence just confuses me) day and I'm wondering how crowded the boats back to BC/YC usually get after the show. Is it miserable? We're going in mid-May. Is it better to plan to walk back to the resort? I'm a little worried that the kids won't be up for the walk - or that we'll get lost!

Thanks!

Great pictures Amanda!

Okay - question for you experts out there. We're planning a DHS Fantasmic (I won't call it Fantasmic! because the ! in the middle of a sentence just confuses me) day and I'm wondering how crowded the boats back to BC/YC usually get after the show. Is it miserable? We're going in mid-May. Is it better to plan to walk back to the resort? I'm a little worried that the kids won't be up for the walk - or that we'll get lost!

Thanks!

Thanks for the compliment! I wish I could take pictures like that!
In all of my trips I have never seen Fantasmic (my kids go to bed earlier than that!). I can promise you will not get lost walking back to BC. The path to get back to the Boardwalk area (including BC) is near the boat dock so you could see how long the line for boats is and then make a decision regarding walking vs. waiting.

Amanda

Great pictures Amanda!

Thanks!

You won't get lost. Trust that from one of the most directionally challenged individuals around. Nice views, too, as you walk.

How old are the kids?

We have done the walk twice, boys were 11/8 and 12/9. The first year was after Fantasmic- we walked at a brisk pace because the kids were racing the boat- and we just barely beat the boat back to the resort. The second time we did it was after a long day- AK, BB, Kona, HS, and then we walked back to the resort, again at a brisk clip- another race- and again barely beat the boat, which stops at the S/D first.

It is probably a 25 or so minute walk if you walking at a leisurely pace.

I don't know how crowded the boats are after F!, but I suspect you might not get onto the first one at the dock.

Pretty much everything I have on club level at the BC is on page 1 of the thread. I have a bunch of pictures there and there is also a link to a slide show of more photos put togther by DawnMaree.

I love the breakfast in the lounge. My family is usually there first thing in the morning (7 am), we fuel up and then hit whatever park is having the early EMH that day.

Soda and snacks are offered in the afternoon, Beer/Wine and finger food/appetizers are offered in the late afternoon, and cordials/desserts in the evening.

If you want a beer earlier in the day before they have them out, I think you can ask the CMs.

You can eat in the lounge or take a plate back to your room if you wish.

Thank you for all your information :thumbsup2...if anyone has a specific great room on club level I would love to get it.

Club Level offers other perks:

The IPO can make dining reservations for you

Purchases made in the parks will be delivered directly to your room (instead of to the Marketplace)

They have DVDs you can borrow

That's all I can think of for the moment.

For rooms, if a full balcony is important to you, you should request that.

If location is important, some of the things you may want to request are "close to lounge/close to elevator/close to lobby"

I have some info a few pages back about a standard view room we loved (5670) because we could see both the Illuminations fireworks and the MK fireworks, but our room didn't have a daybed.

Hope that helps!

I haven't really played over at the Boardwalk, so maybe some others will have suggestions about what to do and where to eat.

Thank you so much for all your information!!!! :thumbsup2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter