2 Change or not to change

FreeTime

DIS Veteran
I have booked our 3th 4 day DCL. Originally I had booked Liberty of the Seas but DH thought we should stick with Disney as he feels it is more for the family. Well for some odd reason the 7 day DCL cruise in the same category we have now (9 and a 12) is only $600 more than what I paid for the 4 day. So I am thinking let's switch to the 7 day. But then we won't get to go to MNSSHP and we will have to worry about flying instead of driving to get to the port in time. However, I am starting to think :-)guilty: please don't yell at me about this next comment) that it is a waste of money to go on the 4 day again and just go to Nassau, where I don't want to go. So the just of the long story is, cancel 4 night and book 7 night on DCL, go with original plan and switch back to Liberty where I can get airfare for the same price as DCL and tell DH thats is what happens when he makes me do all of the planning, or stick with the 4 day, afterall we are going on DCL and we know we will have a great time.

Thanks for listening!

If I were you with those choices- I would switch to the 7 day;and still drive-the port is only an hour and a half past WDW. And maybe you could still go to MNSSHP since you're driving?

I would definitely switch to the 7-day. You will have al new ports to explore, shows that you haven't seen, activities onboard that you haven't done, etc. MNSSHP will be there another year but the great deal on the 7-day might not be. I'd say go for it!

Happy sailing

Seven day - always!!!!:cheer2:

If you've only done the shorter cruises, you will LOVE the extra time on the ship. No need to pack up when it seems you just unpacked. No need to try to cram "everything" into just a few days. New shows, more menus, more time to try new things, new ports, etc. etc.:thumbsup2

Good luck with your decision, and either way, have a GREAT time!!:cool1:

I'm not sure what I'm missing in reading over your post - but if you can book a 7 day DCL cruise for only $600 more than a 4 day DCL cruise, then why wouldn't you?! That seems like a pretty simple answer IMO...:confused3 Go for it!!!!

book the 7 day DCL... for only $600 you'll be happier, and feel like you got a steal of a deal... DH will be happy, and you get to go to ports you want to go to! :)

I'm not sure what I'm missing in reading over your post - but if you can book a 7 day DCL cruise for only $600 more than a 4 day DCL cruise, then why wouldn't you?! That seems like a pretty simple answer IMO...:confused3 Go for it!!!!

My kids only get 5 excused days out of school for vacation. If we go on Magic we would have to pay the extra for the airfare, that I would rather not pay, or they would have to miss an extra day of school. I don't know if we could make it to the port in time if we leave at 5PM on Friday. What is the latest that we can check-in? This is why I am considering Liberty as the airfare is included.

Thanks everyone for your comments!

Although you "can" board the ship as late as 4:00 or 4:30, I wouldn't cut it that close. If you can get there comfortably by 2:00 then I think you're reasonably safe, although cutting it close. Mapquest says it's 16 hours from Cleveland (easiest Ohio I could think of) to Cape Canaveral so it's doable but tiring. If you've made the trip before, how long does it usually take?

Also, if your work schedules allow, you might be able to squeeze and extra hour or so by having the car loaded and picking the kids up from school on the way out of town.

Also you could pull your kids out for only a half day or last hour or something like that so they won't miss a full day of school.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter