12 days in WDW, where we ate...part 4

Erikarate

married her prince
Recap places and players:
Me, DH, DD 8, DS 6
4 days at AKL Concierge, 8 days at BWV (1 BR unit)

Rating Scale:
10- everything perfect...food, service, atmosphere (very rare)
9- excellent, almost perfect
7-8- very good, overall great experience
5-6- mediocre, might not return
3-4- bad, not returning
1-2- should close this place down!!!

7/15/03 - lunch, BoardWalk to Go and BW Bakery

The footlong hot dogs are so huge, the kids and I split one three ways. DH had a chilli dog. As usual they were very good. Afterward we had sweets at the BW Bakery which is our FAVORITE. We shared vanilla donut rings, M & M brownie, and a Peanut Butter Bar. Also, DS was playing with the queque rope and it came uncliped and fell to the floor making a large noise. Well he was so embarrassed when people laughed he started to cry. The people behind the counter felt so sorry for him they gave him a chocolate chip cookie...and one in the bag for DD!!!

On other occasions during the trip we had cinamon buns, chicken salad sandwiches on ciabatta bread, Mickey Peanut Butter Cups, rice crispy treats, and more vanilla donut rings (our favorite)!!!

Rating for BW to Go: 7 for fast food...(their corn dogs are a 9!!).

Rating for BW Bakery: 9 1/2 !!! Always excellent. Always friendly CM's. Our favorite...a place we dream about when we're in CT!!!

Only spent one day at EPCOT the entire trip...toured future world and did attractions old and new. Had breakfast at Electric Umbrella...

7/16/03 - breakfast, Electric Umbrella
We ate late morning, so the kids had their PBJ's (which BTW we put on "Rainbow bread" which is available at Goodings). DH had the breakfast burrito and I had bacon, egg, and cheese on a bagel. We enjoyed these sandwiches very much...a nice surprise...

Overall rating: 7, very good counter service, would come back

7/16/03 - Dinner, Beaches and Cream
We were seated within 10 minutes without PS. We have eaten here several times...it is a favorite of ours. The kids have been begging us to do the kitchen sink, but we would have to go there on an empty stomach and have no food. There was no way after our meal that we would have done "the sink" any justice.

I had a cheeseburger and fries, DH bacon double cheeseburger with fries, DD had a hot dog, DS chix nuggets (both with...you guessed it - FRIES) and an order of onion rings for the table. The onion rings, although dripping with grease are heavenly - big thick slices, cooked well...I like them with lots of salt and no ketchup. I like that they grill the hamburger buns, they're a little crunchy and buttery. I also had a "lime rickey" soda which is I think lime and cherry syrup YUM, DH had a vanilla orange soda (like a creamcicle), the kids both had vanilla rootbeer.

A great meal. Great service and atmosphere. Will come back again, next time leaving room for dessert (esp. the No Way Jose...YES WAY!!!).

Overall Rating: 9 for a burger and ice cream joint

More to come in part 5!!!

Thanks for the reviews. I think I'm going to have to try those vanilla donut rings next trip...Sound like they'd be wonderful with a cup of coffee!

Swankybeth-

They are absolutely sinful. The vanilla ones are definitely better than the chocolate. They also have bavarian custard-filled chocolate frosted which are excellent, however the vanilla rings reign supreme IMO...

They have very good coffee there as well...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter