15 % discount on future 2017 DCL cruise

I completely agree with you, we had an amazing time! The ship was empty and we could do anything and mostly we enjoyed the time talking to the crew throughout the ship as they actually had time to stop and talk. I heard people had complained and received additional stateroom credit. I got home and couldn't think of a single thing to complain about as we had an amazing family vacation together. One family told us they used this as a teaching moment for their children, sometimes in life things don't go as you planned, but you pick yourself up and keep going and have fun. We did exactly that! And because of that amazing time we are now going to go to Europe next summer on a cruise. Thank you DCL!

Wow that's awesome! I want to do a Europe one so badly.

I completely agree with you, we had an amazing time! The ship was empty and we could do anything and mostly we enjoyed the time talking to the crew throughout the ship as they actually had time to stop and talk. I heard people had complained and received additional stateroom credit. I got home and couldn't think of a single thing to complain about as we had an amazing family vacation together. One family told us they used this as a teaching moment for their children, sometimes in life things don't go as you planned, but you pick yourself up and keep going and have fun. We did exactly that! And because of that amazing time we are now going to go to Europe next summer on a cruise. Thank you DCL!

We witnessed many people complaining LOUDLY at GS on this cruise. The first day a woman was beside herself yelling at the GS folks. They actually took her to the side and someone came out from the back to talk to her but she still was using language not appropriate in public. I won't post actual words used but the gist of the complaint was that Disney duped her into taking the cruise and Disney can kiss my (***) if they think they are getting away with this, etc. It was ridiculous.

MJ

We witnessed many people complaining LOUDLY at GS on this cruise. The first day a woman was beside herself yelling at the GS folks. They actually took her to the side and someone came out from the back to talk to her but she still was using language not appropriate in public. I won't post actual words used but the gist of the complaint was that Disney duped her into taking the cruise and Disney can kiss my (***) if they think they are getting away with this, etc. It was ridiculous.

MJ

I'm a little confused. I thought there was notice given (albeit not WAY in advance) and people WERE given the chance to cancel and get a refund - or reschedule the cruise. Did I remember that wrong?

I get that people had made plans, etc. but there were other options given. It definitely seems petty and money-grubbing to pass up those options, go on the cruise as it was, and then complain that they were "duped". Welcome to America I guess... :rolleyes2

I'm a little confused. I thought there was notice given (albeit not WAY in advance) and people WERE given the chance to cancel and get a refund - or reschedule the cruise. Did I remember that wrong?

I get that people had made plans, etc. but there were other options given. It definitely seems petty and money-grubbing to pass up those options, go on the cruise as it was, and then complain that they were "duped". Welcome to America I guess... :rolleyes2

No there were options given. I think people will complain no matter what. My husband and I discussed what we would do if this happens next year and we would go because we just love being on the ship.

Yes, she had the option to cancel with full refund. I don't believe flights were involved either.

MJ

Wow that's awesome! I want to do a Europe one so badly.
We did an OBB for a 5 night Baja but now we are on the 11 night Fjord and Iceland!! We never would have done this without the doubled up discount. We are really excited. We figured we would take advantage and book something the prices would have never really allowed us to do. We are so excited especially when talking to the crew, this was their unanimous favorite.

I don't know how others feel about their cruise but I was on the rerouted 10/7 Magic cruise. Before DCL extended this "Thank You" offer, I thought that the people who opted to take the full refund had been treated better than the people who opted to cruise with Disney. Yes, ports are not guaranteed. However, we were on the Canada cruise immediately preceding this rescheduled one and the second one was a mess in comparison. I understand it was unusual circumstances and the crew on the ship was left without support from DCL headquarters because the offices in Celebration were closed (and that really showed in their poor offerings of excursions in the ports). But I still paid full price for a vacation and I don't think they delivered (and I was not among the group onboard that complained all week about the change in dining/show times!) So I appreciate the gesture of the discount although I doubt we'll be able to take advantage of it since our 2017 cruises are already booked with OBB discounts.

Good to know you noticed as well. I had only been on a 4n Dream cruise before and I found the 10/7 cruise rather lacking in activities and characters at times. I saw the previous cruise to Canada right before ours had Marvel meet and greets and just more characters and activities etc. I had a few other complaints about excursions etc and I was certainly more stressed with the huge repacking effort less than 24 hours before we left and the constant shuffling of reservations on board when things were changed (like pirate night with no announcement, just changed in the app and one of us finally noticed or sitting waiting for karaoke that happened an hour before). Also our Ta thought we would be able to use the pools but it was just too cold for us and way too sloshy on sea days in the pools for the kids (and I am still waiting on getting in an adult pool after 2 cruises - but that is my own fault).

Now we certainly enjoyed the ease of elevator use and our kids were front row on the all the deck parties and Halloween shows etc, so it was certainly not ALL bad or a complete waste of a vacation. Servers/bartenders and kids club staff were excellent for us as always.

We did not complain much on board either. I did ask about marvel characters or other princesses and was told no. I expressed my disappointment but didn't ask to talk to a manager or complain loudly. I also had already lost time on boat to picking out new excursions, rebooking multiple times for mixology classes or Palo brunch and dinner to not conflict with other things now being shifted and I also had no idea if was just how things went on the Magic and maybe we are happier on the bigger boats. I thought they should have moved the shows to 6 though - we almost always ended up arriving at dinner late and if I had the earlier seating (we did not) because my kids were small I do not know if we would have eaten in the MDRs that much - which was not something people knew about before the cruise and could have decided to cancel about.

I am very surprised they did not extend this offer to the other affected sailings. I know you got an extra day but the chaos and replanning that caused probably took away much of the fun that extra day would give to them.

ETA: We booked the Fantasy 7n eastern for next year the same time. I didn't want to take a chance on the Magic again and I think the kids will enjoy the Fantasy pools/AquaDunk more.

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter