13 Day Pass, Reservation System

Bobby2443

Mouseketeer
My family and I haven’t been back to Disney since the reservation system started and we’ve got a two week trip planned for the fall at VGF. I’ve looked online and it looks like the longest park ticket you can buy is 10 days. I’ve been monitoring the reservation system and my fear is if I buy a 10 day ticket and then wait until we get to Disney to try and extend it to 13 days (can you even do this at guest services?) that by then all of the MK reservations will already be taken. My kids are 4 and 2, and we most likely are wanting to go to MK most mornings and then maybe me and the 4 year old will hop over somewhere else in the afternoons when the 2 year old is sleeping.

So what is the best option to ensure having 13 park day tickets and reservations made in advance? Do I need to buy a 10 day ticket then another 3 day ticket for each person? Can you do that?

Appreciate any insights, thanks

My family and I haven’t been back to Disney since the reservation system started and we’ve got a two week trip planned for the fall at VGF. I’ve looked online and it looks like the longest park ticket you can buy is 10 days. I’ve been monitoring the reservation system and my fear is if I buy a 10 day ticket and then wait until we get to Disney to try and extend it to 13 days (can you even do this at guest services?) that by then all of the MK reservations will already be taken. My kids are 4 and 2, and we most likely are wanting to go to MK most mornings and then maybe me and the 4 year old will hop over somewhere else in the afternoons when the 2 year old is sleeping.

So what is the best option to ensure having 13 park day tickets and reservations made in advance? Do I need to buy a 10 day ticket then another 3 day ticket for each person? Can you do that?

When you buy, you can set the dates of the ticket, so yes, you should be able to buy 10 and 3 - or whatever combination offers the best discount pricing for the dates you select (7 and 6, 10 and 3) - hard to tell without the dates. Once you have the tickets linked - you should be able to make the corresponding reservations. Or, I suppose you can contact Disney direct as well - but i would still price online.

Forgot to add: there may be some reputable third parties to consider for more discounts. Haven't done much in that area but worth investigating - especially with so many park days

Last edited:

There is no 13-day ticket available in the USA. Guests from England have that option. So you will be stuck buying the 10-day ticket + a 3-day ticket (or whatever combo adding up to 13 days that works out for the best price). You cannot even upgrade your 10-day ticket at the parks. Ten days is the maximum.

It's probably smart to get the 10 day and wait as long as you can to see if they come out with annual passes- in the past, an AP would cost less than the 10 day + 3 day. They will let you upgrade one ticket, but you can not combine two tickets to upgrade.

Have you gone to the parks 13 days in a row before? That is quite tiring. I would think you putting in a couple rest/pool days are a good idea. You get 14 days to use the 10 day ticket. Go to the pool at your resort or visit Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach. Your feet and body will thank you.

Last edited:
Have you gone to the parks 13 days in a row before? That is quite tiring. I would think you putting in a couple rest/pool days are a good idea. You get 14 days to use the 10 day ticket. Go to the pool at your resort or visit Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach. Your feet and body will thanm you.
@Bobby2443, I strongly agree with this. Plan some pool days, maybe mini-golf, a resort character meal. Plan a rest day - thinking toddlers and pre-schoolers can be unpredictable. They'll be happy just being with you.

Definitely think about the 10 day park hopper + option (with sports / waterparks) for the full trip. You will enjoy the flexibility of going to different parks in the morning and afternoon and also having pool / waterpark/ minigolf days. This pass includes 10 days of park entries as well as 10 entries to any of the waterpark/minigolf options. The waterparks have a small kid area / splash pad so it should be fun for even the 2 year old. Additionally, VGF has a wonderful pool and splash pad area that you should take advantage of...

As an aside, my 5 year old loves minigolf (though he's absolutely terrible), so I know we visiting the mini golf locations on our days off this fall.

Additionally, on your days away from the parks you can do extra things like go to a dinner show (Hoop-dee-do??), see Cirque du Soleil, or do a character meal at one of the resorts. On our last trip, my kids were 2.5 and 5 and absolutely loved going to eat at Sanaa at AKL-Kidani and walking around that resort/seeing the animals. Trust me, across two weeks you're going to want to have some flexibility for weather, be able to take it slow, and plan some breaks away from the park.

As an aside, I would be very surprised if annual passes aren't back on sale by September. As mentioned above, if being in the parks each day is what you really want, you can use your 10 day pass as a credit towards an annual pass. Unless you are going over thanksgiving or Christmas-New Years, at least one park is likely to have reservations available everyday. With the park hopper/AP you can always switch to where you want (or one that has less crowds!) later.

Last edited:
All great suggestions thanks. For us most days I think we will go for a couple hours in the morning and that may be it, but I may also go back at night after my kids are in bed or I'll bring my 4 year old son in the afternoon while my daughter is napping for a couple hours. Honestly its been almost 3 years since we've been to Disney so I'm not sure what it will be like with both kids. I more or less just want to set it up so if I want to go the full 13 days I can. Appreciate everyones responses, lots of other great ideas of things we can do (I think my son would love the mini golf)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter