12/19 Wonder Anyone coming???

Thanks for the advice, DJ. The kids' programs are very important to us, and all our 4 kids love to dress up (so dress up for the show is actually a plus for us). Looks like we should keep the early dining.

BTW, I saw your Sept. cruise pictures. Your twins look beautiful.

Ling

Hi Ling,

We're doing REAs too and I think I asked for APLA. So we might see you! We're doing Palo's on the P night (Mon.)

I figure that the kids will get to know each other and I have no problem if the girls want to eat with us (or just sit together) or grab a snack or whatever even tho we have early seating... I think we'll wing it...

Our DD is looking forward to some freedom. Haven't decided if we'll bring walkie talkies or just leave notes...

Can't believe it's in almost 2 months! Can't wait!

d

On our September cruise, we let the girls have the 'freedom' to go places as long as there were 2 of them AND we knew where they were going. We had a wipe off board in our room for notes, but we didn't use it much.

Mostly, the girls would just tell us where they would go and then we would meet up with them later.

I will probably be a little more relaxed in December since the September one went well. Of course, I have twins, so my rule is that they stay together and watch out for each other.

I did insist on being with them at the pool since there is no life guard (but remember, my girls just turned 11--your DD is older than my girls, so you might be alright with her being at the pool).

I figured the walkie talkie things would get lost and broken, so we didn't bother with them.

If Nat wants to 'meet' my girls early on and you guys plan to go onboard as soon as boarding starts, tell her to go to the Goofy Pool. They always go there first (and we just eat Pizza for lunch while they swim). They like to be the first in the Goofy Pool. We will probably be there until 1:00 or 1:30 when the rooms are ready.

DJ

d - are you planning skipping the regular dining room or doing double-dip? We have Palo on Tuesday and plan to skip Tritons cause we don't want skip the show.

DJ - just curious, how early did you book your cruise? We tried to book two of those SPRs a year ago, and was told they were all gone.

Ling

D-

It's a date. Nat can't wait to meet M & C! I bet we'll hardly see her this vacation!

I think you're right about the walkie talkies. She'll be 12 1/2, and very mature, so I think she'll be fine. Esp. if she's with your DDs! And, since she's a swimmer, I think she could lifeguard everyone at the pool!

We have the shuttle from the Rad at 10:30, so we'll be on the ship ASAP!

We need a vacation SO badly! The time can't go fast enough!

d

Hi Ming,

Yeah, not too excited about the Parrot Cay restaurant, tho if our DD wants to eat with us at 6...

I think our Palo's reservation is for 8:30 and we'll never last that long!!!! (I might want to call Debbie and make it earlier now that I think about it!)

d

Originally posted by ll_california

DJ - just curious, how early did you book your cruise? We tried to book two of those SPRs a year ago, and was told they were all gone.
Ling

Can you believe I boooked in December 2002! Yes, way back then!

I know what you mean about them being hard to get. I look at different 7 night cruises in 2006 and the SPRs are all gone already. They go fast!

DJ

Originally posted by dotterson
D-
She'll be 12 1/2, and very mature, so I think she'll be fine. Esp. if she's with your DDs! And, since she's a swimmer, I think she could lifeguard everyone at the pool!
d

I have actually been thinking of letting my girls swim without us there as long as they are together. The pool isn't that deep or big, and they did really well on our September cruise.

I would NEVER give them this kind of freedom at WDW or anywhere else for that matter. But once the ship is sailing, it isn't like they get go anywhere.

My girls are excited about this cruise too. I thought we were crazy to go on two cruises so close together, but with the problems from our September cruise (due to the hurricanes--nothing to do with Disney, they handled everything great) we are really anxious to have an 'uneventful' and 'relaxing' cruise!

DJ

Ming,

I booked the shuttle when I made the reservation. Insist! 10:30 AM for us.

DJ,

I wouldn't let Nat alone at WDW either, but the ship is another story! I think she'll do fine. (She'll be in BIG trouble if it isn't fine!)

d

We are at the Radisson the night before also!! We were able to book the 10:30 shuttle when I booked it back in Dec. of '03. We are in cabins 5022 & 5024. (Right next to DJ.)

Jennifer

Wow, I keep on learning new things from this board! Thanks you guys for the information.

I just called Radission and was able to book the 11:00 shuttle bus.

Looks like it's impossible for us to get the SPRs, cause we can't book too early and our dates are very limited.

Just made the final payment for the cruise today. It's getting closer and closer. ::yes::

Ling

Ling, A warm welcome to you and your famiily! Sorry I haven't been around here much! Seems like real life gets in the way sometimes!
I have updated page 7 with Ling's info. If there is anything...or anyone...missing, just let me know and I'll change it asap! EDIT: I have also updated Disney3144 info. THANKS!
We can't wait to get to Disney and to meet all of you!
Since I have learned how to post photos, here are a few of us! The one of the boys was taken last Saturday. The one of Steve and I was taken last October....we haven't changed much!

f6ae0d75.jpg

f6ae0d76.jpg

This is our first curis and the first time I have every posted
we will be on the 12/19 cruise, family of 5 dd16, ds14 and ds5
Book 2 cat 11 room next to each other.
we have been planing this trip since last year and are very excited that it is only two months away. So much to learn before we go.
Erik

Erik, WELCOME to you and your family!! If you check page 7, there is a list of who all has posted and what ages the kids are! I am sure there will be some of the same age! See you soon!

Thanks for the welcome,
We have the early seating for dinner,

Also I have a question on what do they do for b-days on the ship, my son will have his 14th the day we fly from SEA to MCO (12-17). Has anyone had the cabin decorated for b-days? :Pinkbounc

thanks, Erik

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter