• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

145 Middle Schoolers: Wicked Awesome or Epic Fail???DeParting-Such Sweet Sorrow p. 76

Oh, yes, AI is a great place to sit on a hot day. It's cool, and the seats are mostly comfortable.

From selling ice-cream to an imagineer is pretty impressive! That's what I'm going to do in my second life! :laughing:

OOPS! I missed replying to your post in the last round. Sorry about that!

The AI theatre is gorgeous. The airconditioning is nice, but it had rained shortly before we went in, and the temperature was a little too cold for my taste. I don't love the big differential between the heat outside and the indoor chill.

I imagine that there may have been a couple of other postions in between ice cream vendor and Imagineer, which is fantastic because I believe that having many different jobs in a place of employment make someone more successful in whatever career they end up in.

I love watching the AI shows at DHS. But then we are big fans at home too. We always hope we'll recognize one of the singers in our show on the actual television show. Hasn't happened yet. Ah, well. We'll have to try again!

How fun to have a Q&A with an Imagineer!

We used to watch AI, but we have missed the past couple of seasons.

Meet the Imagineer was my favorite part of the Y.E.S program. So unique!

I really like how Ben thinks. I remember trying that once on my parents. It didn't work either. GO BEN!!!

Ben is too smart for his own good (or ours), but the blackmail is not going to work.

I'm another one who has never been inside the American Idol Theater. :confused3 It's funny because we used to watch Idol at home.

That sounds like a great presentation and a great message for kids to hear! :thumbsup2

Amanda

I can't get my boys into the shows at Disney (Lion King, Nemo) or Universal (Horror Makeup Show or Beetlejuice), so I know there is absolutely no hope of ever getting them to watch Idol.

A lot of great messages in that presentation-

Never give up
Nothing is impossible
Work hard at what you love

Wow, the DHS Yes class sounds spectacular! Alex sounds like an amazing speaker (I love all three of those books).

Do you know what would happen if there was a scaredy cat (like me) who didn't want to ride ToT?

I love how your "sleep in" time is 5:30 a.m. and there are nights when I'm still awake at that time. :lmao:

I have the Magic Kingdom Guide (yard sale purchase :woohoo:), but not the other two, so I will have to pick those up. Especially the one for EPCOT since that park especially fascinates me.

Our teacher/tour leader Donna did not go on any of the rides with us, so if a student (or chaperone) wanted to sit out, they could. I just looked at the redneck ride photo, and it looks like 12 of our boys rode, so 2 sat out.

My body is just used to getting up early every.single.day. Mark leaves for work shortly after 5 every morning, so I get up with him and my body just can't adjust to sleeping later than that.

clearly I have been living under a rock - I JUST thought about your trip and read your entire TR so far. I am so sorry I'm such a DIS slacker!!!

Your first day definitely had me stressed out just reading about it - 20 people yikes!

I cannot wait to read the rest! :)

:welcome:

Glad to have you here!

20 people in our group was too many! I'm looking forward to future trips with just the 4 in my family. That will be so much easier!

I was wondering about what happened if someone didn't want to ride (that would have been my DS15) and how that would effect the lesson.

I was wondering about what happened if someone didn't want to ride (that would have been my DS15) and how that would effect the lesson.

I'm pretty sure everyone went through the queue line until we got to the place where the ride is loaded. So everyone got to see the detailing of the attraction which was a lot of what we talked about.

:yay:I got caught up. Been feeling under the weather and had to play catch up all the way back from the pool time, but I did it. Loving the TR.

I would love to take the YES program at DHS. Love the ToT. Jacob wouldn't do it though.:sad1:

:yay:I got caught up. Been feeling under the weather and had to play catch up all the way back from the pool time, but I did it. Loving the TR.

I would love to take the YES program at DHS. Love the ToT. Jacob wouldn't do it though.:sad1:

Hope you are ok!

Glad to have you back and caught up (for now).

I was much happier with this class than the one at MK.

The last part of our Y.E.S class was a ride on RockNRoller Coaster!

To be honest, I can't remember too much of the buildup or connection- I guess more theming stuff and I think that there was some discussion about what a technological breakthrough the attraction is.

Whatever!

Love Aerosmith. Love Rollercoasters. Helloooo!?!

RNR was Nate's threshold coaster. Once he conquered this, there is no coaster he won't ride. It is his favorite ride at Disney. Ben has not been on yet, but says he will next time we go.

I don't have a lot of commentary here- just pictures.

But I will share one story. Aerosmith was my very first concert. My dad dropped my brother and me off at the Portland, Maine Civic Center. Can't remember who the opening act was but 2 songs into the show, Steven Tyler passed out. Concert over!

Of course this was in the days before cell phones, but we were able to connect with my dad later in the evening.

Now, Walk This Way with me...

To the Forum!

P11100512.jpg

P1110052.jpg

IMG_0865.jpg

IMG_0867.jpg

IMG_0870.jpg

P1110054.jpg

P1110055.jpg

P1110056.jpg

P1110058.jpg

P1110059.jpg

P1110061.jpg

IMG_0872.jpg

A few random pictures from the gift shop:

P1110062.jpg

P1110063.jpg

P1110064.jpg

IMG_0874.jpg

I believe everyone in our group rode RNR.

We got to experience two of the best attractions at Hollywood Studios and we had the unique opportunity to spend some time with an Imagineer.

I give this class at Disney :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Up Next: May the Force Be With Me!

Love the RnR queue pictures! I have to say that is one set of pictures I do not have yet. I always get a littler "nervy" right before RnR, so I find myself preoccupied with storing my phone, my sunglasses, my camera, and whatever else I have with me. Last time I was there I wished I had just left my camera out until the end, but NO! Doh! :headache:

I do love the ride, although I have to avoid the back seats because it jerks me around too much. I'm golden in the middle seats! :thumbsup2

ddluvsdisney said:

Yes. There is an elevator (kinda ironic) in the middle of the load area that takes you to the exit. Somewhere near the gift shop.

Love the pictures in this update. My family has never ridden on RnR. I'm guessing it is that upside down car that scares us off.

It is fun to get a glimpse at another area I haven't made it to.

Thanks

Oh my goodness, what an Aerosmith story!!!!!!!!!:rotfl:

It is one of my favorites in the entire world. Once I discovered single rider line on the last girls trip...I'm not sure I'll ever be the same, I kept getting off and back on and round and round and round!

:love::love::love: RnRC!!! well except for the 15 yo chicken in the family.
I never take any pics while waiting either I think it's b/c I'm a little jittery watching all the take offs. No matter how much I love this ride I still get butterflies in my stomache waiting in line :laughing:

Mission Space Orange!
:sick:

Dinosaur!
:scared1:

Love that they used RnR for the lesson. I am a chicken and would not go last time but I will go next trip (I keep promising myself).

I agree with Mission Space: Orange--NO way could I do this. DH did it once and said never again. I have done Dinosaur but not a fan. I love everything else at Disney!!!

Did kids have the otpion of not riding it then? I would assume it wouldn't be the ride everyone would want to ride.

Hi Dee! RnR is such a great ride! Disney really hit a high note when they got Aerosmith to partner with for this attraction! ::yes:: Definitely one of our "must do" rides at DHS. :thumbsup2

Sounds like an awesome class at Disney! Although those are the only two rides at Disney I don't ride lol. I'm glad you and Nate had a good time.

Great update! I would give this class two thumbs up as well, sounds like a great time!

Can't wait to see where you go next!

Love the RnR queue pictures! I have to say that is one set of pictures I do not have yet. I always get a littler "nervy" right before RnR, so I find myself preoccupied with storing my phone, my sunglasses, my camera, and whatever else I have with me. Last time I was there I wished I had just left my camera out until the end, but NO! Doh! :headache:

I do love the ride, although I have to avoid the back seats because it jerks me around too much. I'm golden in the middle seats! :thumbsup2

I think taking pictures actually helps me with my nerves. It gives me something else to focus (HA! :rotfl:) on.

Fortunately, my little point and shoot is very easy to stow away in my ever-so-fashionable fanny pack.

I haven't taken pictures on the actual rides for RnR or Space Mtn, but I will work up the nerve someday. I did take pictures on EE later in the trip, and I don't regret it!

Yes. There is an elevator (kinda ironic) in the middle of the load area that takes you to the exit. Somewhere near the gift shop.

It cracks me up that the chicken exit for the elevator ride is an elevator!

There was a thread awhile ago from someone who had an elevator phobia but wanted to go through the queue line. I don't remember the recommendations, but I suppose you could go back the wrong way through the line.

Love the pictures in this update. My family has never ridden on RnR. I'm guessing it is that upside down car that scares us off.

It is fun to get a glimpse at another area I haven't made it to.

Thanks

I'm glad I could show you something you haven't experienced. Maybe later I will post more pictures of the queue line/preshow from previous trips so you can see those.

Oh my goodness, what an Aerosmith story!!!!!!!!!:rotfl:

It is one of my favorites in the entire world. Once I discovered single rider line on the last girls trip...I'm not sure I'll ever be the same, I kept getting off and back on and round and round and round!

I am also familiar with the SRL- I don't think Nate tried RnR until our 2010 trip, so Mark and I needed to use the SRL if we wanted to ride.

Now we either split up or use FP.

Mission Space Orange!
:sick:

Dinosaur!
:scared1:

I'm fine with Dinosaur, but NO WAY JOSE on Mission Space: Orange!

I also won't attempt Tea Cups. My first (and possibly last) ride on Astro Orbitors made me queasy, but there are great photo ops up there, so I may ride it again. I did OK on my one ride on Primevil Whirl.

:love::love::love: RnRC!!! well except for the 15 yo chicken in the family.
I never take any pics while waiting either I think it's b/c I'm a little jittery watching all the take offs. No matter how much I love this ride I still get butterflies in my stomache waiting in line :laughing:

The fear factor is definitely ramped up watching those limos take off!

Love that they used RnR for the lesson. I am a chicken and would not go last time but I will go next trip (I keep promising myself).

I agree with Mission Space: Orange--NO way could I do this. DH did it once and said never again. I have done Dinosaur but not a fan. I love everything else at Disney!!!

I think all of the kids went on it.

ITA on Orange!

Did kids have the otpion of not riding it then? I would assume it wouldn't be the ride everyone would want to ride.

Correct- the kids did not have to ride anything they didn't want to. The tour leader/Y.E.S instructor Donna did not ride, so any of the boys could sit out if they wanted to. I think 2 boys did not ride ToT, but all of the boys went on RnR, at least on this round.

Hi Dee! RnR is such a great ride! Disney really hit a high note when they got Aerosmith to partner with for this attraction! ::yes:: Definitely one of our "must do" rides at DHS. :thumbsup2

Disney + Aerosmith = Cool!

They may not be the best role models, but their music totally rocks!

Sounds like an awesome class at Disney! Although those are the only two rides at Disney I don't ride lol. I'm glad you and Nate had a good time.

This was a really great morning. Nate and I did have a good time, individually. We didn't really hang out together during most of the trip.

Even if you skipped the two rides, just experiencing the Imagineer Meet and Greet would be worth it.

Great update! I would give this class two thumbs up as well, sounds like a great time!

Can't wait to see where you go next!

Thanks!

I really did enjoy this class, and I know when I spoke to the administrators and teachers afterwards, they were impressed, too.

As to where we go next, my next update is "May the Force Be With Me", so...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter