2 Vacation Package Reservations

Vikesfan80

Earning My Ears
I would like to do two separate vacation packages that overlap. So one 2 night stay lets say, Monday and Tuesday and then a another 2 night stay from Wednesday to Thursday(separate hotel). They give 3 day worth of passes Monday - DS, Tuesday - DL, Wednesday DS for first reservation. Then Tuesday- DS, Wednesday - DL, Thursday - DS...so they ticket overlap on one day...Wednesday. I can just decide which pass to use on the day(Wednesdau) and just dont use the other one?

Hope that makes sense.

I couldn't find any info on this when I searched. Plus, the Japanese are known to be very inflexible about rules. I can't imagine trying to explain this to them when you checkin for the package. I know that you can use more than 1 day ticket in order to go to both parks in a day, since they are not doing hoppers. However, I don't know if you can do what you want. Also, each day is specified in the package. For the 2 night/3 day, DisneySea is first, then Disneyland, and finally DisneySea again. I don't know what the order is for the 1 night/2 day package. I just decided that we would book a room only for the first night, before our package starts, so we can hit the park at opening, then do the 3 park days/2 nights on the package. For the last 2 nights/1 park day, I will book a room only hotel for the 2 nights and buy 1 day park tickets for Disneyland. Good luck!

Thanks for the response. The dates became available today so I booked it with no issue. I think it might work...worst case I have an extra ticket...I hope.

I couldn't find any info on this when I searched. Plus, the Japanese are known to be very inflexible about rules. I can't imagine trying to explain this to them when you checkin for the package. I know that you can use more than 1 day ticket in order to go to both parks in a day, since they are not doing hoppers. However, I don't know if you can do what you want. Also, each day is specified in the package. For the 2 night/3 day, DisneySea is first, then Disneyland, and finally DisneySea again. I don't know what the order is for the 1 night/2 day package. I just decided that we would book a room only for the first night, before our package starts, so we can hit the park at opening, then do the 3 park days/2 nights on the package. For the last 2 nights/1 park day, I will book a room only hotel for the 2 nights and buy 1 day park tickets for Disneyland. Good luck!

Can you help me understand something for a trip I am trying to plan for December? I want to do a vacation package too, but we would just do two days in the parks. But it's strange to me that the number of nights are one less than the number of days in the packages, because otherwise, it means checking in or out on one of your park days, right? Were you able to easily add a night to the package? If so, will they let you stay in the same room or are they treated as two separate stays?

Also, if we only want to hit up highlights, do we need two days at Disney Seas with the new land opening? As much as I love Disney, I don't think I want to take a way a day form seeing Tokyo to add an extra day in the parks.

Can you help me understand something for a trip I am trying to plan for December? I want to do a vacation package too, but we would just do two days in the parks. But it's strange to me that the number of nights are one less than the number of days in the packages, because otherwise, it means checking in or out on one of your park days, right? Were you able to easily add a night to the package? If so, will they let you stay in the same room or are they treated as two separate stays?

Also, if we only want to hit up highlights, do we need two days at Disney Seas with the new land opening? As much as I love Disney, I don't think I want to take a way a day form seeing Tokyo to add an extra day in the parks.

Let me preface by saying I don't think any of this will be as bad for you, since your trip is later. July and August have already been easier, but not completely easy.

Someone on the Tokyo Disney social media site I frequent said that there was an option to just add nights once you booked your package. I asked about it more, but never got an answer. I didn't see an option to add hotel nights until my hotel only dates were released. It was not easy for me at all. I am also going mid-June and staying at Miracosta. Miracosta and Fantasy Springs Hotel are the only ones that are getting Happy Entry for both parks starting once FS opens. So, demand has been very high. I also have 2 packages that overlap, 3 day/2 night and 2 day/1 night, to get 4 days in the parks. I thought I would cancel the 2nd package after getting hotel rooms for those night, but we decided to keep them. Both packages are at Miracosta, but they were in different room types. That night booking was crazy; I waited 3-4 hours in a queue. I eventually got both packages in the same room type. Supposedly, they will let you stay in the same room; however, it's definitely not guaranteed. I had to book Disneyland Hotel for my hotel only at first, because Miracosta was literally gone in less than 2 minutes after being released every day. I did eventually get Miracosta for those nights after just trying almost everyday/multiple times a day. Still not in the same room type, so I am still looking for the night before our packages start and the last night. Hotel room only is more difficult to get, because they release packages first and release the best rooms with the packages.

I think they expect people to be staying somewhere else, probably locally or actual locals, and to start the package part way through the day. It's weird to me, but I really think they are geared for the Japanese market, not foreign tourists. You can get your package as early as 6:30am from the hotel, drop your luggage, and start your day early. Many people stay nearby at Hilton or Sheraton.

Since I haven't been yet, it's hard to say how much time will be needed. It depends a lot on how crowds are at that time. My impression is that 2 days per park is really needed, but if you don't have the time, you don't have the time. Do what you can, but don't sacrifice Tokyo.

Let me preface by saying I don't think any of this will be as bad for you, since your trip is later. July and August have already been easier, but not completely easy.

Someone on the Tokyo Disney social media site I frequent said that there was an option to just add nights once you booked your package. I asked about it more, but never got an answer. I didn't see an option to add hotel nights until my hotel only dates were released. It was not easy for me at all. I am also going mid-June and staying at Miracosta. Miracosta and Fantasy Springs Hotel are the only ones that are getting Happy Entry for both parks starting once FS opens. So, demand has been very high. I also have 2 packages that overlap, 3 day/2 night and 2 day/1 night, to get 4 days in the parks. I thought I would cancel the 2nd package after getting hotel rooms for those night, but we decided to keep them. Both packages are at Miracosta, but they were in different room types. That night booking was crazy; I waited 3-4 hours in a queue. I eventually got both packages in the same room type. Supposedly, they will let you stay in the same room; however, it's definitely not guaranteed. I had to book Disneyland Hotel for my hotel only at first, because Miracosta was literally gone in less than 2 minutes after being released every day. I did eventually get Miracosta for those nights after just trying almost everyday/multiple times a day. Still not in the same room type, so I am still looking for the night before our packages start and the last night. Hotel room only is more difficult to get, because they release packages first and release the best rooms with the packages.

I think they expect people to be staying somewhere else, probably locally or actual locals, and to start the package part way through the day. It's weird to me, but I really think they are geared for the Japanese market, not foreign tourists. You can get your package as early as 6:30am from the hotel, drop your luggage, and start your day early. Many people stay nearby at Hilton or Sheraton.

Since I haven't been yet, it's hard to say how much time will be needed. It depends a lot on how crowds are at that time. My impression is that 2 days per park is really needed, but if you don't have the time, you don't have the time. Do what you can, but don't sacrifice Tokyo.

Thank you! This is exactly the information I was looking for. Based on this, my plan will be to book the nearby Hilton for the night before, and the vacation package at first. Then I will try to add an extra night to the package and drop Hilton if that works. I really appreciate the detailed response.

Thank you! This is exactly the information I was looking for. Based on this, my plan will be to book the nearby Hilton for the night before, and the vacation package at first. Then I will try to add an extra night to the package and drop Hilton if that works. I really appreciate the detailed response.
Right after I booked my packages and saw how hard that was. I booked rooms at the Hilton for the beginning and end, just in case. My credit card has so many refunds on it. I might not even owe anything; they may have to pay me :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter