2011/2012 Beach & Yacht FAQ, Part IV- DO NOT POST- see new 2012 thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
:welcome:

What did you book for a view?

There are 3 view categories: Standard, Garden and Waterview. If you have a true family of 5 (everyone over age 3), then I don't believe they will let yo book a Garden View because the rooms in that category at club level are not properly configured for that many people.

The lounge is on the 5th floor. The elevators in between the BC lobby and BC Marketplace take you to the lounge, so it is located in that area of the resort (5 floors above the Marketplace area).

Rooms will be on the 5th floor.

If you would you like to be added to the Be Our Guest list on Page 1, let us know the dates of your trip.

I booked a room through a special reservationist...I had to leave our last vacation early :eek: and they gave me a credit for 2 nights so the view was not mentioned....they said the room they had to book for me was guaranteed a daybed so it would accommodate my family of 5, 2 adults and 3 kids 14, 11 and 10. All they said was it was on the 5th floor...I asked for the view but they didn't know :confused3 My dates are 4/10 through 4/16 I would love to be added....;)

The new menu on All Ears shows that the key lime pie is back at the Captain's Grill. If anyone is going to be at BC soon could you check out the menu for me?

Sounds crazy but I was soooo disappointed last year when they took the key lime pie off the menu. It was so good!

Teena - is anything going on with Cape May Buffet. I couldn't get an ADR there for either breakfast or dinner at the 180 day mark.

Nope ... not that I'm aware of. Haven't received any notice of them going down for a rehab or anything.

Nope ... not that I'm aware of. Haven't received any notice of them going down for a rehab or anything.

Disney seems to be having some res issues with a few of their restaurants. We are still trying to get in Hoop De Do for June 20 and as far as I can tell the res system is down for this restaurant after June 2. I check daily. I suppose that's all we can do

This is such a great thread!!! Very excited that I will be at the Beach Club May 29- June 4th. Its been on my list for years but finally booked it. This trip will just be me and my sister....two 40 something moms. Our kids are getting older and not so thrilled about Disney so we're going without them. I'm so excited I can't stand it.

I have never done park hoppers but wondering if we should... so many great restaurants in Epcot. What do y'all think? Is it really that easy to get in and out of Epcot?

This is such a great thread!!! Very excited that I will be at the Beach Club May 29- June 4th. Its been on my list for years but finally booked it. This trip will just be me and my sister....two 40 something moms. Our kids are getting older and not so thrilled about Disney so we're going without them. I'm so excited I can't stand it.

I have never done park hoppers but wondering if we should... so many great restaurants in Epcot. What do y'all think? Is it really that easy to get in and out of Epcot?

I think you'll find that park hoppers will be your best option at the Y&B. You'll be there during a very hot time of the year. Accordingly, we would be at a park when it opened, head back to the BC and spend the hottest part of the day at the best pool at WDW (IMO) and then walk into Epcot for dinner each night.

I think you'll find that park hoppers will be your best option at the Y&B. You'll be there during a very hot time of the year. Accordingly, we would be at a park when it opened, head back to the BC and spend the hottest part of the day at the best pool at WDW (IMO) and then walk into Epcot for dinner each night.

Thanks for your kind words about the thread. :thumbsup2

It is totally worth having hoppers! Like Teena said, go into EPCOT for dinner or a quick lunch. Return from MK by monorail instead of the bus for a change, and enjoy Space Ship Earth or get a FP for Soarin to use later in the day. When you are at HS and it is time for lunch, hop on the boat and head to EPCOT.

We have done all of these things when staying at the Beach Club.

Oh I hope the Key Lime is back. I talked to the chef in Dec. and told him how much it was missed.

I see Disneymom70 has the Noodles 6/22 -6/30. I am oh so hoping to be reunited w/them 6/22 - 6/24. Please let me know if this is possible. Thanks.

Oh I hope the Key Lime is back. I talked to the chef in Dec. and told him how much it was missed.

Maybe that's what did the trick!
I missed that pie so much last summer.

Wannabee - definitely go with the park hoppers. That's one of the best things about staying at BC/YC - no matter what park we go to during the day we spend lots of nights have dinner at the EPCOT restaurants! It's so nice to be able to walk over and back and not have to stand in line waiting for the bus to go back to the resort.

We do the same thing as Dee, only we make it a contest. DH and one or two of the kids will take the monorail from MK and walk through EPCOT and I'll take the other one(s) and take the bus back (or vice versa). It's a contest to see who can get back to the resort first!

I know. It's an addiction.

It's been two weeks since weeks since we were at WDW. Told the DW that I was planning no more trips until she gave me the green light. Our son is getting married in June so everything was put on hold.

We were sitting here last night and she asked was there anyway we could swing going to WDW the week after the wedding so we could just get away. Y'all know me. Go book it and figure out later how to swing it. So after sitting at computer all day and looking at no discounts, historical discounts, different resorts, DVC options, dining availability....I went ahead and booked BC CL Standard for the week of 6/18. (Hey. Today is her birthday and who am I to deny her birthday wish).

So ticker is up again. I know. It's an addiction. Had to tell folks that understand :grouphug:.

Ah MickeyT, you are a wonderful husband!

MickeyT - It's too bad you're going 6/18 instead of 7/18 when we check in!
Would have loved to had you at our BC/YC Mini DIs Meet!

Hi wannabee- I'll also be at Beach Club, June 1 - June 4, just me and my sister, two forty-something moms! :) Cool coincidence! Beach Club has been on my wishlist for a long time, but could never quite swing it with the family. My sis and I are treating ourselves to a long-awaited sisters' getaway. I can't wait!!

I see Disneymom70 has the Noodles 6/22 -6/30. I am oh so hoping to be reunited w/them 6/22 - 6/24. Please let me know if this is possible. Thanks.

We would love to see you again too. :thumbsup2 We had such a blast at Storm Along Bay with you and the family! :banana: :banana: :banana: This year if you do wind up renting that Surrey cart, do you think you could take me and the gang for a trip around the lake? We'd love to get a peep at that Scary Clown slide on the other side.

:hug:
Paul, Pastina and the kids

We would love to see you again too. :thumbsup2 We had such a blast at Storm Along Bay with you and the family! :banana: :banana: :banana: This year if you do wind up renting that Surrey cart, do you think you could take me and the gang for a trip around the lake? We'd love to get a peep at that Scary Clown slide on the other side.

:hug:
Paul, Pastina and the kids

Hello Paul, Pastina & Kids,

We did have a great time at Storm Along Bay! :banana::banana::banana: I hope the "skinny noodle cousins" we left with you, are behaving.
We would be glad to take you on a surrey cart, if we rent one again! Remember, we are the crazy family who wanted to see how many times we could pedal around in a half hour! You will have to hold on tight!!!!! I will keep my eyes closed if we go over to the Scary Clown slide!!!! I am too afraid to look at it!!!! :scared1:
Looking forward to seeing you all again!

Love,
BLTtinkerbell and family

It's been two weeks since weeks since we were at WDW. Told the DW that I was planning no more trips until she gave me the green light. Our son is getting married in June so everything was put on hold.

We were sitting here last night and she asked was there anyway we could swing going to WDW the week after the wedding so we could just get away. Y'all know me. Go book it and figure out later how to swing it. So after sitting at computer all day and looking at no discounts, historical discounts, different resorts, DVC options, dining availability....I went ahead and booked BC CL Standard for the week of 6/18. (Hey. Today is her birthday and who am I to deny her birthday wish).

So ticker is up again. I know. It's an addiction. Had to tell folks that understand :grouphug:.

How wonderful! :banana:

It is okay, though...because I just got DH to agree to go in December as well...and we haven't gone on our summer trip yet!

Good Morning Friends!!

Finished ironing and most of the packing yesterday. One more day at the wonderful BC (Sunday) and then off for our LONG planned eleven night Celebrity Equinox cruise on Monday.

Enjoy your cruise!

It's been two weeks since weeks since we were at WDW.

:thumbsup2

You guys are keeping me hopping!!! And I love it! Do you know we went through 6 pages yesterday?

And yet another reminder- when you get a chance, please check out the Be Our Guest list on page 1 to make sure I have your info listed correctly. If you need me to make any changes, post here. Thx!

This is posted in the room (about Trash and Towel service)

I added this info to page 1, BCV section. I am woefully in the dark about all things DVC.

I went ahead and booked BC CL Standard for the week of 6/18. (Hey. Today is her birthday and who am I to deny her birthday wish).

I happily added you to the list (what it your checkout date? June 25?)

Thank you for the welcome :). I would love to be added to your list. My dates are May 22, 2012 until May 30th 2012. There will be 5 of us ( 3 college kids and 2 parents ( me and my husband). Thanks again.:)

Done!

Yay, I'm so happy! We are staying at BCV June 22 - 24 before heading over to our home at BLT!

:welcome: back

I put you "on deck" for the noodles since we already have someone who has claimed them for your dates. Perhaps as we get closer to June, you can work out an amicable custody agreement.

My dates are 4/10 through 4/16 I would love to be added....;)

Done!

Did I already point you to some of the BC CL SV postings I made a few pages back?

Hi wannabee- I'll also be at Beach Club, June 1 - June 4, just me and my sister, two forty-something moms! :) Cool coincidence! Beach Club has been on my wishlist for a long time, but could never quite swing it with the family. My sis and I are treating ourselves to a long-awaited sisters' getaway. I can't wait!!

:welcome:

Added both of you to the Be Our Guest list.

Do the B&YC still do the photopass. We did the park photopass last time and the pictures were amazing. We had some samples dome outside the BC last year and would love to have more done this time round. Anyone done this? What are the prices and packages etc? TIA:)

Wow! There is always something new to learn. We spent 10 days at the Yacht Club two years ago and are planning to return this summer. I was just looking at the SAB map and spotted something interesting. Could someone tell me about the Whirling Waters and Bubbling Bay sections of SAB? I guess we never made it past the Sinking Sands. (Well, we tried the slide once, but it was not my favorite. Plus, I thought my feet bottoms would blister just walking over to it. That walkway gets hot!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter