2 Castles, 2 Send out 2011 & Ring in 2012...12 Days of Christmas

Touring Plan for Day 4
December 29, 2011
IOA, USO & WDW???
It is my plan that the night before we will sit down before going to bed and make a list & plan for how to spend this last morning at Universal...

6:30 am Arrive at gates for Early Entry into WWofHP at 7:00 am
7:00 am WWofHP

*Pick up a Butter Beer from outside cart
*Olivanders Wand Shop (this is our last try for Boo to be picked by a wand...unless I have a kind heart and we extend our tickets 1 more day...then we could go the next morning before officially leaving RPR/USO for WDW and the BWV)
*Make Purchases-I am hoping that my children will have cooperated and really thought about what they want to spend their money on...I am asking that they take pictures throughout the parks with their phones (including the price and location)...and then on our last day make purchases. Lockers are HUGE pains at Universal and I dread carrying packages around...need to check into whether or not gift shops deliver like at WDW...I think they do?!

8:00 am-?????? (1:00 pm)

*Redo anything that the kids want to do again in either park..as for mom...I WANT 1 more ride on the Rip Rocket Roller Coaster!

2:00 (????) Epcot CP or DHS F!/Osborne Lights

I am not sure exactly what time we will leave the parks...it depends on which option I get at WDW for the afternoon? Why go to WDW when we still are officially at RPR. Well...crowds, Candlelight Processional in Epcot or F!/Osborne Lights in DHS. These things are playing heavily on my mind, and I will not know the answer til the end of August (if WDW follows past years in booking Candlelight Processional Tickets).

The CP dates usually run until December 30...that means I have December 29 or December 30th to see this. From what I read the CP is a MUST DO for our family if at all possible, after all the Christmas Story is the reason for the season! So I am going to be flexible and try for tickets for either of these 2 nights (12/29 or 12/30...looking at Beindergarten, Le Cellier, or Tepan Eddo for the dinner package).

I am also thinking of crowd levels in terms of F! and Osborne Lights. Since I know the crowds are going to be crazy and these are 2 things I want to do...I am thinking of heading to DHS late in the afternoon to get these out of the way (not worrying about getting on rides and lines)...then go back to DHS on a day that there is no F! and Osborne Lights are over. I want to get the dinner package at Mama Melrose...while I am not sure about this because they seem to get mixed reviews (I would like to Brown Derby, but the menu does not appeal to the kids and I know later in the week I am going to be pushing it with other Signature Dining Experiences).

So bottom line what is my plan...DHS or Epcot Thursday afternoon! At 180 days I am going to book the F! packages for both the 29th and 30th...then as soon as CP packages go on sale try for wither the 29th or 30th...then cancel one of the F!. I know it is not nice to double book, but I will release it just as soon as I see whether or not I can get the CP.

I say go ahead and double book, yes it's "not nice" but I know that I have been guilty of it and many people probably don't admit to it and do it. I do agree that going to DHS just for the lights and Fatasmic is a great idea, we did this a few years ago, went just to get Fantasmic out of the way and the guys did 1 ride on TOT.

I totally understand where you are coming from in regards to things that other kids do that my children may witness in public schools. I love the sheltered life my kids have in Catholic schools...and the morals they are gaining...that is the #1 reason my children are where they are...I want them to grow up slow!

Thanks for the salad recipe. Sounds perfect for shish kabobs that I am planning for Aladdin night. And the tips for how to cook the cous cous...wow! I knew I could cound on you!

That is the great thing about PTR...learning from each other. I am so glad your family is getting involved in movie nights...even dh :rotfl:..family time is so important...my dh is the grumpiest!

:rotfl2:I was reading your post while my son sat next to me and I started cracking up about your DH being the grumpiest- so of course he asks why I laughed I read it to him.... his response to you "O we should totally have a contest, daddy would kick her husbands butt":lmao: my husband is REALLY grumpy is my point!
Your welcome for the recipe! the shish kabobs sound interesting I should have done something like that! I learned how to cook it like that at this free cooking class williams sonoma puts on Sunday mornings and Monday nights- I learn a lot and it's a win win because I do try to shop there sometimes- even though I have to hide receipts from DH:headache: prices are REALLY high:sad2:, but the stuff is guaranteed and lasts quit a while so I see it as an investment:rolleyes:!

And I am glad that you are learning from me too, now I don't feel so much like I only took and never gave information:rotfl:

Bad service, well I can tolerate but BAD FOOD..well NOT AT ALL! I am a little worried about the menu, but I AM NOT STANDING IN LINE FOR 2 HOURSE to see F!.

I think there are enough things on the menu to make most happy... pasta or pizza for the more down to earth eaters, steak for the heartier appetite and my favorite is the tuna (but it has to be served rare)

I just finished reading your trip report from September last night. :rotfl: I ENJOYED it!!! I so can relate...I am your daughter with little tolerace for people not keeping up with the schedule and social graces. I see my mom in your mom, and well my little sister is you...trying to keep everyone happy!

:goodvibes I can't believe you read through all my ramblings! :worship:

rambling...

Awe... speaking of ramblings... you should have let us read your ramblings... sometimes I get my best planning through ramblings

Just wanted to let you know I stopped by and am reading to catch up with all the planning so far.

Your kids are absolutely adorable and sound like tons of fun! :goodvibes What a great trip!

Love the scavenger hunt idea!!! I wish my DS was old enough to do something like this. We want to eventually surprise him with a trip when he's older but this year he just won't understand. How fun for your family!!! :goodvibes

And the dinner and a movie thing. I am going to do something like that when our trip gets closer. I want to introduce Alex to all the old school movies so he at least has an idea of who's who when we go. I love the alien cup cakes!

:goodvibes I can't believe you read through all my ramblings! :worship:

Awe... speaking of ramblings... you should have let us read your ramblings... sometimes I get my best planning through ramblings

Of course I read through your ramblings and I enjoyed every minute of it! Hit way too close to home with mom-daughter-grandmother situation...:rotfl:

My ramblings the other night were not good enough to share. I was just thinking on which day for CP and which day for F! would be best since we will still be at RPR one night and moving to BWV the other night.

Just wanted to let you know I stopped by and am reading to catch up with all the planning so far.

Your kids are absolutely adorable and sound like tons of fun! :goodvibes What a great trip!

Thank you...I think they are pretty cute...but this week cuteness was not helping them out!

I have finally caught up with yours! Love reading about everyones Christmas planning and reasons for their trips!

Love the scavenger hunt idea!!! I wish my DS was old enough to do something like this. We want to eventually surprise him with a trip when he's older but this year he just won't understand. How fun for your family!!! :goodvibes

And the dinner and a movie thing. I am going to do something like that when our trip gets closer. I want to introduce Alex to all the old school movies so he at least has an idea of who's who when we go. I love the alien cup cakes!

I am busting at the seams not telling them, and hiding the DIS ticker everytime I am on. The computer is in the kitchen...so the kids are constantly around. If we keep the surprise it will be a miracle!

The movie nights are so much fun...and addictive! I am constantly reworking the upcoming one as I find more ideas. I am trying to get atleast 1 a week...this summer when the kids and I are off I plan to do an afternoon one so dh does not have to endure it so much!:laughing:

Thank you...I think they are pretty cute...but this week cuteness was not helping them out!

I have finally caught up with yours! Love reading about everyones Christmas planning and reasons for their trips!

:laughing: I know those days....Alex has been super whiny tonight and it drives me crazy. But he's a good baby most of the time.

Me too!! Thanks for joining in on mine :goodvibes It's fun to hear about other ppls ideas and trips around the same time as yours

I am busting at the seams not telling them, and hiding the DIS ticker everytime I am on. The computer is in the kitchen...so the kids are constantly around. If we keep the surprise it will be a miracle!

The movie nights are so much fun...and addictive! I am constantly reworking the upcoming one as I find more ideas. I am trying to get atleast 1 a week...this summer when the kids and I are off I plan to do an afternoon one so dh does not have to endure it so much!:laughing:

:laughing: I'm picturing you shielding the screen every time one of them comes by when you are on here. GL keeping the surprise.

That's a good idea doing it in the afternoon so your DH doesn't have to watch them all. Are they enjoying so far?

:sad2::sad2::sad2:I feel like I have a case of the Disney Blues...I am so tired of planning without a point. Since I don't know the park hours, then I don't know the days, and then I don't know which ADRs. I can't even think Universal anymore because that all hindges on the SW schedule. After months of having fun "thinking and dreaming" I find myself finding no point anymore in preplanning without something called CALENDAR! Does anyone else feel this way? :sad2::sad2::sad2:

I know a lot of my issues have to do with the end of the school year...I have so much on my plate with school closing, summer school curriculum writing, a thesis paper and video documentary of my math recovery journey, plus all the end of the year stuff for my kids. Money seems to be flying out of my wallet left and right...$10 here, $50 there...when I know I need to be saving for our trip. I need to pay for dining midJune and WDW tickets by the end of July (WDW usually raises ticket prices the beginning of August).

:rotfl2:I was reading your post while my son sat next to me and I started cracking up about your DH being the grumpiest- so of course he asks why I laughed I read it to him.... his response to you "O we should totally have a contest, daddy would kick her husbands butt":lmao: my husband is REALLY grumpy is my point!

:lmao:Maybe we should have a contest...the grumpy spirit seems to be hanging around our house lately!

:sad2::sad2::sad2:I feel like I have a case of the Disney Blues...I am so tired of planning without a point. Since I don't know the park hours, then I don't know the days, and then I don't know which ADRs. I can't even think Universal anymore because that all hindges on the SW schedule. After months of having fun "thinking and dreaming" I find myself finding no point anymore in preplanning without something called CALENDAR! Does anyone else feel this way? :sad2::sad2::sad2:

YES!!! this December trip is just killing me with the wait. I HATE not being able to really speculate as to where we will be, i need HOURS and a CALENDAR!!!!

I know a lot of my issues have to do with the end of the school year...I have so much on my plate with school closing, summer school curriculum writing, a thesis paper and video documentary of my math recovery journey, plus all the end of the year stuff for my kids. Money seems to be flying out of my wallet left and right...$10 here, $50 there...when I know I need to be saving for our trip. I need to pay for dining midJune and WDW tickets by the end of July (WDW usually raises ticket prices the beginning of August).

Okay like you have read, this is my first trip so I will try to comfort you and then I will bombard you with questions!
Comfort part- I feel the same sometimes! I am so nervous about evening trying to guess the park hours (I have actually sat there and compared park hours with different months and last year and Oh they always have EMH for this park on Monday and then the next month comes out and all of that was capooey out the window! So I think that we should breath and just look at it like this- no matter what happens at least we will have a heads up over those that do NO planning! So friend, I am here for you :hug:and I think that with the school and money if you just try to stay near budget and schedule you'll feel better and get/save more!
Bombarding part I promised :laughing:- If I have the tickets booked and most of it paid for are you saying that the price might still go up in August? Because I was paying a little every month an the travel agent said to wait on paying anymore until closer to your date that way if they offer free dining/room discount you'll get a discount instead of a refund- BUT if they might raise the prices then I want that bad boy paid off before they can! :confused3

:lmao:Maybe we should have a contest...the grumpy spirit seems to be hanging around our house lately!

It's on... any night but tonight, grumpy walked in the door, mumbled and went to bed without even eating! But he'd probably even win feeling like this! :rotfl:

Okay like you have read, this is my first trip so I will try to comfort you and then I will bombard you with questions!

So friend, I am here for you :hug:and I think that with the school and money if you just try to stay near budget and schedule you'll feel better and get/save more!

Thanks Friend...just filling a little low and tired tonight! I have been in this unmotivated mood lately (which is VERY UNLIKE ME)...I can't focus or get anything done! I am not a procrastinator and that is exactly what I am doing...driving myself nuts!!!

Bombarding part I promised :laughing:- If I have the tickets booked and most of it paid for are you saying that the price might still go up in August? Because I was paying a little every month an the travel agent said to wait on paying anymore until closer to your date that way if they offer free dining/room discount you'll get a discount instead of a refund- BUT if they might raise the prices then I want that bad boy paid off before they can! :confused3

I am a different situation. I am renting DVC points for our hotel/villa stay. I had to pay the entire villa portion to the owner at booking. Thank goodness I had bee saving...our lodging is paid for. To add the dining plan, that all has to be paid for in FULL at the time I add the dining plan to our reservation (almost $2000). This really needs to be done before the 180 window opens because sometimes transferring CRT from credit card (they charge you when you book) to the dining plan you do not get refunded quickly and sometimes the CM does not want to transfer the reservation and tries to book you and there are no other openings...yes this happened to me last summer! I did get CRT but it took days of scoping out the ADR page! As for the tickets, well there is no discount when you are renting (or owning) a DVC villa...I need to pay for the tickets BEFORE the price goes up (again speculation but it seems to be historcially correct to assume they will go up again....YOU ARE SAFE...ONCE YOU BOOK A PACKAGE THE PRICE IS SET!!! NO NEED TO WORRY

It's on... any night but tonight, grumpy walked in the door, mumbled and went to bed without even eating! But he'd probably even win feeling like this! :rotfl:

Mine got grumpy that I did not want to go to Mass tonight...I am just too tired and worn out from the week to go and listen to our priest be long winded and walk out of church grumpy when I should be peaceful. He and dd took off and I am home with the boys.

I know what you mean about being at a standstill in the planning. I definately felt like that after my ADR's were done. That's where the theme nights took over, I was able to obsess over those instead of our trip, lol.

I also can feel you on the money issue. Even though it may not seem like it with all of my pre trip shopping, I have been trying to watch what I spend because I know how I get down there:goodvibes. But every time I turn around there are soccer and baseball fees and with that comes new equiment because God forbid Christian use the same $150 bat he got last year:scared1: And then there are feild trips, pool memberships, the list goes on and on!

I can so understand! I have days like that. I have a nice spreadsheet... but until those actual dates come in... :confused3 I did look at a site that had predicted hours and such... have you seen that? Maybe it would help a bit. http://touringplans.com/walt-disney-world/crowd-calendar

I need to actually subscribe... but for now it gave me a bit of "hopeful" information.

Thank you for the information! I hope that you feel better! Just think you'll have another movie night any day now and feel a little better cooking with your DD and making up a craft and everything like that!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter