2 Studios vs 1 bedroom?

cel_disney

DIS Veteran
We are heading to Disney for 5 days in April. We will have 2 people running the Star Wars 5k And 2 running the 10k.

Our home resort is BLT but it’s very expensive this week and we are looking elsewhere. We have previously stayed at OKW, BCV, Poly, AKV-K, AKV-J. One thing that those other stays have taught us is that for our family - the bathroom configurations with their see through glass showers and toilets that share a room are definitely a hinderance for us to get ready in the morning.

We would love to stay at BWV this trip but it seems to have the same bathroom layout as BCV. So - we are debating the option of 2 studios - we would lose laundry but would gain 2 bathrooms and wouldn’t wake up the non-runners on race day.

Here is my question - How likely are we to be able to get studios that aren’t opposite sides of the resort? The few times we have had multiple rooms linked we have been close (2-3 doors away at BLT and OKW), but my sample size is limited.

Has anyone rented 2 studios at BWV? BLT? BCV? SSR? OKW? Can you share your experience?

Whether that near to each other request will be met is anybody's guess. We have thrice before done that request at BWV and the result was that at least the rooms were on the same floor but they were still quite a distance from each other.

It's also worth noting that the resorts will be packed full on a race weekend. How much they can move or do is going to be very dependent on check-in dates for the people coming for the weekend.

OKW - not during race week, but took 2 studios for 7 people. 2 were young grandchildren, so only issue was staying in the dark with them until they went to sleep. 1 Bedroom had a living room which made it easier to be up when some are going to bed iin the actual bedroom. After that experience we opted for 1 bedroom and studio or a 2 bedroom unit. Really is a matter of points and availability. At OKW our two studios were right next to each other.

Have you considered a 2 bedroom villa or a treehouse at Saratoga Springs?

All of these exceed my point allocation for this trip (as well as our home resort in BLT). I just really hate the bathroom layouts at the older DVC and feel they made them even less functional when they updated everything to be glass. Our 13 year old will lock that door and no one will be able to get to a shower or toilet for an hour!

I’m sure availability will change this week but there are currently many things still open for the entire Easter span. It’s the first time I remember the Star Wars Race overlapping with the highest season in DVC.

Points wise for this season - the 2 studios are almost the exact same points as a 1 bedroom....but with 2 bathrooms (most with shower curtains that are not see through!), 2 real mattresses, 2 couches, 2 balconies...

At OKW, almost all the studios are at the ends of the building. If by chance you are located in the same building, you will either be on different floors or different ends of the building. There are four buildings that are a three sided square with a courtyard in the center. Those studios are in the corners, next to each other (well, two are next to each other and two are at the opposite corner). But they do not have the large window near the first bed in the room since that is a shared wall with a one bedroom. The only window in these studios is the patio door. They are a bit dark. These studios are located in Bldg 14, 18, 35 and 38. These four buildings have three floors.

What about a 1 bedroom at Kidani? That would give you two bathrooms.

Are you okay if the studios are not near each other? If this is a big problem I would probably stick with a one bedroom.

We've only requested rooms close together one time at BWV and they were just a couple of doors apart however both were Boardwalk view so as long as they got us on the same floor we weren't going to be a long walk apart. It's really not something that can even be guessed at.

Since you'd be getting 2 pool/garden view studios that leaves a lot of area they could have between your rooms. Are you sure you can't take a swing at a standard view 2BR at SSR? It would only be approx 15 points or so more than the 2 studios and you know you'd be right together.

Or, if you're really looking to save points how about a PVB studio for all of you? It's sharing 1 room for sleeping but you have 2 showers - albeit 1 toilet however that part is the same as the older 1BR's.

Or an AKV standard view 2BR would only be a few points more than 2 BWV studios - preferred view.

OKW - not during race week, but took 2 studios for 7 people. 2 were young grandchildren, so only issue was staying in the dark with them until they went to sleep. 1 Bedroom had a living room which made it easier to be up when some are going to bed iin the actual bedroom. After that experience we opted for 1 bedroom and studio or a 2 bedroom unit. Really is a matter of points and availability. At OKW our two studios were right next to each other.
No way were the two studios next to each other at OKW. That’s impossible

We've only requested rooms close together one time at BWV and they were just a couple of doors apart however both were Boardwalk view so as long as they got us on the same floor we weren't going to be a long walk apart. It's really not something that can even be guessed at.

Since you'd be getting 2 pool/garden view studios that leaves a lot of area they could have between your rooms. Are you sure you can't take a swing at a standard view 2BR at SSR? It would only be approx 15 points or so more than the 2 studios and you know you'd be right together.

Or, if you're really looking to save points how about a PVB studio for all of you? It's sharing 1 room for sleeping but you have 2 showers - albeit 1 toilet however that part is the same as the older 1BR's.

Or an AKV standard view 2BR would only be a few points more than 2 BWV studios - preferred view.

Thanks - good point about the bigger ranges for pool/garden view at BWV. Gonna look at the map again and see how bad it could be.

We are now thinking of driving to Miami late Sunday night so I looked at rooms 4/15-4/19.....at SSR - studios are 90, 1 Bedroom is 178 points, a 2 bed is 234...so definitely a lot more than 15 points to upgrade...We usually spend about 180 for our 6 night trips but I’ve got 210 to play with if needed but that is super expensive for 4 nights for us so I would rather not!

Funny you mentioned Poly - we have stayed there (during the hurricane a few years ago so we got to spend an entire day in our room!) and I have been joking with my family that it would be a better bathroom situation than the 1 bedroom for sure! I could maybe get adjoining studios for the race nights (thurs/Friday)... I believe Poly would be the easiest to ensure proximity if not connecting and everyone likes Poly amenities in our group.

We have stayed at AKV-K and my family really didn’t like the location - to far .....from everything!...and the rooms are so dark...just not our thing. The point cost and 2 baths are spot on but it’s not looking good...I have a bit better luck with Jambo because at least hotel features / food court are near by but not their fave.

Anyone else with experience requesting 2 garden studios close together - particularly at BWV?

Whether that near to each other request will be met is anybody's guess. We have thrice before done that request at BWV and the result was that at least the rooms were on the same floor but they were still quite a distance from each other.

Do you usually do boardwalk or pool views? When we are at BLT and do this we have gotten rooms on the same floor and same wing of the crescent (usually only 2-3 doors down) which would be great - but BLT is not as sprawling as BWV!

Do you usually do boardwalk or pool views? When we are at BLT and do this we have gotten rooms on the same floor and same wing of the crescent (usually only 2-3 doors down) which would be great - but BLT is not as sprawling as BWV!

Once was boardwalk view with one room near the beginning of the boardwalk view rooms when walking down the hallway after you get off the elevator and the other room was near the end of the hallway of the boardwalk view rooms. Once was standard view with the same result. Once was pool/garden view and both rooms overlooked Luna Park Pool area but in opposite directions on the hallway after exiting from the elevator

We are heading to Disney for 5 days in April. We will have 2 people running the Star Wars 5k And 2 running the 10k.

Our home resort is BLT but it’s very expensive this week and we are looking elsewhere. We have previously stayed at OKW, BCV, Poly, AKV-K, AKV-J. One thing that those other stays have taught us is that for our family - the bathroom configurations with their see through glass showers and toilets that share a room are definitely a hinderance for us to get ready in the morning.

We would love to stay at BWV this trip but it seems to have the same bathroom layout as BCV. So - we are debating the option of 2 studios - we would lose laundry but would gain 2 bathrooms and wouldn’t wake up the non-runners on race day.

Here is my question - How likely are we to be able to get studios that aren’t opposite sides of the resort? The few times we have had multiple rooms linked we have been close (2-3 doors away at BLT and OKW), but my sample size is limited.

Has anyone rented 2 studios at BWV? BLT? BCV? SSR? OKW? Can you share your experience?

Maybe I'm missing something here, but 2 garden/view studios at BWV for the dates you want will run you 220 points, a 1 bedroom standard view (which is available right now and you could book today) at your home resort BLT would run you 206 points, and you'd have 2 bathrooms.

Wouldn't it make sense to just book the BLT 1-bedroom standard view with 2 bathrooms and save 14 points?

Also I know it's not your favorite from reading some of the comments, but a 2-bedroom at AKL would be 224 points (only 4 more points than the 2 studios) and you'd have 3 mattresses and 3 bathrooms.

Last edited:
It's also worth noting that the resorts will be packed full on a race weekend. How much they can move or do is going to be very dependent on check-in dates for the people coming for the weekend.

Race weekend and spring break for most of the country...movement is going to be non-existent

Maybe I'm missing something here, but 2 garden/view studios at BWV for the dates you want will run you 220 points, a 1 bedroom standard view (which is available right now and you could book today) at your home resort BLT would run you 206 points, and you'd have 2 bathrooms.

Wouldn't it make sense to just book the BLT 1-bedroom standard view with 2 bathrooms and save 14 points?

Also I know it's not your favorite from reading some of the comments, but a 2-bedroom at AKL would be 224 points (only 4 more points than the 2 studios) and you'd have 3 mattresses and 3 bathrooms.

Glad you pointed this out - there were standard BWV studios available when I started this post!

This morning I found that the 1 bedroom Values at jambo had opened up and I booked one of those from 13-19th so we at least have that if nothing else..not ideal because the fam prefers BWV/BCV locations but super cheap for points and the toilet is separate and it has a shower curtain so everyone can get ready together...will look again at options on Sunday when the real window opens up for 4/15.

Glad you pointed this out - there were standard BWV studios available when I started this post!

This morning I found that the 1 bedroom Values at jambo had opened up and I booked one of those from 13-19th so we at least have that if nothing else..not ideal because the fam prefers BWV/BCV locations but super cheap for points and the toilet is separate and it has a shower curtain so everyone can get ready together...will look again at options on Sunday when the real window opens up for 4/15.

1-bedroom value is like hitting the lottery!! Your plans will all come together!

Glad you found something that will cover it for you at the lower points!

Like someone else pointed out, when I mentioned the SSR 2BR as not that much to upgrade I was comparing to getting 2 BWV pool/garden views. We're at BWV that weekend for the race too and that's what's been available for awhile. So my comparison was 220 for the 2 BWV studios to 234 pts for an SSR 2BR, not comparing SSR 2BR to SSR studio or 1BR. If a standard view studio had shown recently it would have probably been a single room that you saw when someone cancelled.

You know, if the shower just needed a cover at BWV 1BR and you really wanted to stay there you could do something like hang a sheet up some way. I too miss the pony walls in those showers although just to set stuff on and wish they had kept them too.

One thing about PVB for the race too is that it's walking distance to the 10K start. We've stayed at AKV for the race before and it worked just fine too.

If you need 2 bathroom then just try for 2 studios at the same resort or in the same building. It will be fine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter