2009 DDP, DxDP and QS plans - Everything you always wanted to know

I was just there (left on Tuesday) and the receipts just showed credits used that meal and total remaining.

does it list remaining child and adult credits seperatley, or just how many in total (e.g 2 adult cs credits and 2 child cs credits, would just show as 4 cs credits)

Many have designed CS and TS Punch Cards for tracking purposes, or they just take their own notes.

Being double charged, unfortunately, does happen. It's handy to know how many credits you have remaining to use in the plan and then to double check that number against your receipt every time you use the DDP.

I agree, it is very frustrating, and time consuming, to correct an issue a long time after the error occurred.

Knowing how many credits you should have and double checking the receipt after every transaction helps this from becoming a time consuming hassle.

My daughter has several life threatening food allergies which limit her food choices. In the past we haven't used the dining plan and Disney has been very accommodating. At most restaurants they prepared her a separate plate of her own at no additional cost, even when she was only two. This year we are contemplating the dining plan. My question regarding the dining plan is this:

If she can not eat any of the choices on the children's menu (which was usually the case), can she still get her specially prepared meal and have it count as one child credit or will it not count and we will need to pay out of pocket?

Thanks!

I am new to this board, so if this has already been answered, please excuse. My family and I were at Dis in Sept. 08. We had the DDP and really enjoyed. We have resv to return in Sept. 09. When I looked at the dining offerings it seems as though virtually all of the Downtown Disney restaurant options are no longer for the Disney Dining Plan. Is this right?

:flower3:

I am new to this board, so if this has already been answered, please excuse. My family and I were at Dis in Sept. 08. We had the DDP and really enjoyed. We have resv to return in Sept. 09. When I looked at the dining offerings it seems as though virtually all of the Downtown Disney restaurant options are no longer for the Disney Dining Plan. Is this right?

:flower3:

Everything that was available in 2008 in DTD is available in 2009. Check the updated brochures, there are links to them in the in the first post(s)

My daughter has several life threatening food allergies which limit her food choices. In the past we haven't used the dining plan and Disney has been very accommodating. At most restaurants they prepared her a separate plate of her own at no additional cost, even when she was only two. This year we are contemplating the dining plan. My question regarding the dining plan is this:

If she can not eat any of the choices on the children's menu (which was usually the case), can she still get her specially prepared meal and have it count as one child credit or will it not count and we will need to pay out of pocket?

Thanks!

Since that is such a specific question that could well influence whether or not you should purchase a Dining Plan, I would go straight to the source if I were you.

specialdiets@email.disney.com

I'd be interested to hear what they say!

We have never done the plan before. Where do we find these guidelines? All I know is what I have learned on these boards. We're DVC members so we don't have to book a package. Do they send a flyer or something when we add the plan? :confused3

There is a link from the DVC member site, with the brochures, complete list of prices and restaurants.

The links to the dining plans in the first post on this thread list how it works and what locations are participating :)

I know that there's been a lot of questioning on credits with Adult vs Child with the new QSDP. A Dis'er just came back who used the QSDP, they report that the credits are now separated. Adult credits are adult credits and Child credits are child credits.

I know that there's been a lot of questioning on credits with Adult vs Child with the new QSDP. A Dis'er just came back who used the QSDP, they report that the credits are now separated. Adult credits are adult credits and Child credits are child credits.

Any word, yet on whether the CS receipts show separated credits on the regular DDP?

Sorry if this has been asked and answered before....

I am looking at the regular DDP but I was wondering how it would work if we wanted to order an appetizer as well or alcohol - do we simply pay for it OOP??

Is it even possible to do this?:confused3

I see there is a "chef's special, fixed priced, 3 course meal" available at Le Cellier in Epcot. Can I get this 3 course meal using my TC? Vice versa, can I just order off the menu for my dinner, dessert and non-alcoholic beverage?

I see there is a "chef's special, fixed priced, 3 course meal" available at Le Cellier in Epcot. Can I get this 3 course meal using my TC? Vice versa, can I just order off the menu for my dinner, dessert and non-alcoholic beverage?

You can order the "Chef's Special" which includes an appetizer, or you can order an entree, dessert and non-alcoholic beverage. Both options are only 1TS each.

Sorry if this has been asked and answered before....

I am looking at the regular DDP but I was wondering how it would work if we wanted to order an appetizer as well or alcohol - do we simply pay for it OOP??

Is it even possible to do this?:confused3

Yes, you can just pay OOP for anything additional that is not covered by the DDP.

we've booked a room at Pop but got the tickets for the park through another company - can we add the DDP as we only have the room booked, and if free DDP comes up could we get it also - even if the park tickets are purchased somewhere else??

we've booked a room at Pop but got the tickets for the park through another company - can we add the DDP as we only have the room booked, and if free DDP comes up could we get it also - even if the park tickets are purchased somewhere else??

I think it all has to be done together but I may be wrong:confused3 I know last time we went we got park tickets for somewhere else and they couldn't even add them to our KTTW cards OMG!!

on adult vs child credits, i came here looking for the answer and noticed post #5 in this thread. it had a quote from BuffaloGal with a link. that link is dead but I tracked it down via search and just noticed it was from 2006.

clearly that is confusing people, and since the new plan just started on jan-9th, i think we need to wait for a few more people to chime in on it. but i also want to know if the differentiate between the adult and child cs meals.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter