$200 Disney Gift Card with New Visa Card??

I'm not sure if this is an okay place to ask this...but I wasn't sure where else it might be appropriate, so forgive me if it belongs somewhere else!!

We recently got an offer in the mail for a Disney Rewards Visa Card (the one without the annual fee). The promotion was for a free $200 Disney Gift Card if you were approved for the card and spent $500 in your first three months. I decided to go ahead and bite even though we're not big on credit cards. I just couldn't pass up the free $200! :) And we've got our upcoming Disney vacation to pay off anyway, so I can just use the card to pay $500 on that, which obviously has to be paid anyway! So I applied through the provided invitational link, got the cards in the mail, no trouble. However, I think I might have thrown out the original advertisement I got that mentioned the $200 gift card and now I'm paranoid that I won't just automatically get my gift card after spending the money and I don't really have any "proof" of the offer.

So my question is...has anyone else every applied for the Disney card and received their gift card with out any hassle? Did you have to do anything extra to make sure you received the gift card or did it just come automatically after you hit the spending mark?

Thank you so much! It's probably not a huge deal, but I can't quit kicking myself for throwing that stupid piece of paper away!! :headache:

If you applied to a Disney offer then you will not need the original 'invitation'.

DH & I both applied to our separate offers about 2 weeks apart and both received $200 (each). This was a few years ago and we didn't have a 'set' amount to spend - after 'first' use we each received our GC's.

We didn't usually use credit cards, but this was too good to pass up. We now each use ours, then pay the balance each month - has given great spending money for our WDW trips.

So, relax, you don't need the 'proof' from Disney cards! :goodvibes

For other posters asking, we did have to have the offer in our names - was only valid for the addressee.

Any 200.00 offers going on now?

I believe these are the current offers; anyone who knows of another one or a better one, please add on!

$50 for the regular Disney Visa (no annual fee; 1%) $100 for the Disney Premiere Visa ($49 annual fee; 2% with restrictions) on the public Chase and Disney sites.

$200 offers being mailed out for the last few weeks for Disney Premiere Visa ($49 annual fee; 2% with restrictions) - "Disney Logic" on this one - who knows who will get one or why!

$200 referral offers for the regular Disney Visa (no annual fee; 1%) with $500 purchase within 3 months; must apply by 6/30.

Those look like great perks. My wife has a card. Maybe we will have to get another one. Free disney money, love it.

I'd love to get my hands on the $200 back/no annual fee card. I could pay off my trip, get $200 back and be ready to go!!

I won't pay an annual fee though...

Please review the "Referrals - Please Don't" thread near the top of the Budget Board.

Referrals are NOT allowed on the DIS. Those offering referrals and those making requests to receive such referral are violating the DIS guidelines.

In this thread alone, numerous infractions have had to be issued.

If you receive a solicitation via PM offering you a referral, please forward it to me. If you see a post offering a referral, please use the "Report this post" function at the lower left of every post (the red triangle).

Thanks for your cooperation.

Posting an update on my experience with the Disney Visa card in regards to the gift card offer, in case anyone is curious about the outcome. :)

I paid $500 towards our vacation on 6/13 using the card, then I paid the card balance off on 6/19. I received my gift card in the mail on 6/28. Absolutely hassle-free and much quicker turn-around time than I had expected!

My husband is a disney visa holder. How can he refer me so I can get the $200 offer???

I received my Disney Visa and paid for my trip on 6/15. I received my gift card today. I was surprised I got it so fast. Now I have to wait for my trip but have $200 more for liquid refreshment during F & W.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter