15% off Target store wide coupon

This is not an acceptable way to do business. I got 2 of the coupons texted to me last night with 10/31 expirations. Today they have take them away. What!? I wish I had added them to my Apple wallet last night but I never remeber to use things I add to it, so I didn’t. I am not sure I will shop at target anymore if they don’t fix this.
Oh bummer! Did they disable the web pages that show your coupons or something?

Ah well. One less Target customer.

I don't think it's that serious, but agree to disagree.

I'm glad peoples orders are shipping. I'm picking my order up later today.
The beauty of America...we all get to choose what companies to support. I hardly go there anyways so no loss for me or them.:P

yep...comes up as unavailable . Bummer. Too good to be true.
Weird thing is I didn’t think it was too good to be true when I texted for the coupon. I assumed it was to compete with prime day. I had no idea all the drama behind it until I saw this morning where people took advantage of stacking the coupons. That idea never even occurred to me.

Weird thing is I didn’t think it was too good to be true when I texted for the coupon. I assumed it was to compete with prime day. I had no idea all the drama behind it until I saw this morning where people took advantage of stacking the coupons. That idea never even occurred to me.

I sent an email to the address that comes up where the coupon used to load. I am curious what the response will be. Could be as big of a PR disaster as the Build a Bear mess if they don't honor those coupons, or send 10% off ones in place of them or something along those lines.

I sent an email to the address that comes up where the coupon used to load. I am curious what the response will be. Could be as big of a PR disaster as the Build a Bear mess if they don't honor those coupons, or send 10% off ones in place of them or something along those lines.

Now when you click the coupon link, it no longer even comes up with an email to send inquiries to. Just "This program has been cancelled".

I didn't either. I assumed it was a Prime Day deal since all the stores are competing and Target was actually one of the ones I kept hearing would be making a big play to compete. I texted and got one of each coupon. I wasn't trying to go crazy and put the place in the red lol.

I'm with you. I think taking coupons away that they gave previously is a very poor way to treat their customers. I've pretty much quit shopping there since they took away GC>GC. Their prices are higher and selection isn't as good (in my area).

Question... did any of you actually get this coupon code from Target directly? Not a message board, but an actual communication with Target?

From what I can tell, this was fishy from the get-go. Like Target got hacked. Fake Target coupons float the internet all the time.

Often Target will have deals where you text a word to Target (82838). Such as “Food” and get a $10 off coupon. But these coupons are also in the store ad, or otherwise free for the general public to get from Target.

Text some secret random numbers because a random person on a message board knows about a super-secret coupon? (but no one at Target)??? Yeah, that’s fishy.

Congrats if it worked for you. But you can’t really blame target for taking something away that they never gave you in the first place.

You have a valid argument if you got the code from Target. But if you got it from some stranger on the internet? I don’t see how Target owes you for what is likely a fake coupon. Take your ire out on whoever gave you the silly code (if you think it’s worth getting angry over at all)

Question... did any of you actually get this coupon code from Target directly? Not a message board, but an actual communication with Target?

From what I can tell, this was fishy from the get-go. Like Target got hacked. Fake Target coupons float the internet all the time.

Often Target will have deals where you text a word to Target (82838). Such as “Food” and get a $10 off coupon. But these coupons are also in the store ad, or otherwise free for the general public to get from Target.

Text some secret random numbers because a random person on a message board knows about a super-secret coupon? (but no one at Target)??? Yeah, that’s fishy.

Congrats if it worked for you. But you can’t really blame target for taking something away that they never gave you in the first place.

You have a valid argument if you got the code from Target. But if you got it from some stranger on the internet? I don’t see how Target owes you for what is likely a fake coupon. Take your ire out on whoever gave you the silly code (if you think it’s worth getting angry over at all)

Yeah I agree more or less, and only went through with attempting it once I knew that the number to text it to was actually Target's. They don't actually owe anyone the coupon, but an explanation would be good customer service, as whatever it is they set up, it worked for people. Controls should have been put in place on their end. Once again, I can understand them not wanting to throw money away, but it should also be expected that they not tease people either.

And, with that said, it's frustrating to hear that it worked, even abusively so, by some people, but then it was pulled out from others. It almost encourages dishonesty and rushing ahead of others in order to stick it to people. As someone else said, this should go on the "this is why we can't have nice things" thread.

It wasnt in the ad, but then again this isn't the first time this has happened with Target. This seems similar to the candy deal that happened last year where you had to text something to Target. Target eventually killed that one too. The bad thing for Target is this was all over the web and it was the legitimate Target number to text to get the code, so many people probably didnt think it was anything bad since they are texting the official Target number like all other deals in the past. I think this was a legit deal but the stacking of multiple coupons wasn't supposed to happen. You can still purchase using the codes online/instore if you still have the screenshot with bar codes, but Target has killed the option of stacking multiple codes online.

It wasnt in the ad, but then again this isn't the first time this has happened with Target. This seems similar to the candy deal that happened last year where you had to text something to Target. Target eventually killed that one too. The bad thing for Target is this was all over the web and it was the legitimate Target number to text to get the code, so many people probably didnt think it was anything bad since they are texting the official Target number like all other deals in the past. I think this was a legit deal but the stacking of multiple coupons wasn't supposed to happen. You can still purchase using the codes online/instore if you still have the screenshot with bar codes, but Target has killed the option of stacking multiple codes online.

Thank you!!

That's the part that feels shady to me. Why let it work for some random people, but pull it away from others?

A lot of these Qs have limits. The ones advertised in the paper are unlimited but a high value Q almost always has a cut off.

TBH, I stacked and I don't feel bad about it. I applied coupons they gave me and the coupons worked. Should I read the fine print on everything? Sure. But I don't. It's not my responsibility to police Target's coupons. If they cancelled my order, I'd understand and not complain, but they didn't. All I did was type in promo codes and the codes worked. I didn't think much farther into it. But again, if they were like "nope sorry," I'd be like "okay cool, I get that".

I only bought laundry detergent and paper towels though, so whatever.

TBH, I stacked and I don't feel bad about it. I applied coupons they gave me and the coupons worked. Should I read the fine print on everything? Sure. But I don't. It's not my responsibility to police Target's coupons. If they cancelled my order, I'd understand and not complain, but they didn't. All I did was type in promo codes and the codes worked. I didn't think much farther into it. But again, if they were like "nope sorry," I'd be like "okay cool, I get that".

I only bought laundry detergent and paper towels though, so whatever.

I don't think anybody should blame you for getting what's yours. If they didn't want you to stack them, it's not that hard to program against it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter