1st Time! MUST ride and eats!

ksawano

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone!

I am visiting both Universal Orlando parks in one day this December and I would like recommendations on rides/restaurants!
This will be my first time going to Universal in Orlando (I've been in Japan and in CA) and we will also have early entry thanks to staying on-site.
We both understand that it isn't realistic to expect being able to ride every single attraction which is why we will be getting the express pass to maximize our experience.
My boyfriend (who I am going with) and I LOVE rollercoasters and neither of us are picky or have any dietary restrictions so ANY ride/restaurant recommendations are welcome!

Thank you!

You will want to do the newest coasters: VelociCoaster and Hagrid’s motorbike in IoA. Also do HP and Forbidden Journey aka Hogwarts Castle ride. You also want to hit the Hulk and Jurassic Park River Adventure.

On Universal side: Explore Diagon Alley do the Gringotts ride,coasters: Mummy and Rip Rocket.

Foodwise: try the butterbeer. Eat at one of the HP quick services or go out to CityWalk for Cowfish.

Bumblebee Man's Taco Truck is great. The banana icee's are one of my favorite Universal Orlando treats. I'm a big fan of the ice-cream in Diagon Ally. I like the tamer/non-coaster rides (Minion Mayehm, the King Kong ride, ET, MIB. ) I enjoy Forbidden Journey.

Velocicoaster and Hagrids are a must. If you have limited time or want to do just one screen ride I think Spiderman is the best. Transformers is very similar. Thunder Falls terrace has good counter service in IOA and the crepe stand in US is good. Check out the where to eat thread for citywalk restaurant reviews.

Must eat: Florean Fortescue’s Ice Cream in Diagon Alley. Highly recommend the Granny Smith apple or the Earl grey &lavender.
Must Eat Quick Service; Leaky Cauldron Lunch and breakfast are fantastic but you need to reserve and prepay for breakfast. Simpsons Fast Food Boulevard is also excellent and has a wide array of choices.
Must Eat Table Service: if you are there all day into night, I recommend eating dinner at either Big Fire or Antojitos and then grabbing doughnuts from Voodoo Doughnuts for dessert.

Must Do rides UOR: Gringotts, MIB, E.T, Simpsons, Minions and Shrek if you are there before it closes

Must Do Rides IOA: Spider-Man, Forbidden Journey, Jurassic Park River Adventure, Dudley Do Right, Cat in the Hat (I have not ridden Hagrids or Velocicoaster).
The My Universal Photos package is also worth it imho.

Must do: any and everything in Diagon Alley, and Hagrid's in Hogsmeade. Hogwards express both ways if huge HP fans, non HP: anything you haven't done in Hollywood. Love MiB, Simpsons (makes me so sick, but still funny,) Mummy. IoA: Velocicoaster, Spiderman, Hulk
Food: if you want HP full experience, Leaky Cauldron or Three Broomsticks. Don't have any other must dos, but if just looking for food to fill your tummy: THunder falls, NBC cafe, Finnegans. on CW: Cowfish, or Bigfire were good enough, and we love Voodoo donuts, but if I had to choose between parks/rides vs food, I'd not spend a lot of time on food.
Also must do things like Florian's for ice cream, (I love the clotted cream,) everyone else enjoyed softservce butterbeer ice cream, frozen or regular butterbeer, other adult brews from the Hogs Head.
Have a great trip!!

Must do: any and everything in Diagon Alley, and Hagrid's in Hogsmeade. Hogwards express both ways if huge HP fans, non HP: anything you haven't done in Hollywood. Love MiB, Simpsons (makes me so sick, but still funny,) Mummy. IoA: Velocicoaster, Spiderman, Hulk
Food: if you want HP full experience, Leaky Cauldron or Three Broomsticks. Don't have any other must dos, but if just looking for food to fill your tummy: THunder falls, NBC cafe, Finnegans. on CW: Cowfish, or Bigfire were good enough, and we love Voodoo donuts, but if I had to choose between parks/rides vs food, I'd not spend a lot of time on food.
Also must do things like Florian's for ice cream, (I love the clotted cream,) everyone else enjoyed softservce butterbeer ice cream, frozen or regular butterbeer, other adult brews from the Hogs Head.
Have a great trip!!
Ooh Ice cream! I will definitely be adding that to the list of places to eat! Thank you!!🙂

Must do rides:

IOA:
Hagrid’s Motorbike Adventure
Jurassic Park Velocicoaster
Incredible Hulk Coaster

Universal Studios:
Rip Ride Rockit (request the front row)
The Mummy Coaster
Diagon Alley (Gringott’s coaster)

Food:

Leaky Cauldron (US)
Toothsome Chocolate Emporium
Cowfish

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter