14-day Ultimate Ticket Expiry Date?

Eeyore's Tailfinder

DIS Veteran
I feel really silly posting this question as I had no doubts until today!

I have a 6-night package with 14-day Ultimate Tickets (booked via Disney UK for the dining credit deal). After I check out from that hotel, I have 2 more room-only stays that I was going to use the ticket for (booked via Disney US) - I've been able to sort my park passes and Genie+ with no problems and everything's showing up on MDE.

On MDE, our tickets say "valid through 17/8" (my package check-out date), which has me really nervous. It's also annoying as I'm currently unable to book DAS advance selections for most of my trip (they say until I check into AKL and tickets are activated), but it's not as big of an issue as the tickets not working!

I know that these are the "old" style and the 14 days need to be used consecutively (this is fine!), but someone please reassure me they won't expire day after check-out and we'll be able to use them for the full 14 days!

AIUI the valid date is the last day you can start the 14 days. Ie. If you haven't used it by then - you can't.

I get what you mean. I have 14 day tickets but because I check out after 10 nights the ticket actually saying valid until the check out date (23rd), when really they should be valid until 14 days after first use (27th). I wondered if it is because you can use the tickets in a different way when staying onsite i.e. booking some attractions at 7am instead of park opening, entering the parks early. However, after all that I can't say I know the answer, but I understand the problem fully. My only suggestion is you call the Disney helpline or chat to a cast member in the MDE app. I recently had a problem which was resolved almost immediately by Disney staff.

Last edited:
AIUI the valid date is the last day you can start the 14 days. Ie. If you haven't used it by then - you can't.
That's what I'm thinking/hoping! They should really make that clearer!

I get what you mean. I have 14 day tickets but because I check out after 10 nights the ticket actually saying valid until the check out date (23rd), when really they should be valid until 14 days after first use (27th). I wondered if it is because you can use the tickets in a different way when staying onsite i.e. booking some attractions at 7am instead of park opening, entering the parks early. However, after all that I can't say I know the answer, but I understand the problem fully. My only suggestion is you call the Disney helpline or chat to a cast member in the MDE app. I recently had a problem which was resolved almost immediately by Disney staff.
It's frustrating isn't it! I think what made me even more nervous was that I couldn't book any DAS selections past my "valid" date - even though I have park passes and you need valid tickets to get those! I think Disney needs to get its systems in order!

I did talk with someone on the MDE app and they confirmed that everything looked OK as I had park passes and I could still use the ticket, so I'm hoping all will be well!

We just got back doing a stay with the dining credit and then room only booked through the US and everything worked fine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter