2010 Free Dining FAQ and Questions Thread

Well I never heard anything from the TA last night. Their office just opened up for the morning, so I'll give her an hour or so and then call again. We're booked at Pop on our original package, and it looks like rooms there are still available when I go through the booking process on Disney's site.

I did the math and it will save us a lot more to get the FD than the room discount, probably just because we're staying at a value.

This is the last time I ever book a Disney vacation through AAA. It's just too stressful having no control. :scared1:

Well I never heard anything from the TA last night. Their office just opened up for the morning, so I'll give her an hour or so and then call again. We're booked at Pop on our original package, and it looks like rooms there are still available when I go through the booking process on Disney's site.

I did the math and it will save us a lot more to get the FD than the room discount, probably just because we're staying at a value.

This is the last time I ever book a Disney vacation through AAA. It's just too stressful having no control. :scared1:
So, have you heard anything yet? I hope your TA is throwing in some luggage tags or something extra for you.

Yes, at a Value you'll save more $ using FD.

So, have you heard anything yet? I hope your TA is throwing in some luggage tags or something extra for you.

Yes, at a Value you'll save more $ using FD.

Still no response! I told a friend at work that I'm building my case against AAA for emotional distress!! :rotfl2:

Well at least I can laugh about it now. I'm going to give up for a while, maybe then I'll hear back?

Still no response! I told a friend at work that I'm building my case against AAA for emotional distress!! :rotfl2:

Well at least I can laugh about it now. I'm going to give up for a while, maybe then I'll hear back?

I must admit. You have way more patience than I do. I would be canceling my trip with the TA and booking on my own. I can't imagine the difficult time you will have if you need to book ADRs. That is just crazy!

Your much nicer than me my fist trip I did a TA (didn't know better) with AAA and a room discount came up I was having fits... couldn't reacher then when I did she said was wrong she didn't know anything about it... I then explained that I got an email from TGM says so... I eventurally called a supervisor they then gave me a new rep. What a mess never again....
Keep us posted and good luck to you :surfweb:

I think I would cancel it through them and rebook. That is just insane. I hope that it all works out at the end.....throwing a little pixiedust: your way!

I am sorry you have had to go through this with your AAA agent. I'm curious - is this one in your local office or did you link up with them through a AAA Disney ad? I've had great luck with mine, but she is in another state and was assigned to me when I responded to an AAA ad just for Disney.

I got it! I'm going to be on the AAA blacklist for a while, but she finally got back to me and said that all the changes were made and gave me my new price. I double checked the price to make sure it was right and it is. I'm too scared to ask for a new itinerary showing the changes. As a Type A personality, this has been extremely stressful. For now, I'll go with the flow until my trip packet comes in! :thumbsup2

I must admit. You have way more patience than I do. I would be canceling my trip with the TA and booking on my own. I can't imagine the difficult time you will have if you need to book ADRs. That is just crazy!

I was smart enough to book my own ADRs at the 180 day mark. That went very smoothly!

Your much nicer than me my fist trip I did a TA (didn't know better) with AAA and a room discount came up I was having fits... couldn't reacher then when I did she said was wrong she didn't know anything about it... I then explained that I got an email from TGM says so... I eventurally called a supervisor they then gave me a new rep. What a mess never again....
Keep us posted and good luck to you :surfweb:

Thanks you very much!

I think I would cancel it through them and rebook. That is just insane. I hope that it all works out at the end.....throwing a little pixiedust: your way!

Thank you! It worked!!

I am sorry you have had to go through this with your AAA agent. I'm curious - is this one in your local office or did you link up with them through a AAA Disney ad? I've had great luck with mine, but she is in another state and was assigned to me when I responded to an AAA ad just for Disney.

This was my local AAA office. I have learned my lesson, never again!!

do you think they will offer quick dining plan in november as we are coming down then and it would be a huge savings with a 18 yr old.

do you think they will offer quick dining plan in november as we are coming down then and it would be a huge savings with a 18 yr old.
Most people are saying they won't have a second FD promo again this year. I tend to agree. But, who know? We all just have to wait until the end of the summer to see what's released for the rest of the year.

Why does the beginning of this thread and Mousesavers say only a 3 night stay is required for free dining when the Disney site says it must be a 5 night stay. It isn't just an example of the savings on a 5 night stay. It specifically states that you have to purchase a 5 night/ 6 day package for free dining. At least that is how I read it.

http://bookwdw.reservations.disney....mo&promotionCode=fy10q4dine&market=fy10q4dine

I originally read it that way too, but if you click on Check Availability, it will let you enter fewer or more nights than 5. My trip is only for 4 nights, and I was able to book the free dining.

Why does the beginning of this thread and Mousesavers say only a 3 night stay is required for free dining when the Disney site says it must be a 5 night stay. It isn't just an example of the savings on a 5 night stay. It specifically states that you have to purchase a 5 night/ 6 day package for free dining. At least that is how I read it.

http://bookwdw.reservations.disney....mo&promotionCode=fy10q4dine&market=fy10q4dine
Disney almost always uses 5/6 night examples in their advertising, but it is just that, for advertising purposes. Free Dining, and most other promos, are for 3 night mimimums and 14 day maximums.

Question for you... On the first page of this sticky it says 3 night min, but online I was playing with some dates and options and it would only let me book at a 4 night min. :confused3 Any ideas???

Okay, stupid question...do the free dining credits correspond with the number of days stay at the resort, or how many parks ticket days purchased? Do I get 5 days dining with 5 night stay and 2 day passes, or only 2 days free dining? Does that make sense?

Okay, stupid question...do the free dining credits correspond with the number of days stay at the resort, or how many parks ticket days purchased? Do I get 5 days dining with 5 night stay and 2 day passes, or only 2 days free dining? Does that make sense?
Dining credits correspond with the number of nights you are at your resort.

Question for you... On the first page of this sticky it says 3 night min, but online I was playing with some dates and options and it would only let me book at a 4 night min. :confused3 Any ideas???

Exactly what dates were you playing around with?

Is there any way to get the FD offer to be reflected in the price before going through the personal info, CC#, etc. booking section?

Is there any way to get the FD offer to be reflected in the price before going through the personal info, CC#, etc. booking section?

Just click on the free dining promo link on the bottom of the Disney World home page and fill out your dates and guest information. It should give you the price quote, and let you know if the resort you want is available for the dates you are going.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!