2 UY no longer "big deal" (book online with Transfer points)

sethschroeder

DIS Veteran
Just a heads up they just rolled out in the last day the ability to book online with your transfer points. What this means is that you can easily use both contracts together more easily if you have 2 different UYs. It also means buying points off another member is not as big of a pain to use the points.

Doing the transfer itself and banking still looks to be a call but I think we can all agree booking and seeing the points was always the downfall of transfer points.

Picture (I stripped out my Contract #s and points left form the picture below)

Just a heads up they just rolled out in the last day the ability to book online with your transfer points. What this means is that you can easily use both contracts together more easily if you have 2 different UYs. It also means buying points off another member is not as big of a pain to use the points.

Doing the transfer itself and banking still looks to be a call but I think we can all agree booking and seeing the points was always the downfall of transfer points.

Picture (I stripped out my Contract #s and points left form the picture below)
View attachment 526982
Very interesting!
Helpful information for future add-on-itis moments :earboy2:

Right now, though, it seems you can only do it with transferred points 7 months out,

It may end up still needing to be a call during home priority. However, as an owner with SSR points in two different UYs, this is a game changer and one where I may use transfers occasionally.

But you still have to be careful that you aren't considering borrowing transferred points and forgetting about their UYs.

I don't have multiple contracts, but I thought the issue on multiple UYs for members that do is more with keeping track of the points than the ability to use them online.

LAX

I don't have multiple contracts, but I thought the issue on multiple UYs for members that do is more with keeping track of the points than the ability to use them online.

LAX

With the online site, those things are much easier now. The biggest drawback was having to call to book or modify.

Now, that seems to be gone, so one less minus for 2 UYs. You still have to understand it all as you can’t borrow transferred points, etc,, but this will help for sure make it a nice option,

I have transferred once between my accounts back in February and then when the trip got canceled due to resort closure, I wasn’t looking forward to having to figure it all out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter