12/12/10 Podcast cruise 2.0

Happy Wednesday. Safe and soundly home from WDW. SOOOOOOOOOOOOO Ready to go back in a couple weeks.:goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes

Nice to have you back Todd - wish I could come and wave you guys on :goodvibes

Remind me of that around mile 10, when I am soaked with sweat, dazed and confused and cursing Dave Parfitt for inviting me to see Marathon Weekend....(but then thanking him after I cross the finish line)

You'll be fine and the sense of achievement when you finish will make it worth while - it's an amazing feat, I'd never be able to do that :thumbsup2

You'll be fine and the sense of achievement when you finish will make it worth while - it's an amazing feat, I'd never be able to do that :thumbsup2

You'd be surprised what you can do if you put your mind to it.

I never thought I could go, by myself, not knowing a soul, on a cruise (which was a first time experience) and have a good time. I'm glad I pushed my boundaries. If I hadn't, who knows how boring, uneventful, and melancholy my life would be now.:grouphug::grouphug:

Going to pay off the cruise and pre pay the gratuities tomorrow. Need to be able to schedule things at the 90 day mark!! Woo Hooo!!!!

I realize that I am not going to get much sympathy for posting this, but this work thing is killing me! I worked all day yesterday. I believe it's been 12 years since I've done that. And that wasn't so bad, except I have to do it again today and tomorrow. How do people do it????

Going to pay off the cruise and pre pay the gratuities tomorrow. Need to be able to schedule things at the 90 day mark!! Woo Hooo!!!!
Congrats...Got to get it in gear to do it myself.

I realize that I am not going to get much sympathy for posting this, but this work thing is killing me! I worked all day yesterday. I believe it's been 12 years since I've done that. And that wasn't so bad, except I have to do it again today and tomorrow. How do people do it????
I sympathize. It isn't easy really. Thank god we have good spouses to help us get through times like this. It's really a team effort in a lot of ways.

I look back and try to figure out how I went to school and worked full time and maintained a decent evening social life. I guess we expand our threshold as needed. We are some pretty amazing creatures.

Here's to the weekend, though. :goodvibes

I look back and try to figure out how I went to school and worked full time and maintained a decent evening social life. I guess we expand our threshold as needed. We are some pretty amazing creatures.

Here's to the weekend, though. :goodvibes
Very well put Todd. See you soon!

Doing the same tomorrow :cool1: :cool1:

I totally get it, it is hard to do this day in and day out. As for how we do it, we just do.

What is this? A pity party? Get off your lazy butts and get back to work!! This isn't a rest home!! You don't like it? Go join the *#%@^#*@ girl scouts!.........Oh wait....you all aren't my Soldiers, my mistake. As you were. Carry on your conversation. :rolleyes1

:eek: Hey...GS leader here. But I treated them more like Boy Scouts. Didn't do much artsy-fartsy stuff. Hiking, camping were more my speed. ;) Did know troops that did lots of make-up, fashion, etc, and no outdoor stuff.

Paid in full today as well :banana::banana::banana:

Just looking to book Palo on Monday - fingers crossed for the availability that I'm looking for!

I think our little Palo group is paid in full. I guess I will be up at midnight making our reservation for dinner. Hope and I are also hoping to get a brunch reservation, too. I guess I better start looking at the spa offerings too. I need at least a massage and maybe a facial too. Does anyone know if there is a flat fee for using the Rainforest room for the whole cruise?

Thanks,
Kim

I think our little Palo group is paid in full. I guess I will be up at midnight making our reservation for dinner. Hope and I are also hoping to get a brunch reservation, too. I guess I better start looking at the spa offerings too. I need at least a massage and maybe a facial too. Does anyone know if there is a flat fee for using the Rainforest room for the whole cruise?

Thanks,
Kim

There is a flat fee Kim, but I don't recall the amount for the four night cruise. On the 7 night they have a rate for one and a rate for two for the duration of the cruise. Definitely was a cost savings from the $15 a day.

:rotfl:
:eek: Hey...GS leader here. But I treated them more like Boy Scouts. Didn't do much artsy-fartsy stuff. Hiking, camping were more my speed. ;) Did know troops that did lots of make-up, fashion, etc, and no outdoor stuff.

:rotfl:

I waited to see what kind of response Paul would get.;) Lifelong GS here too! And I might have gone all squishy since then but I can still start a fire in the rain without matches! And break camp in enough time to get everyone home before kickoff!

(But I'm still a sucker for Sephora....sshhh.)

OT - I know, but I had to share a pic of Emma's Girl Scout Brownie vest.

59794_1571855786110_1526983427_31407979_157736_n.jpg

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter