2010 Free Dining FAQ and Questions Thread

I didn't even know about free dining until now - THANK YOU! Now if I can just save up enough to take the fam there in the first place!

Called yesterday, no code. Called today, there was a pin attached to my name for free dining. He couldn't give me info as to when I could use it but he tried the first week of July and stated it worked. Right now its only available at Animal Kingdom Lodge, Beach Club, Wilderness Lodge and Saratoga Springs. I am not trilled about Saratoga as that I don't want anyone sleeping on a pull out couch in the studio. I really wanted to stay at Coronado, I'll try another CR and see whats available. For 6 nights with tickets (park hopper/water inc) AK is $4300., Saratoga Springs $3800 and Wilderness Lodge $4000.

We just booked our trip for Oct through AAA, and were told by the travel agent that they have heard rumors that the dining plan will be extended through the end of the year. Can't guarantee it obviously but it sounded likely

I hope you know that if FD becomes availabe you will have to choose AAA discount or FD. You can't use both.

Ok if free dinning comes back for the end of the year:goodvibes:goodvibes and they offer the SDDP for mods can you down grade to the QSDP? We really wanted to try the QSDP this time

Thanks

Ok if free dinning comes back for the end of the year:goodvibes:goodvibes and they offer the SDDP for mods can you down grade to the QSDP? We really wanted to try the QSDP this time

Thanks
No, you have not been able to downgrade the fd in the past.

I called yesterday and had no pin codes attached. My best friend called me today to say that she got a free dining pin code via email but I didn't get anything. I've never, ever gotten a pin code through email. I always just get them via brochure in the mail. I wonder why that is??I also checked through my Disney Visa online at special offers, etc....and I didn't have anything new.

Right now I am looking at a week in mid August with the kids play & stay free but I think the free dining would be better based on the dates my best friend got.

Is it possible that I might not get one? What makes some people get one and not others?

This may be a stupid question, asked time and time again, but I am going to ask anyway LOL...

Is FD still offered at the end of August? I have been seeing people talk about December FD but was wondering if they still offer it in August. Any information (speculative or otherwise) would be helpful. Thanks bunches!! :wizard:

This may be a stupid question, asked time and time again, but I am going to ask anyway LOL...

Is FD still offered at the end of August? I have been seeing people talk about December FD but was wondering if they still offer it in August. Any information (speculative or otherwise) would be helpful. Thanks bunches!! :wizard:
The 2011 August Free Dining offer was actually announced last fall and had to be booked by December 20, 2010.

Everyone is waiting to see if they do a second offer for August 2011. Specuation is that that next general public free dining offer will be for August 13 - October 1 dates and will be released in the next few weeks.. Some are speculating that they might also release October - December fd dates then too. Guess we will all have to wait and see . . . .

Is FD still offered at the end of August? I have been seeing people talk about December FD but was wondering if they still offer it in August. Any information (speculative or otherwise) would be helpful. Thanks bunches!!

Yes, FD is being offered starting 8/14. I just got a card in the mail (forwarded from an old address)....very frustrating for me because I've been waiting for an offer for 4 years and when I finally decide to go ahead and make a booking, I get an offer after the fact (I'm already going spring break)...trip is paid and I can't change.

Oh well, I guess this means I will have to try and go in August as well :)

What restaurants are not part of free dining? In other words is there a list of restaurants that are part of the dining plan and some maybe that are exempt?

What restaurants are not part of free dining? In other words is there a list of restaurants that are part of the dining plan and some maybe that are exempt?
There's a list under the Dining section of WDW.com. But really, the DDP covers almost everything on property - all restaurants in the park and at the resorts (except Victoria & Alberts at GF) and most of the restaurants at DTD. Off the top of my head, the only exclusions that immediately jump to mind are Fulton's Crab House, both Rain Forest Cafes, T-Rex and Blue Zoo. Everything else aren't Disney related.

There's a list under the Dining section of WDW.com. But really, the DDP covers almost everything on property - all restaurants in the park and at the resorts (except Victoria & Alberts at GF) and most of the restaurants at DTD. Off the top of my head, the only exclusions that immediately jump to mind are Fulton's Crab House, both Rain Forest Cafes, T-Rex and Blue Zoo. Everything else aren't Disney related.

I did just find it. Thanks for your help! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!