12/12/10 Podcast cruise 2.0

Yvet

<marquee behavior=alternate><font color=blue>♫ Sh
Hi there,

The 12/12/10 Wonder 4 Night cruise is a DIS Podcast Cruise 2.0.
At this point we have 1/3 of the ship filled with people that are joining this cruise because they listen to the Podcast.

Don't get nervous when you read this, don't be scared. We don't bite.
We are fun, lovable and just a bunch of crazy people, who all love Disney!!!!

If there are people that have booked this cruise but don't visit the podcast boards please feel free to join in this thread but also on the Podcast cruise boards, there is a whole section on this website only for this cruise.
http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=174

During this cruise a lot of meets are organized by the cruisers themselves, these events are free and open to every one.
But there will be events organized by the Dis Unplugged Podcast Team and those events are for Podcast Crusiers only....
How to become a podcast Cruiser:
If you have booked this cruise and you have it booked thru Dreams Unlimited you are a Podcast Cruiser.
If you have booked this cruise through DCL, just transfer ASAP your reservation to Dreams Unlimited and then DU becomes your TA and you are a Podcast Cruiser.
If you have booked this cruise through another TA then DU then it's not possible to become a Podcast Cruiser.
You have to be booked through DU to participate in all the special organized events.

Don't feel shy and overwhelmed by this big group, just join us.
Everybody is more then welcome!!!!!

My husband listens to the Podcast and was thinking of taking this cruise however we would not be Podcast cruisers (as I am a TA). Are all the Podcast events for ONLY Podcast cruisers? Or do they hold open events as well?

Thanks!

My husband listens to the Podcast and was thinking of taking this cruise however we would not be Podcast cruisers (as I am a TA). Are all the Podcast events for ONLY Podcast cruisers? Or do they hold open events as well?

Thanks!

The Podcast Events are only for people that have booked with DU.
There are no open events organized by them.

The cruisers sometimes organize events of there own and those are open events.
You have to register for those so they know how many people to expect, you can do this here:
http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=174&order=desc
Events for this cruise are (as of this point): Fish Extenders, Door decoration contest, Thrill the Wonder (dancing on thriller from Michael Jackson), Twighlight bookclub......

Obviously I can't tell you what those perks will be yet for our 2010 cruise, it's just too soon to even think about, but here's what podcast cruisers got last year all for the price of the cruise:
* The current SBC
* A welcome bag with tons of swag and snacks
* A party at Castway Cay complete with drinks and one-on-one character time
* Access to an exclusive seminar presented by the Disney Institute
* Access to an exclusive seminar presented by Lee Cockerell (complete with book and signing)
* Access to an exclusive live taping of the podcast
* A fairwell party complete with drinks
* Palo Brunch for free

Maybe you think that those perks are more then the discount you get because you are a TA.

I want to point out that one of the restrictions this time with the Podcast Cruise is that the reservation must be booked with Dreams Unlimited Travel at the time of booking. If you are onboard the ship, you can book it with us at that time time. Transferred reservations may not qualify for the same stuff as the reservations booked directly with Dreams Unlimited Travel.

Woohoo :woohoo: you have made me day! We are naively booked onto our first ever disney cruise for our disneymoon (we are getting married in WDW before the cruise) and were booked onto the pod cast cruise without even knowing!!

We were going to swap our booking over to Dreams Unlimited in anycase! I am more excited about the cruise if that was possible :laughing:

Over 700 or so pod listeners now, I believe... Maybe Apple wants to add a few things to the DU goodie bag for us? :)

There are a LOT of Ipods accounted for in this crowd.

Over 700 or so pod listeners now, I believe... Maybe Apple wants to add a few things to the DU goodie bag for us? :)

There are a LOT of Ipods accounted for in this crowd.

AND iPhones. Don't forget the cult of the iPhone. Apple swag would be nice. Considering what Pete just paid for a replacement iPhone in Australia.

Kim

And the countdown continues!!!
here.gif

Great idea Yvet :goodvibes

* A welcome bag with tons of swag and snacks

3563888682_50ea6bfcf1_b.jpg

Woohoo :woohoo: you have made me day! We are naively booked onto our first ever disney cruise for our disneymoon (we are getting married in WDW before the cruise) and were booked onto the pod cast cruise without even knowing!!

We were going to swap our booking over to Dreams Unlimited in anycase! I am more excited about the cruise if that was possible :laughing:

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: more UK Diser's :thumbsup2

Let me know if you want to join the FE group we have (see Jeanigor's post for the FE primer if you are wondering how/why you would want to extend a fish ;)). Currently I'm in charge of one group and we're all from non-US countries, UK, Netherlands, Canada :thumbsup2 We need a couple more people :cool1:

Question about the goody bag - is it one per room, or will my room mate and I each get our own?

Hi everybody,
You found the thread!!!

About the goodie bag, i don't know because it was one bag for me and my husband but Todd (jeanigor) was in the room with a roomie so he can answer this one.....

Question about the goody bag - is it one per room, or will my room mate and I each get our own?

I went with a roommate and we each received our own.

*Note* This is just what we received on PCC 1.0 and should not be taken as anything more than a tease about PCC 2.0.

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter