2008 Confirmed Snacks included in the Dining Plan-2009 Coming Soon!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok stop the presses...Did I just read that after 2 years France has decided to let us use snack credits At Boulangerie?:rolleyes1
:dance3: :dance3: :dance3: :dance3: :dance3: :dance3:
That's fantastic news. Thanks for the updates everyone.

Can anyone give us an answer......has Boulangerie started officially accepting snack credits? Or, were these isolated incidents?

I'm hoping this is correct about boulangerie in France! This would be awesome. Hopefully, its not just a few items and they are allowing a selection. If anyone else was allowed to use snack credits, please let us know!

hddanis has another post where she stated that the receipt did show the snack credits deducted. I think thats enough confirmation to add them to our list.:cool1:

Ok stop the presses...Did I just read that after 2 years France has decided to let us use snack credits At Boulangerie?:rolleyes1
:dance3: :dance3: :dance3: :dance3: :dance3: :dance3:
That's fantastic news. Thanks for the updates everyone.

Honestly, I almost fell over when she asked if I wanted to use snack credits. I fully expectd to pay OOP for them.
IMG_1048.jpg

Just last week at Starring Rolls, I found it funny that I could get the fudge for $3.50 on the Snack credit, but they wouldn't let me get the $2.55 Danish as a snack.

Bart

We just got back and ALL items under $4 are a snack credit at France/Boulangerie Patisserie. They said they no longer have the peach tort. We had 70 snack credits all together and used about 8 there. We used 12 credits at Goofy's Candy Co. for Make-Your-Own pretzels, rice krispy treats and gingerbread cookies. The fill your own sugar tube is NOT included. The carmel apple with nuts IS included but none of the other apples. We also had the Asian Chocolate Cake and some kind of brownie with marshmallows from the bakery at The Land.

OK. Here are the items we received as snack credits:

Ham & Cheese Croissant
Cheese Cake
Chocolate Eclair
Cappuccino, Cafe au Lait ou Moch
Cream Puff
Marvelous
Fruit Bavarois
Caramel Souffle

When I asked they said ANYTHING under $4.
No Cheese Plate or Ham and Cheese Sandwich

Sommerfest Snacks:

Salted Soft Pretzel
Black Forrest Cake
Cheesecake
Apple Strudel with Vanilla Sauce
Soda
Coffee
Water
Hot Tea
Hot Chocolate

I have a pic of the sign but I don't know how to post it.

I was at Kringla/Norway 1/31/08 and they had no bear claws and had no cloue what I was talking about...bear claws was listed on this first page...may need removing or it has a different name?

I was at Kringla/Norway 1/31/08 and they had no bear claws and had no cloue what I was talking about...bear claws was listed on this first page...may need removing or it has a different name?

Where you there later in the day? They do run out of many items and just didn't understand which one you were looking for.:confused3

We were on the DDP for the last few years. Hate to say but true that we avoided the France bakery because they never allowed the use of snack credits. We are going back in July on DLXDDP. I bet you that the bakery is baking more pastries than before they start anticipating the snack program.

AKL-Mara:
Bag of M&M's
Bag of Peanut M&M's
Bag of Animal Crackers
6 Pack of Oreo's
Pack of Jellybeans
3 serving bag of Doritos
3 serving bag of Lays
3 serving bag of Cheetos
1 slice cheesecake
1 slice carrot cake

Epcot-France Bakery:
chocolate chip cookie
Napolean
Anything under $4

Main Street Bakery:
Ice cream sandwich (You may choose which cookie, I did 2 different ones.)

:goodvibes

Snacks:

Pretzels MGM
Starring Rolls - choc fl cake, brownie, juice, fruit tulip, parfait

AllStar Movies:
chips, chocolate cake, mickey rice crispy treats, banana bread loaf, cookies, juice, milk

MK bakery:
turnovers, chocolate cake, cheese cake w/ or w/o strawberries, mini choc bundt cake, smoothie

AK FlameTree BBQ
onion rings

(Reconfirming, no popcorn buckets at MK on DDP)

I just wanted to add that we asked extensively about the snack credit changes when we were there Jan. 23-29. According to the various cast members, including the manager at Goofy's, the new "line in the sand" is that items eligible for snack credits have to be priced at $4 or less, AND be packaged as single servings. That meant that my favorite $4 jelly beans were no longer snack credit options; they and most other bagged candies in the snack price range are now labeled "Family Size" on the package to clarify. Also, the little bundle of 5 lollipops was NOT a snack credit, because it was 5 servings ... but the larger single lollipops were still snack options. Large containers of milk in the Beach Club Marketplace (we stayed at BCV) were not available on snack credits, even though they cost less than $4, for the same reason. Ditto for other make-a-meal-in-the-room supplies.

Finally, many of the "grab a light meal on a snack credit" tips also don't work anymore. As noted elsewhere in this thread, for example, the egg rolls in China are NOT snack credit options. They're under $4, and I can't imagine that anyone thinks you're going to share your egg roll under ordinary circumstances, but there you have it; none of the food items were snack credits in China. Japan's miso soup, also under $4, was also a no-go.

It seemed to us that Disney was trying to make sure the snack credits were used for individual snacks, and that many of the "loopholes" were closed up. With the deluxe dining plan, we still had lots of food, of course--but the snack credits weren't remotely as flexible as they've been in the past.

Ms. C.

Additional note, since I just saw the popcorn post ... boxes of popcorn are still snacks, just not the buckets.

Ms. C.

AKL-Mara:
Bag of M&M's
Bag of Peanut M&M's
Bag of Animal Crackers
6 Pack of Oreo's
Pack of Jellybeans
3 serving bag of Doritos
3 serving bag of Lays
3 serving bag of Cheetos
1 slice cheesecake
1 slice carrot cake

Epcot-France Bakery:
chocolate chip cookie
Napolean
Anything under $4

Main Street Bakery:
Ice cream sandwich (You may choose which cookie, I did 2 different ones.)

:goodvibes

Alot of us were waiting for the ice cream sandwich confirmation. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter