12 days of Disney Food!!! Aug 5th - 16th! PICS!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Disney8704

<font color=deeppink>I so need to do that!<br><fon
Due to arguments, sarcastic & rude posts and debating - this review on the boards is now over. If you wish to read my reviews, you may do so at http://disney8704.blogspot.com/2008/08/index.html

Note that ALL comments MUST be approved by me before it appears on the blog. Please do not post comments on here on the thread.

The review is currently still in working progress. I am currently transfering all my reviews from this thread to my blog. To all my supporters - thanks for supporting me! See you all on my blog!

P.S. - When you post a comment on my blog, please make sure you include your DIS name so I know who it is coming from. Thanks!

Wonderful. I remember when you were still planning, and now your writing your dining reviews. I can't wait!

Great list of restaurants! We leave soon and I was just debating about whether to go to RF cafe in DTD or AK - I hope to hear which you liked better soon!

Day 1 - Aug 5th
Breakfast - Mara (pic 1 & 2)
Lunch - Rainforest Cafe (DTD) (pic 3 & 4)
Anniversary Cake (pic 5)
Dinner - Mara (pic 6)

On Aug 5th we arrived at AKL. After checking in, we headed straight for the Mara for breakfast.

Mine - Mickey Waffle, Sausage & Water (not pictured) $7.69
8cc30ed820393e54863120d04ff4d5f95g.jpg

DH - Chocolate Chip Muffin, Egg, Breakfast Potatoes & Water $9.57
e681c257b8f65ddb690e5df10db26fa35g.jpg

TOTAL INCLUDING TAX $18.13

We both thought our meals were really good. I LOVED the sausage. We will DEF. return to Mara.

After breakfast we headed to DTD and did some shopping. Around 11:30am we went to Rainforest Cafe for lunch.

We both got soda $2.99 each and we shared the Flying Dragon Pizza $14.99
7347a5a7f9e4156e22ec521675f2e8d25g.jpg

After eating our pizza, I talked DH into get the Sparkling Volcano $14.99
052fdd830248de631c05afb1363e801d5g.jpg

TOTAL INCLUDING TAX, TIP & RFC MEMBERSHIP DISCOUNT $43.00

We LOVED the pizza! It was soooooo good!! And the sparkling volcano - OMG!!! :love: :cloud9: We will DEF. return to Rainforest Cafe. I think I overall perfer the RFC in DTD over the one in AK. The one in AK seemed VERY loud. A lot louder then other RFC we have been to including the one in DTD.

After lunch we did more walking around and shopping and then went back to AKL at 3pm to get our room. After getting to our room, DH started getting very sick because he was so dehyrated. So we originally had Boma for 5pm that night, but had to cancel. At 5pm they delivered our anniversary cake. I had posted this story earlier on a couple of other threads, but I will post the same one on here as well in case you havent read it. Moral of the story - if you are planning on buying a cake in Disney, please make sure you check and re-check on it a billion times to make sure it is what you ordered!

So in-room dining calls at 5pm and see if its OK to be delivered now and that my credit card was declined. I said yes bring it up and told them I knew it would be declined because I had to spend the $30 I had on there on something else. I knew that if it was declined and we had went to Boma they would have just charged it to the room, which was OK. Well I was a little upset because I wanted to be a complete surprise for DH. I wanted them to deliver it while we were at dinner. But since he got sick that ruined the surprise some-what. I mean it was still a surprise, just didnt happen the way I wanted to happen.

Anyways, 5 mins later I get a knock on the door and its in-room dining. I start to give the guy the money and happen to look at the cake. It said HAPPY BIRTHDAY Teresa & Steven! :scared1: I was like it supposed to say happy 4th anniversary NOT happy birthday! :mad: The guy went on and said well according to the card it says happy birthday. And I was like well, it SUPPOSED to say happy 4th anniversary! So he said he would be back with a new cake in 20 mins all in the same time he looked like he was getting frustrated that I wasnt accepting a cake that I DIDNT order :mad: . About 30 mins later, he shows back up with another cake that does say happy anniversary, but they COMPLETELY left off the 4th AND mispelled happy anniversary. And they still expected me to pay! :sad2: So I gave the money, he asked if he wanted to take it in for me, and I said NO, I'll do it myself, grabbed the cake and went back into the room. Not a good way to start off a vacation IMHO. Anyways, heres the pic. It was very moist and very good, I just wish they had done it right to begin with. Or at least gave it to me for free for them screwing it up. What would have happened if we had went to Boma and came back and saw a cake that says happy birthday? I told DH what happened and asked him that and he said he would have a good laugh about it. Me, I wouldnt be laughing. I would be upset. Maybe it was a good thing we didnt go to Boma afterall.

The cake was Vanilla Cake with Vanilla Frosting. The total cost was $27.00.

100_1537a.jpg

At about 7pm, DH was feeling a lot better. He had drank some water and slept for 2 hrs. So we decided to head on down to the Mara and get dinner. We then brought it back to our room. We had water in our room from earlier, so we didnt have to buy any more water, just our meal.

We both got the Chicken Dinner with Fries $9.09 each
358ca2ed0bbdd90cf8d88e22e24470ab5g.jpg

TOTAL INCLUDING TAX $19.37

We both loved the chicken. It was very juicy and it was sooooo good! We will probably go back to the Mara sometime for either lunch or dinner, and if we do, I will be getting this again probably.

Great reviews so far!

What a bummer about the cake! At least it tasted good. :goodvibes

Can't wait to hear more!

That's horrible what happened with the cake! How could they not even get the spelling right after it was the wrong writing to begin with? :sad2:

With the resaurants you have listed I am definately checking back often!

Yea I dont get why they thought birthday and not anniversary. I mean the lady I talked to when I ordered the cake even asked me how many years we are celebrating and I told her 4 yrs. So where in the world they got birthday is beyond me.

So sorry about the cake. That is the saddest looking cake, BUT at least it tasted good! And can I ask what flavor it was??

That dessert at RFC looks amazing!

Ouch! I'm sorry about your cake. I'm really viscous (sp?) when it comes to stuff like that, especially something that costs $30! I would have wanted to speak to every manager I can (and from what I hear in Disney, it doesn't get you far anyways) and then I would have said somethings that would not be very nice and would have offended a few people... but personally if you can't spell anniversary then you shouldn't be decorating cakes either.

Day 2 - Aug 6th
Breakfast - Crystal Palace (pic 1-12)
Lunch - Cosmic Rays (pic 13 & 14)
Dinner - Cinderellas Royal Table (pic 15-23)

For breakfast we had a 8:10am ADR for Crystal Palace. Part of the reason why I wanted to go to CP that early is so we can get a view like this:
e9ddcc4ee5cac7ead686e98de7fd5fba5g.jpg

Inside CP, Character Meet & Greet and Parade

1282d1a7de6d57f84cb7dd14ac4591e25g.jpg

cf9ba0be25fac55bddbacfeeda503bd95g.jpg

be8407f293f3071cc6c700376ca913e55g.jpg

3575db7fb2cf3cdc7ef3b0900f05cc115g.jpg

abd5eba82ca27c8ca16cd0ce077206fc5g.jpg

b77c0c33eda55390374b55952afb1b045g.jpg

c27fed7fcd28500c7d13f948712ec2325g.jpg

afb32b1c07913c4fa599709682fa8b8c5g.jpg

271193c38947d29403d48ff2d47784525g.jpg

Mine - 2 Mickey Waffles (1 whole and 1 cut up), Blueberry Muffin, Biscuit, Pancake & Sausage
2c6300afe866d448a62f6ec26c2c14095g.jpg

DH - Made to order Omlet and Pancake. DH's 2nd plate pretty much looked like my plate.
15ea5dfd01e8ae9adf5b8376b4c0a5365g.jpg

TOTAL INCLUDING TAX & TIP $48.00

Nice atmosphere, excellent waitress, great food, character interaction - sucked! We only got to meet Eeyore and Tigger. Pooh and Piglet we saw but didnt get to meet them. Both Pooh and Piglet started to make their way toward our table, and then the parade started and Pooh went to the other side of the restaurant and then Piglet bolted to the other side of the restaurant after the parade was over and Pooh stayed over there. By that time it was about 8:45am, and I wanted to get out of there so we could make our way down to City Hall and get DH signed up for flag retreat before someone else grabbed it. Lucky for us DH was able to do flag retreat that day, so I guess that makes up for the loss character interaction. Overall this was the worst character meal we had only because we didnt get to meet Pooh and Piglet. Would we go back again? Def. yes. Next time we will either ask the waitress to get whoever we missed or just wait until they come around.

Lunch was at Cosmic Rays. DH and I got the same thing - Cheeseburger with Fries $6.09 each, Water $2.00 each (not pictured) and we shared a Chocolate Cake $3.59
1ebef3771968fdd3f9dc831cab8ce72f5g.jpg

5941b6ac9a9f2f9a46582a15ec98cc405g.jpg

TOTAL INCLUDING TAX $20.80

Our food was pretty good. The chocolate cake was the best part of the meal. It was VERY moist and delicious. The frosting was smooth and creamy. Only bad part, it was to much chocolate. Im glad we decided to split the cake. I dont think I could have eaten the whole thing by myself with it being so much chocolate. I love chocolate, but not that much! :rotfl: As for the burger, we actually didnt mind the buns. Sure they were falling apart a little bit, but they still tasted like a regular white bun to me. Would we return - possibly. But there are many other great CS places in MK to try out as well.

Dinner was at Cinderella's Royal Table. This is a must do every trip. You cant beat eating in the castle. Sure it is pricy but its totally worth it IMHO. This was a pre-paid meal and included a photo package. 1 - 6x8, 4 - 4x6 and another 6x8 of Cinderella castle.

When we arrived, we were told to go in and get our picture taken with Cinderella. I was wearing a YOAMD shirt that was blue and had tinkerbell and the castle on it. Cinderella commented on my shirt. She was like oh my fav. color and my castle is on there as well. And when she saw our anniversary pins on our shirts, she was like oh how wonderful! How many years..and we told her 4 yrs. She was a GREAT Cinderella. The waiting to get called for dinner lasted forever. Our ADR was for 6:55pm. We didnt get seated until 7:30pm. That was the longest we had to wait for a meal the whole time we were there.

For starters yummy bread!! They were warm and very soft and VERY yummy!
b6a320c7cd26678840ed02cbc1ead33e5g.jpg

Our table - I had it noted on our ADR we were celebrating our anniversary. This was on the 6th - our anniversary was on the 7th.
c5caf73b9af32dc502579b6f1187e3145g.jpg

Appitizers
Mine - BLT Salad (minus the tomato - allergic to raw tomato's and red onion).
DH - He got the same thing but kept everything on his salad.

Here is a pic of my salad
9c4e64601cabf7349413a1bf6265b2ff5g.jpg

Entree's
Mine - Roasted Prime Rib of Beef with Green Beans (instead of Grilled asparagus), Gratin potatoes & a Cabernet sauce
95a27675d81b2a8a2fef826a309c34625g.jpg

DH - Lemon Lavender Chicken on mashed potatoes served with Green Beans (instead of wilted spinach) and a chicken jus
f6703ee17724a1c6797302fa23f9b5a15g.jpg

Dessert
We both got Ice Cream Sundae's with chocolate crowns on top
f3d5f5c1ad7dbdbfb99b0678de1189f25g.jpg

From the show they do during dinner
b3db2f0727da8402c20371529995faa05g.jpg

eaeaa1e9ae3a4bd1535def94fbe5fdf95g.jpg

0c007928589eb68f35d1c4289e92923e5g.jpg

TOTAL INCLUDE TAX & AUTOMATIC TIP $99.84

Everything was VERY good. We went in hungry and came out feeling like we had just ate a thanksgiving meal :rotfl: DEF. worth every penny. We will be going back next time and every trip after that!

The cake was Vanilla Cake with Vanilla Frosting. The total cost was $27.00.

So sorry about the cake. That is the saddest looking cake, BUT at least it tasted good! And can I ask what flavor it was??

That dessert at RFC looks amazing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter