• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2010 Free Dining Discussion-Free Dining released for everyone (see 1st post)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I'm sooo glad it all worked out for everyone. Whatever will I do with my days now that I'm not following the min by min comments to see if any new rumours surface. I'm happy now... saved $1600, even with upgrading to reg dining. Hope everybody has a wonderful trip now that all the worries are over :goodvibes

I'm also hoping for an extension like last year for our December trip! We have 6 nights booked at POFQ and are very excited, but could really use the discount! I didn't order the DD because we wanted our kids to have more choices than just the kids meal, but it would save us over $600 to have FD, so they kids can do a week of nuggets and then we could get in a couple more restaurants that we liked. I hope of they do this, the announcement will come after my ADRs are made!
Jessica

I was going to open a new thread about this, but I think people following this thread might be interested in it.

I, like almost everybody else following this thread, have had Free Dining Paranoia for most of the last six weeks. It's infiltrated my thought processes, toyed with my emotions, made me paranoid, cynical, frustrated, and then at times hopeful, confident, and now...finally....content and happy!

Many, if not most, of us were on the phone last Thursday or yesterday morning first thing doing what we needed to do to get our ressies and end the madness!:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Soooo.....yesterday afternoon, I was teaching a series of classes to large groups of adults in a school setting-teachers, aids, administrators. I had two separate sessions with over 100 people in each session, and right after a break, I decided to do a little experiment. I simply asked these large groups of people if there was anybody in the room who knew what the phrase "free dining" might mean as it relates to Disney World.

The response surprised me.....literally NOT A SOUL had any idea what I was talking about. Think about that. These are people who, by most standards, would be right in Disney's target audience: folks with enough money to pay for a trip, many with young kids, and almost all of them with time at the end of August to book a trip from the 15th-22nd. And NOT ONE had heard anything.

I wonder what this tells us; I think it means that our limited group of people here on the Dis have less to worry about than perhaps we think we do when promos are released. And after all, we're reading about VERY FEW people who aren't getting exactly what they wanted!

And by the way Disney, if you see a sudden influx of reservations coming out of Liverpool, NY in the next week or so, feel free to just credit my remaining balance instead of sending my commission check!!:laughing::laughing:

I've moved from one obsession to another! Now that I have my FD, I am obsessively checking airline prices!!! We don't have our plane tickets yet. We're moving at the end of this month so we have a lot of extra moving expenses. It's better for us financially if we wait until after the move to buy our tickets.

Last year we went to WDW in September and bought our tickets near the end of July and the prices were roughly the same as what we'd pay now if we were to buy our tickets today. So I'm not too too worried about the prices jumping up drastically... I'm just worried we won't be able to get flights at the times we want! But as long as we're able to get to WDW I'll be fine!

Related to FD, my mom said she saw a commercial on tv yesterday for the FD offer! Anyone else seen it yet? I haven't seen one on tv, but I've seen quite a few internet ads for FD!

Hello Everyone.

My first post here....just joined minutes ago.

I had to say Thanks ... I been looking all over for at least a month for Free Dining....had almost given up. 3 weeks ago or so I found Dis boards. I been following... That's How I knew to get up at (OREGON) 3:20 am this morning.

Start hitting redial at 3:56 AM ~ after about 4 redials straight in ...NO Wait.
It was so quick I thought now what.....took me a hour an half to get back to sleep. so I made reservations.....

Taking 2 grands (their 1st trip to WDW) 11 boy & 4 yr old princess. 8 nights @ POP (they will LOVE POP)

So I booked Mickey BBQ - Cinderella Royal Table, Donald Safari Breakfast, Hollywood Vine Character Breakfast, Crystal Palace Winne Pooh & Friends & 1900 Park Fare. Amazing we can do all this...with the upgrade. Still checking O Hana (full)

THANKS AGAIN
JOY

:)

Congrats and :welcome: to Dis...That is great your granjids must be SUPER excited!!

I was going to open a new thread about this, but I think people following this thread might be interested in it.

I, like almost everybody else following this thread, have had Free Dining Paranoia for most of the last six weeks. It's infiltrated my thought processes, toyed with my emotions, made me paranoid, cynical, frustrated, and then at times hopeful, confident, and now...finally....content and happy!

Many, if not most, of us were on the phone last Thursday or yesterday morning first thing doing what we needed to do to get our ressies and end the madness!:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Soooo.....yesterday afternoon, I was teaching a series of classes to large groups of adults in a school setting-teachers, aids, administrators. I had two separate sessions with over 100 people in each session, and right after a break, I decided to do a little experiment. I simply asked these large groups of people if there was anybody in the room who knew what the phrase "free dining" might mean as it relates to Disney World.

The response surprised me.....literally NOT A SOUL had any idea what I was talking about. Think about that. These are people who, by most standards, would be right in Disney's target audience: folks with enough money to pay for a trip, many with young kids, and almost all of them with time at the end of August to book a trip from the 15th-22nd. And NOT ONE had heard anything.

I wonder what this tells us; I think it means that our limited group of people here on the Dis have less to worry about than perhaps we think we do when promos are released. And after all, we're reading about VERY FEW people who aren't getting exactly what they wanted!

And by the way Disney, if you see a sudden influx of reservations coming out of Liverpool, NY in the next week or so, feel free to just credit my remaining balance instead of sending my commission check!!:laughing::laughing:

I wonder if they never heard about it due to they work in the school system and they don't take vacations during school time. Having said that they had the ones for the summer with Kids free(if they have kids). No one around me has ever heard of "free dining" either...It is the best kept secret:rotfl: of course I saw the ad last night on tv so probably not anymore:(.

OT I was just talking to a friend that went there last week and she said it was dead and she goes every year at the same time. She said other than the BIG rides(SM, SM, etc) there was pretty much no waits(maybe 15mins). The longest wait was at Peter Pan and it was for 40mins...compared to last year they were running around getting FP's for all the rides. Disney is definately feeling the pinch...she also went to Sea World and they said that was dead too. Here's hope for when we go in September. Now I am off to watch for Oct ddeals for a friend.:rotfl:

I've moved from one obsession to another! Now that I have my FD, I am obsessively checking airline prices!!! We don't have our plane tickets yet. We're moving at the end of this month so we have a lot of extra moving expenses. It's better for us financially if we wait until after the move to buy our tickets.

Last year we went to WDW in September and bought our tickets near the end of July and the prices were roughly the same as what we'd pay now if we were to buy our tickets today. So I'm not too too worried about the prices jumping up drastically... I'm just worried we won't be able to get flights at the times we want! But as long as we're able to get to WDW I'll be fine!

Related to FD, my mom said she saw a commercial on tv yesterday for the FD offer! Anyone else seen it yet? I haven't seen one on tv, but I've seen quite a few internet ads for FD!

I'm doing exactly the same thing. We live in NC so the drive wouldn't be that bad, but I check every day to see if the flights have gone down any. Good luck to you!

I'm doing exactly the same thing. We live in NC so the drive wouldn't be that bad, but I check every day to see if the flights have gone down any. Good luck to you!

I'm also in NC! I see you're in Raleigh! I'm in Cary! Yeah... the drive isn't that bad, but still... that's a day you're spending driving and not at WDW!

If you use Orbitz.com and purchase airline tickets, if anyone else purchases the same itinerary for a cheaper price they will refund the difference within 6 weeks after your trip.

Question.....
Now that I have free dining with a confirmed package, how do I go about getting a refund for the Hoop Dee Doo and Spirit of Aloha Show which I booked (and had to pay in advance for) back in February when the 180 day window first opened up? Anybody know?:confused3

I too check air line tickets everyday. lol So far only one airlne has gone buy, Virgin America. I was hoping to try them but they went up by $280 :(. Oh well there are other airlines.

Question.....
Now that I have free dining with a confirmed package, how do I go about getting a refund for the Hoop Dee Doo and Spirit of Aloha Show which I booked (and had to pay in advance for) back in February when the 180 day window first opened up? Anybody know?:confused3

Most likely they will refund you when you get there. To do a refund now would require them to cancel the original reservation and then try to rebook (or so we have heard on these boards).

We are scheduled to stay at the Contemporary and when I just happened to go to the Disney website to look, low and behold there was the 40% off room. I ran the numbers and come to find out that if I do 8 nights/6day myw base tix and DDP it is almost $350 cheaper to use the 40% off than to do the free dining. GO FIGURE??!!!
Us too. We have been planning on a Dec trip this year but when FD came out I had to look at it. My DH announced the other day he would like to go back at our "usual" time (Oct). But when I compaired FD to the 40% off code we got we save $900. So we are sticking w/ our 40% off code.
It really depends on the makeup of your family (primarily how many Disney Adults you have) and what your rack rate is.

Here's roughly how much you save per night with Free Dining for various combinations:

1 Adult: $32 on QSDP, $42 on DDP
1 Adult, 1 Child: $42 on QSDP, $54 on DDP
1 Adult, 2 Children: $52 on QSDP, $66 on DDP
1 Adult, 3 Children: $62 on QSDP, $78 on DDP
2 Adults: $64 on QSDP, $84 on DDP
2 Adults, 1 Child: $74 on QSDP, $96 on DDP
2 Adults, 2 Children: $84 on QSDP, $108 on DDP
2 Adults, 3 Children: $94 on QSDP, $120 on DDP
3 Adults: $96 on QSDP, $126 on DDP
3 Adults, 1 Child: $106 on QSDP, $138 on DDP
3 Adults, 2 Children: $116 on QSDP, $150 on DDP
4 Adults: $128 on QSDP, $168 on DDP
4 Adults, 1 Child: $138 on QSDP, $180 on DDP
5 Adults: $160 on QSDP, $210 on DDP

Here's how much you save per night with a 40% Room discount (assuming 12.5% hotel tax) depending on the rack rate of your room:

Values in Value Season ($82): $37
Values in October ($105): $47
Moderates in Value Season ($149): $67
Moderates in October ($170): $77
AKL & WL in Value Season ($240): $108
Contemporary in Value Season ($285): $128
AKL & WL in Most of October ($300): $135
Contemporary in Most of October ($330): $149
YC, BC, BWI in Value Season ($340): $153
Poly in Value Season ($365): $164
YC, BC, BWI in Most of October ($390): $176
GF in Value Season ($410): $185
Poly in Most of October ($425): $191
GF in Most of October ($465): $209

These are rough numbers that don't include weekend surcharges, other holidays and higher rates, upgraded rooms, suites, etc., but they should give you a good idea.

If you were at our district... and you asked about Free Dining... you would have seen lots of hands! :goodvibes But most of us own DVC...

I saw a commercial for free dining last night for the first time. It was during Dancing With The Stars. It made me very glad I was already booked!

Terri

I live in NC and we are planning on taking the train.....it is overnight.....so, we get to the station at 10 am (give or take). We normally drive unless we get something really cheap. Especially now that almost everyone is charging for luggage.

Thanks OP! Looking forward to our first trip to Disney World on the dining plan! Thanks to everyone whose posted here. Very helpful and informative

I saw a commercial for free dining last night for the first time. It was during Dancing With The Stars. It made me very glad I was already booked!

Terri

lol I thought the same thing. I also thought it was a cute commercial.

I made my changes via the telephone yesterday since I had to cancel my previous reservation and then upgrade from QS to TS. I did not get a confirmation via email and when I went to check this morning on-line I found the price was ~$220 more than it should have been. It was double the upgrade from QS to TS. Had to call again and it was corrected (took only 3 minutes to connect). However, as I was checking I noticed there was still room everywhere. Makes me wonder why I panicked like I did :confused3

It really depends on the makeup of your family (primarily how many Disney Adults you have) and what your rack rate is.

Here's roughly how much you save per night with Free Dining for various combinations:

1 Adult: $32 on QSDP, $42 on DDP
1 Adult, 1 Child: $42 on QSDP, $54 on DDP
1 Adult, 2 Children: $52 on QSDP, $66 on DDP
1 Adult, 3 Children: $62 on QSDP, $78 on DDP
2 Adults: $64 on QSDP, $84 on DDP
2 Adults, 1 Child: $74 on QSDP, $96 on DDP
2 Adults, 2 Children: $84 on QSDP, $108 on DDP
2 Adults, 3 Children: $94 on QSDP, $120 on DDP
3 Adults: $96 on QSDP, $126 on DDP
3 Adults, 1 Child: $106 on QSDP, $138 on DDP
3 Adults, 2 Children: $116 on QSDP, $150 on DDP
4 Adults: $128 on QSDP, $168 on DDP
4 Adults, 1 Child: $138 on QSDP, $180 on DDP
5 Adults: $160 on QSDP, $210 on DDP

Here's how much you save per night with a 40% Room discount (assuming 12.5% hotel tax) depending on the rack rate of your room:

Values in Value Season ($82): $37
Values in October ($105): $47
Moderates in Value Season ($149): $67
Moderates in October ($170): $77
AKL & WL in Value Season ($240): $108
Contemporary in Value Season ($285): $128
AKL & WL in Most of October ($300): $135
Contemporary in Most of October ($330): $149
YC, BC, BWI in Value Season ($340): $153
Poly in Value Season ($365): $164
YC, BC, BWI in Most of October ($390): $176
GF in Value Season ($410): $185
Poly in Most of October ($425): $191
GF in Most of October ($465): $209

These are rough numbers that don't include weekend surcharges, other holidays and higher rates, upgraded rooms, suites, etc., but they should give you a good idea.

If there was ever a post that deserved to be a *sticky* this is it!! Thanks for all that work!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter