2 reservations for large group- timing question

TLMAriel

Earning My Ears
We have a group of 8 so when I have been unable to get one reservation, I’ve been doing 2 separate ones. My question is, how far apart can the reservations be and still be seated together? I think we have 4 reservations like this ranging between 5 and 40 minutes apart.

We have a group of 8 so when I have been unable to get one reservation, I’ve been doing 2 separate ones. My question is, how far apart can the reservations be and still be seated together? I think we have 4 reservations like this ranging between 5 and 40 minutes apart.
When you book 2 smaller separate reservations, the restaurant has no way of knowing you are one large group so you are assigned two tables appropriate for each reservation size. There's no way to link the reservations so you will have to ask to be seated together when you check in. The castmembers will do their best, but it is only a request and there is no guarantee. Most of the DW restaurants do not have a large number of larger tables so be prepared to wait longer, or to be seated at adjacent or nearby tables or possibly tables on the opposite sides of the room. Even if you have one reservation for your entire group, there is a possibility that you will not be seated together because of the limited number of large tables.

As far as 5 to 40 minutes apart: if you are hopeful of being seated together, the reservations should be as close together as possible - 15 minutes apart would be the most I would risk. Two reservations 40 minutes apart will not be seated at the same time especially if it is at a popular restaurant or during a busy time. Expect that the 40 minutes later reservation will be asked to return at the time of their reservation.

Keep checking online frequently for a single reservation for your entire group so the restaurant knows the actual size of your group. There is a cancellation thread for each month at the top of this page that you can subscribe to, but be sure to read the rules in the first post. Also, many have had very good luck with the reservation finder on Touring Plans.

40 minutes is a leap, IMO. I have booked 2 ADR's 20 minutes apart, but never more than that. OP- be aware that even if you book 1 ADR there is always a chance your party will be split up. It has happened to my family.

40 minutes is a leap, IMO. I have booked 2 ADR's 20 minutes apart, but never more than that. OP- be aware that even if you book 1 ADR there is always a chance your party will be split up. It has happened to my family.
Thank you! How did it work out being 20 minutes apart?

Yeah, I’m signed up for Mouse - Dining and TP and have kept my eye on the cancellation thread. It’s helped get a couple of closer times but I do still have 2 that are 35 minutes apart. We’ll see what happens. Thank you all!

Thank you! How did it work out being 20 minutes apart?

Each time it was fine. The hostess was able to place us together. W were prepared to hear "no" but it never hurts to ask, so we did. I have this on our upcoming trip. WE will ask, but be prepared to be two separate reservations, at two tables. It has happened when I got the one ADR and we still were seared at two tables. It happens.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts