2006 DVC Member Cruise - SSMC06 - October 22, 2006 Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scratch42 said:
Thanks for the Report!

We are doing the Holiday Tour On Christmas Day! I'll let you know how it is!

janet

That sounds like so much fun! I can't wait to hear more about it!!

WDWLVR said:
Good morning everyone! Greetings from Disneyland. Here's our report on yesterday:

We really wanted to do Goofy's kitchen but when we went the other day they said the wait was 90 minutes long! :scared1: Except for our Blue Bayou lunch we really hadn't made any priority seatings. Well we went over yesterday right as they opened at 7 am and got right in! We love the character breakfasts. We saw Goofy (of course) and Chip and Donald and Pluto. Oh and the food was very very good as well. Since they call this a brunch they have much more food than just a breakfast buffet including desserts. The one our server recommended was French Toast Creme Brulee! It was wonderful!

After that it was off to the parks. The line to get into Disneyland was long, but moved pretty quick. We got to listen to the band as we were waiting which was a nice touch. First up was the Indiana Jones ride. This is a great ride. For those of you who have never done Disneyland the vehicles are like those on Dinosaur at AK. After that we went to Tomorrowland and did Buzz Lightyear. This is new out here and I like it better than at WDW. For one thing the guns are on a teather so you have more freedome (think of the guns from MIB in Universal if you have ever been there). Another nice touch is that at the end you can see your picture with your score on it. Best thing - you don't have to pay for it! You can e-mail to yourself for free! Nice!

Next up was the Autopia. I've never done it at WDW and it has been years and years since I've done it here but we did it. They even give you a cute little drivers liscense. There must have also been some major pin release yesterday as we passed a long line of people waiting outside one of the gift shops. :) I'm sure if I check eBay this morning I could find out what it was!

By now it was close to mid-day and it was getting to be wall to wall people and long lines everywhere. I had read over on the Disneyland board that they had closed the park on Saturday and I was afraid they would do the same today. We took this time to do our shopping on Main Street and then went over and viewed the 50 years of Disneyland display and movie on Main Steet. Sadly this was very easy to get into and about only 15 people in the movie. I say sadly because here is all this history (photos, copies of the e-tickets, mock-ups of what the rides were to be, etc.) and no one really coming to look at it. Their loss.

After that we made a stop at City Hall to ask about getting back in if we leave and also about where to see the parade tonight (we have tickets for a preferred viewing spot). Basically told if we leave we may or may not get back in. However we know that if we try to stay we'll be beat long before the parade so we chance it.

We stop at ESPN club in Downtown Disney for a late lunch and then back to our hotel for a nice rest. We headed back to Disneyland via the monorail about 5:00. Got to see some of the 5:15 parade from the monorail. We made our way over to Small World which is where the viewing location is. Found the area and basically just settled in there. There were still massive crowds especially the line for Small World. So we staked out our spot for the parade and waited. Funny this is we were right behind these ropes and mark was staing up (I was sitting a show ways away). Tons of people kept coming up and asking him questions (what time is the parade, how do they get to Small World, etc.). We had on our DVC jackets, our lanyards (from Epocot's Candlelight Processional), and our GOH badges. People thought he worked there!

Small World at night is amazing. Hard to describe to anyone who hasn't been here but the outside facade is all gold and white but lit up in colors at night. On the quarter hour it does the routine where the dolls come out and do thier little march and then clock opens up to tell the time. Well now after that happens the whole thing goes dark and then a light show begins where they put images on the front of the facade. Marching soldiers, candy, etc. all themed to music. This lasts about 2 minutes and then the lights come back on again. The first time I saw it my jaw just hung open. We love Lights of Winter at Epcot and this is just as amazing!

Next up is the parade. Very few people in our special area so we didn't have to sit or anything. One side note - there was an area next to us that was even more special. They got seats, hot chocolate in mugs and rice krispie stars. We found out they are from the holiday tour and also got to ride Small World and Haunted Mansion without a wait. Something to remember for next time. Back to the parade - my favorites the wooden soldiers were right up front. Love them! Then all the usuals: Mickey, Minnie, the Princsses, Chip and Dale, Buzz and Woody, and of course Santa Claus!

All too soon it over and we start heading for Main Steet to watch the fireworks. OMG it is wall to wall people! We decide to not spend another hour standing around so we head for the exit. Then we see that no one is sitting up in the train station. When we get to the top we find out why - the benchs are marked off as reserved. We are about to leave and one of the conductors asked if we were waiting for the parade. We tell him yes. He said the view is better in front of the tree (very true the tree is huge and blocks most of the castle view) however are feet are tired and we just wanted to sit. He says wait a minute and let me check on something. I guess they put up the reserved signs every night but don't need them every night. Sure enough he takes them down and we spend a nice hour on the bench people watching. The fireworks are even more amazing then when we saw them the other nice from the balcony at Fantasmic. Lots of lighting on the castle (we can see about 1/4 of it past the tree).

After this it is back to the room. We never did have dinner and it is too late now (it is past 10 pm) but we are chilled so order soup and tea from room service. After that is off for a good nights sleep.

This morning we are meeting Todd and Cheryl for breakfast and then out to enjoy our last day here at the resort!

Have a great day everyone!

Sounds like you guys are having an awesome trip!

Mark & Mary, sounds like you are having a wonderful time. :cheer2:

Gosh, everyone must be busy with the holiday's coming up. It's been awfully quiet here.

That's what we did today. Both Gary & I had the day off. We planned to have Cameron go off to school, take Walker to school and then hit the stores to finish our shopping. It never fails -- the best laid plans are always subject to change.

Saturday night, Cameron started showing signs of pink eye. No problem -- I have the drops. Except they didn't work. Much to Cameron's displeasure, I put drops into his eyes every 3 hours as the directions said, but no change in the bright red color. Went to bed last night and I was hoping he'd wake up with much improvement this AM. No such luck.

I called the school -- I was on the fence about sending him because I knew if they looked at his eye, they would only send him home. The nurse said as long as there was no drainage and he had been on the drops, he would be fine. Then Cameron told me about all the gunk he cleaned off his eye this morning. So, Cameron stayed home from school.

So, the three of us took Walker to school who surprisingly went willingly since his brother was out for the day -- it couldn't be that I mentioned Cameron was going to have to have his eye roto-routered this AM :earseek: .

So, the three of us went off shopping and out to lunch. So much for Gary & my first "date" since the kids were born. I do have to say it was odd to not have Walker with us.

Still waiting for the pharmacy to fill Cameron's prescription. Some type of hang up there -- I think they forgot to call it in or something when we stopped in at 2. Still not ready at 3, I called the doctor back who re-phoned it in. Just talked to the pharmacy 5 minutes ago -- still an hour wait. :rolleyes:

I think we need to find a new pharmacy. :idea: Last time Walker & I went through the drive thru to just pick up a prescripton, it took 20 minutes for them to figure out what they were doing.

So, shopping for Walker is all done. Cameron is going to have to be snuck in here and there. I'm running out of time and don't have many times available to sneak out and get it done. It will work out.....it always does. :)

AHH, the joys of the Holidays! First time ever - my shopping is done, gifts are wrapped and we have already had our Christmas Celebrations with my brother, his family and 2 of my sisters and their families. Yesterday we did Christmas with John's family. Nothing like planning a vacation over Christmas to make you get everything done early!

Tomorrow is exchange day, 2 outfits and a coat have to go back for Deanna. At least the exchange lines should be a bit shorter :rotfl:

Hope Cameron's eye is better soon.

Sorry to hear about Camerons eye.
Poor thing.
This is the 1st Christmas in 7 that I have not worked 2 jobs.
It should be a less stressful time, but DH's new job is so time consuming.
He doesnt get hoem until almost 7 every night.
By the time we are done eating its 730-745.
Mall closes at 9.
But this is the 1st year I was able to send Cristmas cards.

Mary

Thanks for the live TR's
How awesome that you were able to sit up by the train station.
And Small World is one of my favorite rides, so to see it at DL this time of year has beocme a goal of mine.

Sat: Trip report : Todd's aunt and uncle picked us up at the hotel. Took us to the beach in Santa Monica then to a restaurant called Duke's that also has another restaurant in Hawaii. Excellent. Then they took us to the sunset strip and Grauman's theater then back to the hotel.

Sunday: I met an online friend from an online game that I play. We went all around disney land. Enjoyed Indy and Got super soaked on splash! We split off from them around 8, spent some time in downtown and then back to hotel that is by LAX.

Today was an early morning. Met up with Mark and Mary, Went to story tellers, was great! Went on Pinochio and Snow White while we waiting for Todd. Then storybook and small world and then took some pictures of chip and dale's house in Toontown and then took the train to the front then to California adventure.

Then to muppets and golden california. I played midway games while waiting for Todd and Mary on the coaster. Then shopped while waiting for them on the zephr. Then we went to check Jungle cruise, it was closed. My stomach was upset so we said so long to Mark and Mary and drove back to LAX. Todd is napping so i think that was a good call.

Hopefully I can find something for tonight close by.

-Cheryl

Greetings all - back at the hotel after our last day in the parks.

Started the day with breakfast at Storytellers at the Grand Californian. We've now done all three character breakfasts at the hotels and loved them all! This time with Cheryl and Todd.

It was early entry day so we headed over to Disneyland. Did the Matterhorn, Alice, Pinnochio, Snow White all before the park opened to most people. We then did Storybook Gardens, Small World and visited Toon Town. By now California Adventure was open so we took the train over to Main Street and headed out of the park.

A quick stop in the plaza to check out my friend Stacey's brick!

Todd and Cheryl had not been to California Adventure so we showed them around a bit. We did Muppets and the movie California Dreams. Then headed over to the pier area. Todd wanted to do California Screaming so he and I did that while Cheryl played some boardwalk games and Mark just chilled out. The parks are a lot less crowded today so we pretty much walked on to Screaming and also to the Golden Zephyr.

After that it was back to Disneyland to see if the Jungle Cruise had opened. It had but was closed again.

At this point we parted ways with Cheryl and Todd. They were headed out and we headed over to the Plaza Resturant for lunch. The homestyle fried chicken and mashed potatoes were just as good as we remembered. We love this place. After that we walked around Tomorrowland for a bit and then took the monorail back to the hotel.

Just chilled the rest of the afternoon. Both taking a nap. Something so relaxing to laying down with the window open and the sound of the waterfalls in front of the Bonita tower coming in.

Tonight we'll most likely just hang in the room and do our packing. Early day tomorrow as we have an 8 am flight home. We'll be back in Chicago early tomorrow afternoon.

It has been a great trip. So glad we made it out to celebrate the 50th!

edited to add - this was Mary not Mark - opps!

Cindy - sorry to hear about Cameron's eye. Hope it is feeling better soon. Even more sorry that you and Gary didn't get time for some couple time.

MarkRG said:
Greetings all - back at the hotel after our last day in the parks.

Started the day with breakfast at Storytellers at the Grand Californian. We've now done all three character breakfasts at the hotels and loved them all! This time with Cheryl and Todd.

It was early entry day so we headed over to Disneyland. Did the Matterhorn, Alice, Pinnochio, Snow White all before the park opened to most people. We then did Storybook Gardens, Small World and visited Toon Town. By now California Adventure was open so we took the train over to Main Street and headed out of the park.

A quick stop in the plaza to check out my friend Stacey's brick!

Todd and Cheryl had not been to California Adventure so we showed them around a bit. We did Muppets and the movie California Dreams. Then headed over to the pier area. Todd wanted to do California Screaming so he and I did that while Cheryl played some boardwalk games and Mark just chilled out. The parks are a lot less crowded today so we pretty much walked on to Screaming and also to the Golden Zephyr.

After that it was back to Disneyland to see if the Jungle Cruise had opened. It had but was closed again.

At this point we parted ways with Cheryl and Todd. They were headed out and we headed over to the Plaza Resturant for lunch. The homestyle fried chicken and mashed potatoes were just as good as we remembered. We love this place. After that we walked around Tomorrowland for a bit and then took the monorail back to the hotel.

Just chilled the rest of the afternoon. Both taking a nap. Something so relaxing to laying down with the window open and the sound of the waterfalls in front of the Bonita tower coming in.

Tonight we'll most likely just hang in the room and do our packing. Early day tomorrow as we have an 8 am flight home. We'll be back in Chicago early tomorrow afternoon.

It has been a great trip. So glad we made it out to celebrate the 50th!

edited to add - this was Mary not Mark - opps!

Sounds like you guys and Cheryl and Todd had a great trip! Safe travels home! :wizard:

Congrats on the new baby boyin the family !! :bounce: :bounce:
Cindy sorry to hear about your Aunt. :grouphug:
Mark, Mary ,Cheryl and Todd glad you had a grat trip. :banana: :banana:
Diana way to go! :cool1: :cool1:
Thanks for all the best wishes for my son. :love:
Now ,I think I'm up to speed.

Mark, Mary, Cheryl, & Todd - Thanks for the trip reports. I'm taking a mini vacation vicariously thru your trip reports!!! Can't wait to take a trip to "Where it all began" it will be like a pilgrimage! :rotfl2:

Cindy - Poor Cameron! Hope he feels better soon.

Jeff and I left work at noon today to go shopping. Got some stuff for ourselves and did some returns, picked up more stamps (for my x-mas cards which I still need to get done and mail) and went to Friendlys for ice cream. Nick is sleeping at Mom & Dad's tonight so it's nice and quiet in the house.

You guys made my mouth water talking about Soufles and Creme Brulee. I got and email from the Dolphin & Swan with a recipe for Eggnog Créme Brûlée with Cranberry Orange Compote and Irish Sauce ! :hyper:
Here is the link!
http://www.swandolphin.com/recipeclub/1205.html

:cool1: Hey cruisers we got our confirmed reservation telling us how many points that were committed for the "Member Getaway Program" :bitelip:
Makes it feel little more offical, doesn't?! <yeah> :cheer2:

Cindy, sorry about Cameron's eye! :wizard: :wizard:

Mary thanks for the suggestion of the Fried Chicken at the Plaza! DD loves fried chicken and is always leary until she knows of someone who has tried it!

Have to make another PS!

Have A Disney Day Everybody!

Stay Warm too! It's like -19 with the Wind Chill! Can't wait for that California Cold of 75! :rotfl: :rotfl:

janet

Scratch42 said:
Stay Warm too! It's like -19 with the Wind Chill! Can't wait for that California Cold of 75! :rotfl: :rotfl:

Yikes, Janet, that's cold. :cold: :cold: :cold:

I won't complain about our high of 30 today. To you, that would be a heat wave.

Stay warm. :cold: :cold: :cold:

Kerlynne said:
:cool1: Hey cruisers we got our confirmed reservation telling us how many points that were committed for the "Member Getaway Program" :bitelip:
Makes it feel little more offical, doesn't?! <yeah> :cheer2:

We got ours too and I thought the same thing....now it's really official! :cool1:

It's 5 degrees here. :cold: I think tonight's low is going to be below zero. I SO ready to move to FL and this is our first really cold day! What stinks is this is the only day I can get to the mall to get the couple of things I need to finish everything up....so I have to outside. :cold:

Wow, it's been a crazy couple of days around here and I haven't had time to check in or catch up. But I have to share, yesterday was Ian's first birthday and I took him to get his 1-year portrait.

513028459_02-M.jpg

And here are a couple other poses.
513028459_09-M.jpg
513028459_24-M.jpg

Okay, now I've gotta run. He has his 1-year checkup and shots this morning...

Happy Birthday Ian!!!

Love the pictures! Where did you get them done. I've never seen those blocks before. Like I'm sort of picture expert and know all the props at all the studios. :rotfl:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter