1st ecv use: the good and the bad

Pats Dragon

DIS Veteran
My first trip in an ecv is very enlightening. I have new respect for anyone that has to use one all of the time. My advice is to stay on the monorail rather than try the buses. I had one amazing bus driver and several really nice ones but the stress of maneuvering onto the ramps was awful. The monorails were smooth most of the time with the cm's communicating which car needed a ramp. Just be careful, because you need more power to get up the ramp and then sometimes the ecv rushed forward once it left the incline. I was surprised at the surge and was horrified that I came close to hurting an infant in a stroller. Warning though!! One cm was talking to his buddy (at the Poly) and finally brought the ramp and tossed it down half on and if I hadn't noticed there would have been an accident. Luckily I had a man with me who fixed it because that cm had walked away to finish his conversation. Also, elevators cannot be managed alone. I couldn't reach the buttons and they closed on me as I backed out!!! I am going to rent an ecv in the parks if I need one again.

Thanks Pats Dragon,

I always like to hear of people's first time experiences with an ECV at WDW.
I'll be experiencing WDW for the first time (at all) in January, but also in an ECV :).

Mike.

One thing that I try to do everytime I use an elevator with my ECV, is to turn around in there if possible and drive straight out. It can be tricky though. If there looks like there is others trying to use the elevator too behind me. I angle my scooter length wise across the back. It makes it a bit easier to get out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter