• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2011/2012 Beach & Yacht FAQ, Part IV- DO NOT POST- see new 2012 thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a short trip, only 2 nights at WDW, just DH and myself. So I guess I really have to bite the bullet and decide what I want to do.

Mike, you hit it on the head. I'm afraid I will get there and say I wish I had gone to the YC! What a waste of money that would be!!!

As soon as I decide, I will let you know if you can add me to the February list!

Have a great day, everyone.

Hi Natebenma! and everyone else! :thumbsup2

The bad news is... I had to change my dates on an RCI/BCV exchange :headache:

The good news, I bought points protection insurance.

The other good news is I still got the BCV!!!

New dates: suemom2kay June 22-29 BCV

The other Bad News is the noodle family are otherwise occupied :( Unless I kidnap them!!!

Please Natebenma, if you could change the lists accordingly, I will be forever (or at least until tomorrow) in your debt.

Thanks!!!
Argh (frustration, not piratism)... Our new dates don't work with dear daughter's mandatory gymnastics camp! So, our new dates only work with VWL or SSR. So.... we're going to the World on June 8th at VWL. Trying to get excited, but we fell in love with BCV so much! Oh well, still will stop into see Teena. We are bringing a friend with us and don't want to pull the girls out of school. Oh well, I'm sure we'll have a great time!

We're going to Disney World, we're going to Disney World, we're going to Disney World!

Got back from my sort of solo trip to the World last night (stayed with friends at OKW) and back to cold reality......83 degrees when my friends dropped me off at the airport.....32 degrees when I landed in Pittsburgh! :eek: The weather was so nice and the sun felt so good!! Now I am sitting at my part-time job freezing with the space heater on!

OKW was nice, but we were on the go constantly, so we really didn't spend much time there. I missed the BC and being able to walk into EPCOT, but we did drop by there on Sunday so I could say Hi to Teena before our dinner reservations at Captain's Grille! :)

I really enjoyed the Captain's Grille and it will be a must-do for us on our next trip. My friends and I also ate dinner at Le Cellier....best steak ever! For those of you who are going to DHS during the holidays, I also recommend trying the Snowball from High Octane Refreshments....very yummy! (Kahlua, Bailey's, Amaretto, and half-and-half, over ice, topped with whipped cream and sprinkled with cinnamon nutmeg. Delish when you're enjoying the Osborne lights!

The Christmas decorations at BC/YC were all beautiful and I will try to post some of my pics in the next couple of days.

DS4 only wanted me to bring back a monorail and a Fozzie bear. I am happy to report that I found the last Fozzie bear in all of WDW in DTD on Tuesday night (Once Upon a Toy). I pull it out of the suitcase last night and he starts crying because Fozzie doesn't have his "fart shoes" on. So we have to find Fozzie some "fart shoes". Marlton Mom.....do you have any ideas?? :lmao:

My friends surprised me with a Segway tour at EPCOT yesterday morning .....it was so much fun!! I was a little apprehensive, since balance is something that I am not known for. :rolleyes1 But once you get used to the Segway, it is great. Definitely something that I want to do again! :thumbsup2

But the best news of all is that I booked a bounceback to BC for August 15th-21st (as of right now, the dates may be changing based on school and refurbs, but we're booked!!), so please add us to the August list! There wasn't an offer in the villa, but my friend called from the villa and asked about it, and I got 35% off room only!!! :cool1:

Cindy

I'm going to the YC for my first stay in January. I can't wait!

But I do have a question: is the pool heated? I know all of the resort pools are "heated," but when we stayed at POR in October, the water was freezing. On the other hand, we stayed at CS in early March, and the Mayan pool was awesome/warm/incredible.

Does anyone know what the winter temperature at SAB is like?

Thanks!!!

DS4 only wanted me to bring back a monorail and a Fozzie bear. I am happy to report that I found the last Fozzie bear in all of WDW in DTD on Tuesday night (Once Upon a Toy). I pull it out of the suitcase last night and he starts crying because Fozzie doesn't have his "fart shoes" on. So we have to find Fozzie some "fart shoes". Marlton Mom.....do you have any ideas?? :lmao:

Cindy

After checking with my Fart Consultants it was agreed that this 'problem' could be very easily rectified by the purchase of 2 whoopie cushion type devices which will more than likely be available on the net.

A simple rubber band will be more than helpful in attaching said 'whoopie cushions' to one Fozzy bear's feet.

This concludes all and any advice from said "Fart Consultants". Please keep in mind that said "Fart Consultants" bear no responsibility for any fall out from their suggestions.

~Marlton Mom

I just like that the word fart is on this thread...is that wierd? :rolleyes1

Those fart shoes arepretty awesome!

After checking with my Fart Consultants it was agreed that this 'problem' could be very easily rectified by the purchase of 2 whoopie cushion type devices which will more than likely be available on the net.

A simple rubber band will be more than helpful in attaching said 'whoopie cushions' to one Fozzy bear's feet.

This concludes all and any advice from said "Fart Consultants". Please keep in mind that said "Fart Consultants" bear no responsibility for any fall out from their suggestions.

~Marlton Mom

Thank you Marlton Mom---I knew you'd be able to point me in the right direction! Thank your "Fart Consultants" for me! You are a limitless source of information! :lmao:

Cindy

Teena, it looks like you might be enjoying that baby JUST a LITTLE bit!!!

Love that picture!!!

Nanny and Lilly with her Mom's hair by Lilly Peanut, on Flickr

Wigs are making a comeback and it's never too early to be stylish. Lilly is modeling Mom hair # 105, a style that's short and sassy and made for a toddler to be on the GO! This easy care style works for those play dates in daycare and it's easy to fix up after a long, drooling nap!

~MM

Nanny and Lilly with her Mom's hair by Lilly Peanut, on Flickr

Wigs are making a comeback and it's never too early to be stylish. Lilly is modeling Mom hair # 105, a style that's short and sassy and made for a toddler to be on the GO! This easy care style works for those play dates in daycare and it's easy to fix up after a long, drooling nap!

~MM

Oh MM, that is so wrong! :sad2:

Teena - such a cutie, even with MM's graffiti.

I'm sitting here with Jeanne and Lily and Jeanne just totally lost it when seeing MM's picture of Lily. Thanks!!!! Jeanne needed that laugh!

Having a very very busy time. After a full day at school, Jeanne had a D&C done in the doctor's office after school. Won't know for sure until we get the biopsy results but doctor didn't think it looked good. She's handling it well ... afterall she has Lily!!

Another day at school tomorrow and we may go to take Lily to see Santa tomorrow night. Then home Saturday and back to the BC Sunday and Monday.

I'm sitting here with Jeanne and Lily and Jeanne just totally lost it when seeing MM's picture of Lily. Thanks!!!! Jeanne needed that laugh!

Good Luck and I hope everything works out ok! :hug:

Another day at school tomorrow and we may go to take Lily to see Santa tomorrow night.

Be sure and take the wig! Lily might meet an eligible Toddler bachelor and they like their women with hair and teeth.

~MM

So I just introduced this board to my best friend here in SC. She just shook her heard because she did not think there were people out there crazy like me about Disney.

Teena I am glad your enjoying your visit and I will say a little prayer tonight, see you Monday!:cool1:

MM, cute wig! You are so crazy!

Had a great day with best friend shopping and Sushi in Columbia, SC
We leave SC in the morning for Florida. Weekend with dad and then BCV on Monday!!!!:cool1::cool1::cool1:

:welcome: to the new posters to this thread and other returning guests who have booked return trips!

Trying to get Page 1 updated before MickeyT takes off for his trip, so please check page 1 to make sure you are listed with the correct dates and info.

Pages 13-23

I'm so excited to say I just booked a short girls trip, a split stay between BCV & Poly!

What are the dates of your stay?

Checking in!! BC is our 1.5th (just a .5 behind the Poly) favorite resort, and we're excited to be headed back in May!! We've been at the Poly (with a split at WL) on our last two trips, but the kids are demanding their SAB. ;) We're thinking of an AKL/BC split this time. So excited to be back on this thread. :)

Good to have you back. Let us know your dates and we will add you to the Be Our Guest List

Hi everyone!:flower3:

I've been lurking on this thread for a few days now and figured it was about time to post and introduce myself.

My name is Lori, and my BFF (who is also lurking...she may be reading this right now...)and I have just booked a girls trip to WDW next October. We rented DVC points and will be staying in a studio at BCV for twelve nights. We are both super excited to stay at the Beach Club...it is going to be a long wait...I am hoping time flies.

This is going to be my first visit to the World (although I have been to Disneyland several times), but my BFF actually was a cast member at the Canadian pavillion in Epcot about ten years ago, so she is going 'home'.

Anyway, I just wanted to say that I enjoy this thread. You all seem like a friendly bunch and I look forward to lurking (and posting) here over the next eleven months.

Sounds like a great trip, and I'm glad that our ZombieDoofus is no longer lurking and is out in the open now!

What are your dates in October?

Hello all! :cool1:

I just booked a Garden View room at BC yesterday for the 2nd half of our upcoming trip. We have only been to the World one time, in July of this year, and we stayed at POR. We are planning an 2 week trip this time. We will be at POR the first week, and then we are moving over to BC!!! I am so excited because everyone says how beautiful this resort is, and I'm keeping our "resort change" a surprise for the kids. :woohoo:

Any suggestions you have for restaurants, etc. nearby would be greatly appreciated...I'm in the process of planning the 2nd leg with this change. :)
We are on the DDP.

Edit from later post: In case I forgot to mention, we will be there from June 3-9. We are staying at POR from May 28-3, and then moving over for the second half of our trip.

Thanks for clarifying your dates!

Hello everyone,
We just got home last night from our 9 nights at the Beach Club. I haven't gone back and read any posts yet, just wanted to stop in and say hi.

we booked a bounce back, so we will be back at the Beach Club same time next year:woohoo:,.

Laurie

Cool! So when are you back at the BC? Early December?

I can now be officially added to the list! March 18-24th. (We may add a day if flights are cheaper.)

Got it! Thanks!

So Jaceraden,

Glad you had an awesome trip. BC CL Lagoon view for us in January. We had our doubts about whether or not to choose BCV, but for a 4 night trip, we are keeping BC CL.

When do you check in?

Hi alll....we will be staying at the Villas for the first time in the summer.

:cool1: What are your dates?

Enjoy your cuddles with Lily! Safe travels

We changed our dates couldn't get off my original dates, so now we are booked April 19th - 26th...then to GF and we saved $$$ :lovestruc

Got it!!!

BC, GV (2 rooms)??

Mike- I have them going to GF, not CR after the trip.

Argh (frustration, not piratism)... Our new dates don't work with dear daughter's mandatory gymnastics camp! So, our new dates only work with VWL or SSR. So.... we're going to the World on June 8th at VWL. Trying to get excited, but we fell in love with BCV so much! Oh well, still will stop into see Teena. We are bringing a friend with us and don't want to pull the girls out of school. Oh well, I'm sure we'll have a great time!

We're going to Disney World, we're going to Disney World, we're going to Disney World!

:sad2: Sorry that your dates conflict with a stay at BCV. Keeping you on the list, though... Hope you still stick around with us!

But the best news of all is that I booked a bounceback to BC for August 15th-21st (as of right now, the dates may be changing based on school and refurbs, but we're booked!!), so please add us to the August list! There wasn't an offer in the villa, but my friend called from the villa and asked about it, and I got 35% off room only!!! :cool1:

Cindy

Woo-hoo!!!

Thanks!!!

Are you running the marathon? What are your dates?

WHEW!!!

But I do have a question: is the pool heated? I know all of the resort pools are "heated," but when we stayed at POR in October, the water was freezing. On the other hand, we stayed at CS in early March, and the Mayan pool was awesome/warm/incredible.

Does anyone know what the winter temperature at SAB is like?

Thanks!!!

Don't know what temp the pool is kept. Could someone going soon (Heather?) ask the lifeguards about the winter temp?

SAB question...:beach:

At what age are kids allowed at SAB without parents? Can our 14 year olds go without us as long as they have their KTTW cards?

I'm not sure that there is an official age restriction. I'm guessing if it is ok with you, then it will be fine with the CMs/Lifeguards. They could always say their parents are already in there.

:welcome: to the new posters to this thread and other returning guests who have booked return trips!

Trying to get Page 1 updated before MickeyT takes off for his trip, so please check page 1 to make sure you are listed with the correct dates and info.

Pages 13-23

What are the dates of your stay?

Are?

WHEW!!!

I will be there from March 4-6, 2012 - 87 days (I check my countdown on the Disneyworld site every day!

Having a very very busy time. After a full day at school, Jeanne had a D&C done in the doctor's office after school. Won't know for sure until we get the biopsy results but doctor didn't think it looked good. She's handling it well ... afterall she has Lily!!

Another day at school tomorrow and we may go to take Lily to see Santa tomorrow night. Then home Saturday and back to the BC Sunday and Monday.

I am sending positive thoughts your way. I pray that all is well with Jeanne. Can't wait to see Lily with Santa!

This is a short trip, only 2 nights at WDW, just DH and myself. So I guess I really have to bite the bullet and decide what I want to do.

Mike, you hit it on the head. I'm afraid I will get there and say I wish I had gone to the YC! What a waste of money that would be!!!

As soon as I decide, I will let you know if you can add me to the February list!

Have a great day, everyone.

I was curious if you have decided yet?!:)

For an update to our vacation dates:

Avery&Todd: June 8-14

Thanks for keeping everyone straight!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter