2010 Free Dining FAQ and Questions Thread

I just read on one of my yahoo groups that free dining is extended until 12/21, :cool1: if anyone hears of discounts on the rooms good until then let me know please....

Thanks Disneyscrappinjan! Its only because I saw your post that I checked today for free dining!!! You are my hero of the day!!!:worship:

Thanks Disneyscrappinjan! Its only because I saw your post that I checked today for free dining!!! You are my hero of the day!!!:worship:

It is a Code or just an offer? I haven't gotten anything yet.

We are going Dec 8-13, staying at a Value.

Thanks for any info!

It is a Code or just an offer? I haven't gotten anything yet.

We are going Dec 8-13, staying at a Value.

Thanks for any info!

Never mind. Just did the online chat with a cast member who says we must check in on a valid date to use FD. : ( Dec 8 is during a blackout period.

Never mind. Just did the online chat with a cast member who says we must check in on a valid date to use FD. : ( Dec 8 is during a blackout period.

Not sure how set in stone your dates are but Dec 10th starts another time for free dining. If you shift by 2 days you would be able to get free dining.

Changed over to free dining today. Saved our grandgathering of 12 ***$3272.73.
Christmas has came early in ALabama!!!

From MouseMisers:

Travel Dates: October 3 – December 21, 2010

Walt Disney World has extended the existing Free Disney Dining offer to cover dates through Decemeber 21, 2010. There are many black out periods that the discount does not cover.

New Available Travel Dates:

Aug. 15 – Oct. 7, 2010
Oct. 22 – Oct. 28, 2010
Nov. 12 – Nov. 18, 2010
Nov. 27 – Dec. 2, 2010
Dec. 10 – Dec. 21, 2010

Please note that in order to qualify for the free dining offer, your must check in during one of the available dates above. Your stay can extend into a black out period, you will still receive the free dining for your entire stay.

Guests staying at a Disney World value resort will receive the Quick Service Dining Plan for free. Guests will be able to upgrade to either the Disney Dining plan or the Deluxe Disney Dining plan by paying the price difference. To upgrade to the Disney Dining Plan, the increased cost will be $10 per adult and $2 per child per night of your stay. To upgrade to the Disney Deluxe Dining plan, guests will pay $40 per adult and $11 per child per night of your stay.

Guests staying at a Disney World Moderate, Deluxe or Disney Villa resort will receive the Disney Dining Plan included for free. Disney World guests at moderate, deluxe and villa resorts will also be able to book the “Free Dining”, and upgrade to the Disney Deluxe Dining for the normal price difference, which is $30 for adults and $9 for children three to nine. The Wine and Dine option is also available at full price to add onto either the Basic or Deluxe dining plans.

Availability is extremely limited, and must be booked by August 14, 2010. It appears that all suites have been excluded from this offer, with the exception of the family suites at All-Star Music, which is included. All Disney resorts, including value resorts are included in the offer.

To book this special Disney World “Free Dining” vacation package, please contact our great sponsor Mouseketrips, and ask for the appropriate code:

NF3 – Magic Your Way Quick Service Dining Plan (Value resorts only)
TF5 – Magic Your Way Disney Dining Plan (Value resorts only)
WG7 – Magic Your Way Disney Dining Plan (moderate, deluxe and villa resorts only)

I just switched from the monster pin to the free dining and saved an extra $2oo. Not as much as some but I kept my deluxe dining.:banana::banana:

We added two extra days to our trip to get FREE DINING....and it is still cheaper! Happy Thanksgiving trip to us! Nov. 18-27th

I have a reservation made with out any of the promotions available now (Free Dining, kids play and stay free, 30% off summer rooms only offer ). yes, mine is a last minute travel plan, but I had to book one room for a family of three from Aug 17 to 23rd (6 nights) in All movies resort with out any of the promotions because all other rooms with promotions were already sold out. Any help or suggestions? Can anyone else see rooms available during those dates? Any value resort would do good but am disappointed because any one promotional code applied to my booking would save a lot of money!

I'm practically giddy! I just added 2 nights to my trip and saved $412.58, taking advantage of the very last day of the newly extended free dining promotion. :dance3: :santa:

Does anyone remember if the blackout dates have ever changed after the promotion came out? Last year free dining was available while we were there in early Nov, this year it's blacked out. Think there's any chance the Disney Visa plan will have different specs? Or that Disney will add days to the free dining?
Thanks!

I'm looking to book Free Dining for in Oct.

I was wondering if anyone knows if you are able to cancel someone off of the Free Dining package if it's after the 45 period and you've paid in full?

Are you also able to add someone onto the package if it's after Aug 14 but before the 45 day period where you have to pay in full?

Thanks

Can anyone help? I am looking for free dining for 12/13-12/18, was thinking moderate (POFQ?) but when I pull up the dates at WDW, it isn't showing me an option for free dining? How do I get it added?

So I get home from work today and noticed that I had the FD email, but it was sent to a totally different email address than what the CM said it would go to. LOL

Just when you think things are one way, something else happens.

For those still waiting, don't give up hope. It just might happen when you least expect it.

YIPEE!! :banana::cool1::dance3::cheer2: We got the Free Dining Pin and are staying at POR Dec. 4th - 13th. This saved our party of 5 $1620!!!

I am on :cloud9:

Trish

It's on the front page. Don't put in any dates.

Below the dates there are 4 boxes:

FREE Vacation planning DVD
FREE Disney Dining Plan
Summer Offers
FREE Customized Maps

Is that on the first screen? I put in my dates and it offers a check box for dining plan, but no notes on free dining? Do I need to go further in?

Just fyi: when I was trying to book ressies @ CBR online it didn't show the FD, even when using the link on the ressie page. When I called the ressie hotline though, they had plenty of rooms available, so I booked over the phone! Can't wait!:cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter