2010 Free Dining FAQ and Questions Thread

This year I rented points through my brother so my questions are:

would I be eligible for FD
and
could I make the request or does my brother have to do it
I have my Reservation #.

They haven't released FD for my dates YET but I am hopeful.

This year I rented points through my brother so my questions are:

would I be eligible for FD
and
could I make the request or does my brother have to do it
I have my Reservation #.

They haven't released FD for my dates YET but I am hopeful.
No, you do not qualify for free dining when renting points from a DVC property.

FYI - I got a pin at 8:05 this evening (I was at work and just got it) from FD AFTER 10/3.

"For stays most nights 10/3/10–11/23/10 and 11/28/10–12/24/10."

I may make the switch for the cooler temps. :)

enchantingodin,

What were the specifics of the FD? Was it QS at Values and DD at moderates and deluxes?

Did you do anything special to your account to get the FD PIN? Like the Itinerary trick or save a trip or somthing like that? I would really like the Free Dinning Pin too!! And it would cover our dates! 11/30-12/11:goodvibes

Thanks for any info or ideas!

Here's a screen cap:

PIN.png

Thing is - you have to book by 5/24. AND it doesn't tell you if there is a minum 2 day ticket like with the current public offer.

There is another thread discussing this PIN, turns out different people got TOTALLY different things. So my guess is that this is their "testing the water" so to speak to see which discount gets the best response. So it may become public for late fall/early winter like last year. Only time will tell.

Here's a screen cap:

PIN.png

Thing is - you have to book by 5/24. AND it doesn't tell you if there is a minum 2 day ticket like with the current public offer.

There is another thread discussing this PIN, turns out different people got TOTALLY different things. So my guess is that this is their "testing the water" so to speak to see which discount gets the best response. So it may become public for late fall/early winter like last year. Only time will tell.

That's great news. While we're already booked for August and can't change our plans because of school, it'd be great to see another offer come out that might siphon off some of the crowds during our planned trip!!:thumbsup2

We have reservations at CBR 10/15-10/24. I called yesterday to see if they had a pin for me, and I was told no. I had a wonderful surprised when I checked emails when I got home from work today. They sent me a new invoice that included FD!!!:jumping1: We were actually thinking of changing to Pop to save some money, but it looks like we will be staying at CBR. My wife and I are so excited. We haven't stayed there since 1992, before we were married. (My entire family's vacation. Brothers and parents in one room. Fiances and cousin in adjoining room.) My daughters have never stayed there. Trying to keep the trip a secret from them, but when I showed my wife the email, she let out a big WOO HOO!!:cool1:

FYI....

For all of us (yes, me included;)) who were freaking out:scared1: about resort availability with the free dining plan promotion, here it is three weeks after it was first announced and there is still room availability with free dining for my time period (August 20th to Sept 3rd) at all resorts! I have been checking each day since I first booked which was in the first hours of it being announced just like most people on DIS.

Yes, I am a little nuts but I just thought I would keep my eye on the situation just in case they offer free dining again next year:woohoo:. Maybe this will help me and other DISers to relax a little next year.:rotfl2:;):rotfl2:;)

Just got this one:

Save 40%
for stays most nights during these select weeks
9/1–10/9/10 • 10/24–10/30/10 • 11/14–11/20/10
11/28–12/4/10 • 12/12–12/18/10
at any of the following Resort categories:
Disney Value Resorts
Disney Moderate Resorts
Disney Deluxe Resorts
Disney Deluxe Villa Resorts
The Cabins at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort

Unfortunately, we will be there 128-13. Still hoping though! I do have a 20% PIN (Value)

Just got this one:

Save 40%
Disney Value Resorts
Disney Moderate Resorts
Disney Deluxe Resorts

Unfortunately, we will be there 128-13. Still hoping though! I do have a 20% PIN (Value)
Was this an email offer? I am looking for an offer for Poly week of 11/15.:p

We are dying for a pin code offer. FD would be our choice, but anything would be good. Havent booked yet but are planning to in the next week or so for dec 6-15. We are just going to book and apply any discount we might get later on.

I have gotten 3 or 4 offers via email since last August. Now that I want one I probably won't receive one! Hoping to stay at Poly for 25th anniversary. Hubby is not big on Disney but loved the Poly.

Just got this one:

Save 40%
Disney Value Resorts
Disney Moderate Resorts
Disney Deluxe Resorts

I just got this one too! :woohoo: Do you know if the Free DP can be combined with this offer or should I call?

do they send these pin's every year? We are planning a trip in Sept/Oct 2011, combining 3 nights @ WDW & a 4-night cruise. Wondering if I will be getting a pin next year around this time!! That would be awesome!!! :banana::banana:

do they send these pin's every year? We are planning a trip in Sept/Oct 2011, combining 3 nights @ WDW & a 4-night cruise. Wondering if I will be getting a pin next year around this time!! That would be awesome!!! :banana::banana:
There's no rhyme or reason to pin codes.

I'm a member on every Disney website there is, we go every year, I've tried all the "tricks" to get pins and we have NEVER gotten an pin code.

Well thats exciting. We are leaving Oct. 7th and Hope we get a pin. Have to get the DW to check her email when she gets home from work. Fingers Crossed.

Last year I got a pin for a free upgrade of resorts during FD. Too many bookings at Values I'm guessing... Not that I am in anyway expecting to get another, since my dates still available. Just trying to keep an eye out. Anyone remember when that came out?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter