2 more questions

ericamcl

DIS Veteran
yeah yeah, I have more questions.
I'm almost done though, I promise!

DH surprised me by buying me the Xti today :banana:
He neglected to buy the warranty when he purchased it from Circuit City.
That brings me to my first question...are there any places you can buy warranties from independantly?

2nd question...he bought me 2 CF cards. One is Sandisk (Extreme III) and one is Lexar (Professional). Both are 4 gig....I have always used Sandisk, and with the recovery software that is included with the cards I would prefer to stick to only installing one..I don't want to install both. Is one better than the other? DH seems to be of the opinion that Lexar is better than Sandisk...your opinions?

I can't wait to try my new toy out tomorrow at our nephew's soccer game!! :cool1:

TIA!:goodvibes

They are probably two of the biggest names in flash media. If you are talking about which recovery software is better, why not just install both and if you have a problem with any of your cards you would have at least two different way to attempt recovery.

Kevin

why not check with circuit city to see if you canstill get the warranty,

or get a Mack warranty, I bought 5 year ,mack warranties for my 2 digitals, I bought the warranties on ebay

Check with Circuit City. I could be wrong, but I thought you had up to 1 month after you bought an item to purchase the extended warrenty.

I have both Lexar and Sandisk flash cards. I haven't installed the recovery software though. I still have the disks in a safe place, should I ever need them. In all honestly, I'd probably hire a pro to do any data recovery attempts for me anyway.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter