20 Years of Dreams Event - Official Thread

If we are talking differences, then the most troubling one for me was the dumbfounded look I received from the Tower of London Starbucks barista when I asked if they had "half-and-half." Half-and-half what," he asked.
A good friend and former travel agent was in Jamaica once and asked for skim milk. The waiter had a confused look on his face and went back into the kitchen. He came back and said they only had cow's milk and goat's milk, no skim milk. We have no idea what he thought a skim was.

as in british men wear jumpers, american men wear sweaters...
a friend of mine went into saks in nyc and asked for a jumper...
the salesperson said "for your daughter?"
"no, the jumper's for me".....
she was speechless..

yup - and my wife is an independent merchandiser selling girls dresses and rompers and jumpers. They have cute patterns, but I don't think I would look very good wearing any of those jumpers

Definitely as my other half would go spare, if I said I had a load of American’s chatting me up while on a solo trip..

It’s a bit like when you guys say fanny meaning butt, always make me laugh as it means something different in the UK..

Also you will need to google that one as I’m not explaining it as I’ve read the boards guild lines and keep it clean folks, keep it clean..

Oh then you don't want to "chat me up", you'll confuse the heck out of him!!!

This event is a FUNDRAISER. For children. Who are critically ill.
Now, as much as I would like to hang out with Ryno, or Steve, or Jackie (I loooove Jackie!) if I can't get into their events, I'm not going to be upset or angry. It is what it is. I am attending a fundraiser and it's not all about what can I get. It's not about me.
This is for children who are ill and their wish is to go to Disney World. I feel some people take for granted how lucky they are. Not everyone can go multiple times a year. Some families save for years just to go once. GKTW provides families with that once in a lifetime trip. Please people let's keep this in perspective.
If you have kids, hug them often. Say I love you. Spend quality time with them. Don't take a single day with them for granted. Be thankful that they are healthy, because in the blink of an eye they can be taken from you and all you have left is memories.
Well said..👍

Me - I'm just grateful to be going to this once in a lifetime event... $130 for the event and Pandora party is a steal if you ask me. If I don't get in the additional events with the DIS cast, it's not a big deal. I'll betcha' I'll run into them at the Contemporary or the Pandora Party. I'm happy to be able to go ... it's been a struggle... I've had to switch to an airbnb offsite and cancel my reservation at POP.... my dog got sick and there was a hefty bill, then a week later my cat go sick. So, I'm barely, I mean barely going to be able to go. God willing nothing else happens. We are getting great discounts on rooms (even though I can't take advantage of it now), and the tickets as well. I'm staying in a shared townhouse with complete strangers who are doing the same, but it's the only way I can make this happen. I'm single, have a home of my own and have nobody to share bills with. I'm saying this to offer some perspective here - if you're going to this, in my opinion EPIC event, and you're able to stay on-property ... consider yourself blessed and don't sweat the small stuff. If you can't have drinks with Rhino or a dole whip with Steve.... perhaps you can run into them organically at the event and tell them how much you appreciate everything they do for you and all the great information they provide for your trip planning. Plus, they give us our Disney fix when we're not there...right???!!! I for one will be happy if I just make it there. 'nuff said

Me - I'm just grateful to be going to this once in a lifetime event... $130 for the event and Pandora party is a steal if you ask me. If I don't get in the additional events with the DIS cast, it's not a big deal. I'll betcha' I'll run into them at the Contemporary or the Pandora Party. I'm happy to be able to go ... it's been a struggle... I've had to switch to an airbnb offsite and cancel my reservation at POP.... my dog got sick and there was a hefty bill, then a week later my cat go sick. So, I'm barely, I mean barely going to be able to go. God willing nothing else happens. We are getting great discounts on rooms (even though I can't take advantage of it now), and the tickets as well. I'm staying in a shared townhouse with complete strangers who are doing the same, but it's the only way I can make this happen. I'm single, have a home of my own and have nobody to share bills with. I'm saying this to offer some perspective here - if you're going to this, in my opinion EPIC event, and you're able to stay on-property ... consider yourself blessed and don't sweat the small stuff. If you can't have drinks with Rhino or a dole whip with Steve.... perhaps you can run into them organically at the event and tell them how much you appreciate everything they do for you and all the great information they provide for your trip planning. Plus, they give us our Disney fix when we're not there...right???!!! I for one will be happy if I just make it there. 'nuff said

Hi Pam-

This is just to say I wish you the best. The times when life seems to gang up on you really suck, but your attitude is really what makes or breaks a situation. I look forward to seeing you at the party!

Just heard on the podcast from John that those of us "non-Pateron" folks will get a shot at each event. Once the capacity reaches 50% with Pateron folks the rest of the group will get access. Thanks to John and Pete for adjusting the process.

Please if I've mis-stated anything.........fix it here 😊

Doug :goofy:

Hi Pam-

This is just to say I wish you the best. The times when life seems to gang up on you really suck, but your attitude is really what makes or breaks a situation. I look forward to seeing you at the party!
Thank you so much!! I look forward to it as well.

Just heard on the podcast from John that those of us "non-Pateron" folks will get a shot at each event. Once the capacity reaches 50% with Pateron folks the rest of the group will get access. Thanks to John and Pete for adjusting the process.

Please if I've mis-stated anything.........fix it here 😊

Doug :goofy:

I heard that as well.

That’s good and seems fair.. meaning everyone will still get to go for the events they want.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter