12 Days of Good Eats **Completed 8/29**

This was our first time visiting AKL and our first time at Boma. We loved it! AKL is nicely themed, and the food at Boma was one of our top favorite foods of the whole trip.

We went to AKL straight from a long, hot day at Animal Kingdom so we'd have a little time to rest in the a/c and explore the resort. Dh and dd found the lobby to have a very relaxing atmosphere!

WDW07236.jpg

Boma was excellent!

Dh and I took advantage of trying a variety of foods at the buffet. Everything from the soups to the desserts was bursting full of flavor! I liked trying new things, such as the watermelon rind salad and the unique hummus flavors. Between the 4 of us, we sampled 4 different soups and all were good. The only thing I did not care for was the Pap ( a cornmeal dish, I think), but that was JMHO. Everything else was outstanding! I could have made a meal of the soups and salads alone. I've been looking forward to finally trying zebra domes, and it was worth the wait. YUM!

I had a Victoria Falls Mist to drink. It was good without being too strong.

Boma soups:

WDW07237.jpg

I think one of these soups is carrot-ginger and the other is chicken ????. Both were good.

Sampling of salads and hummus:

WDW07238.jpg

More food:

WDW07239.jpg

Dessert selections:

WDW07240.jpg

My dd just loved the fruit tarts! I've read on the Dis that some people think the zebra domes are over-rated. I think they are to die for! :woohoo:

I hope to eat here again someday. I've been recommending it to friends who have upcoming WDW trips.

I love your reviews and pictures. This is great! I am so happy to hear that you loved Boma. We will be trying it in a few weeks for the first time and we are really looking forward to it. The food looks awesome! Thanks for getting me even more excited (if that is even possible :goodvibes ) about our upcoming trip. I can't wait!

I love that pic of your DH & DD...they look very relaxed!

I can't wait for Boma's in November. I'll be there for B'fast instead of dinner, though.

Thank you for all of your comments! :goodvibes

The Tangierine is my favorite cs in the World Showcase. Dh had the lamb schwarma platter, and I had the chicken schwarma platter. The kids stuck with pizzas. Everything was good!

WDW07064.jpg

I also found a new favorite adult drink at the Tangierine. It's the Tangierine Daiquiri, a flavorful but not strong drink. It also came in a plastic glass, with "Tangierine" written on it, which was an unexpected keepsake.

WDW070652.jpg

We ate at Biergarten for the first time on this trip. Dh likes German food. His family is part German, plus many years ago he spent some time in Germany and the food at Biergarten was calling his name!

We originally had dinner reservations at Biergarten because we wanted to hear the band play. Our plans were to be at Epcot at ropedrop, stay until dinner, and leave. But on that special morning, we were picked to be Epcot's Family of the Day! :banana: We were given special seating for Illuminations as part of being Family of the Day, and we couldn't miss out on that. But, we didn't want to stay at Epcot form rope drop until closing, either. The heat was brutal. So, on the spot, I called WDW Dining (yes--it's on speed dial in my cell) and was able to cancel our Biergarten dinner reservation and change it to a lunch reservation. That way, we could have lunch, go back to the room and freshen up, and then return to Epcot in the evening for Illuminations. We did not see the band, but that didn't matter much as the atmosphere was nice.

We were so glad that we were still able to eat at Biergarten. We loved it! I pretty much knew that dh would like the food (he eats anything, anyway) but the kids and I are mediocre about German food, at best. That, and we went in there a little leery about who our tablemates would be. The food was excellent! Our table mates turned out to be a couple, an American guy with a German girl. They nodded at us, and that was that for the extent of our contact with each other.

Service was excellent, and our server was one of the best we had on the trip! She coached me to remember how to count in German from 1 to 10, and she and dh talked about Germany. She also talked in length (in German) to our one tablemate. She was friendly, and quick with clearing plates and drink refills.

Biergarten Sign

WDW07255.jpg

Beirgarten and our happy family

WDW07264.jpg

Some food at the Biergarten

WDW07263.jpg

I liked everything here, and the potato leek soup was especially outstanding! Dh and I had different beers, but I can't remember what kind they were. Beers come in 2 sizes and we got the smalls, which seemed big enough. The pretzel bread was enjoyed by all.

Biergarten Desserts

WDW07266.jpg

An aside about Germany........there used to be a Hidden Mickey in the Train Garden in Germany, and now it's gone! Did they move it? We looked and looked for a new Hidden Mickey there and couldn't find one. :confused3

I think this about completes my food reviews. Thank you for reading! I hope that those of you with a trip in the works will come across as many Good Eats as we did! :goodvibes

Pixiedust thank you so much for writting this review. You did a great job and it is getting me excited for my upcoming trip.:woohoo:

Thank you so much for sharing your reviews. You're pics are excellent. I can't wait to try Tangeriene, it looks good.

Thank you so much for taking the time to do this review for us. Your detailed review and amazing pictures really helped me plan things out and finalize details for our upcoming trips.

I enjoyed it so much, I am sad to see it come to an end. :)

I just finished your reviews. Thanks so much for sharing your experiences with us. :)

To the poster who was trying to decide between Hoop de doo and one of the signature restaurants, our opinion would be to go to Jiko. Hope that helps.

Thanks for the great reviews! Don't be too sorry that you did not get the salad at the Cantina instead of the nachos. I had it in February and it was the worst salad I ever had!! :scared:

Just wanted you to know PixieDust how much I enjoyed your reviews!! Thanks so much!

Thanks for the great reviews and pics.

I celebrated my b'day last year at Kona and also got the special dessert as a suprise. I think it is called a coco puff or something like that. It is awesome.

Thanks for sharing your dining experiences;) , I love reading reviews and your pictures were excellent :thumbsup2 .
After seeing + reading them all I am so looking forward to our trip....only 26 sleeps to go.:cheer2:

Thank you all for reading our reviews and for your nice comments! :goodvibes

I found one more picture to share. Here is the margarita from Italy in Epcot:

WDW072792.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter