11/01/03 Eastern Cruisers, I know you're out there!!!

Just picked up my wedding dress and the girls dresses for the cruise (DH and I are renewing our wedding vows on the ship). So I guess this makes it all more 'real' to me that the cruise is coming up! The kids are soooo excited too and I think everyone in their entire school knows we are going on the Mickey ship AND my older two (5 1/2y and 4 y) have tried to invite everyone to come with us-LOL.

Debbie

Debralisa How exciting!! We are married 10 years this year and thought about doing the same thing. We celebrated one anniversary on DCL and the kids were so excited that we got a cake.Congrats.

Debbie - no fair, you *must* post a pic of your dress!

It's gorgeous and we want everyone on the cruise to recognize you immediately Thursday night (night of renewal right?) when you hit Palo's for that "honeymoon" dinner ~wink~

Post it!

On Nov. 6, 2003, DH and I will be 13 years and one month married (but known each other/dated on and off for 18 1/2 years). Here is the wedding dress and bridesmaid/flower girl dress for my girls (in ivory): http://www1.davidsbridal.com/bridalgowns_detail.jsp?stid=345&prodgroup=52

and the boys/DH will be wearing 5 pc tuxedos (white shirt, black paisley vest, bow tie pants and jacket).

I also got the girls inexpensive flower girls baskets with silk rose petals from Michael's (since any real flowers cannot be brought back into the US..and I will want a few for a scrapbook) and the boys will have silk roses for boutenniers (less chance for a 2 year old to destroy it..LOL).

Can't wait to hit the islands, the beaches, and the fun!!!

Debbie

P.S. Dis4me....are you in N. Jersey?? Anywhere near Morristown or Somerville??

Debbie-The dresses are so pretty. We will keep an eye out for you on Thursday to sneak a peek!

We thought about the vow renewal on our trip last June-it was to celebrate our 10 year anniversary but will wait until 15 years I guess?! It is wonderful for the kids too!! They will be so excited. My DS Kyle always asks why he wasn't invited to our wedding. :D

Kristina

Hi Debralisa Beautiful dresses!! We are in Monmouth County. Dh works in Raritan though. Is that where you are?

Kristina...that is too cute about Kyle :-)! We had planned on waiting until our 15 year anniversary as well...but I am just not a patient person-LOL.

Dis4me...We are in Somerset County so we are nearby where your DH works. Cool!!

Hey - who all booked through DU? I checked yesterday and we were up to 7 folks - just one more booking in the next few months and we get a special gift! It was a nice petit four tray last year - complete will chocolate Mickey and a bottle of sparkling cider.

Here's hoping we get one more family added!

Hello everyone.Just thought I would check in to see how everyone is doing and if summer is started in your part of the country. We are having 100 plus temps for the next few days so we will try to stay cool.

We just booked a trip to Disneyland for August 7th which is pretty close to our 90 days before the cruise so we will be very excited. Probably pick up some clothes to look our Disney best for the cruise! It is also the last weekend for the X-Games at CA Adventure so it will be something new to take a look at. My parents just booked a weeklong stay at the Poly for the week before the cruise-too bad Kyle can not miss more school or we would be joining them!

Hope all is well with everyone and welcome to any new cruisers!

Kristina

Hi All!

Well, we didn't book WDW, but got caught up in the excitement of the Christmas cruise and booked New Year's 2004 (oh my, that is so far away!). We decided a 2nd Western (with our good friends) over New Year's and having the kids only miss 2 days of school over the holidays AND a Secret Porthole Room were too much to pass up.

One year ago today I booked my first Disney cruise and now one year later I have my 3rd booked. It *is* addictive!

We've also had summer all week here, but a nice storm just went through the high tomorrow is only 81 and a low of 55, nearly feels like fall!

IS anyone having trouble getting a good fare from nj to orlando?
I am leaving on halloween and it seems that all the flights are so ridiculously overpriced for florida

The flights are terrible. I tried Continental's ONE DAY FARE (LOL) SALE for the 5 of us it was $4598. OK What kind of sale is that. THe cheapest I have found is 1200 which I am still not willing to pay. I am thinking about driving if it doesn't get better. I can't justify spending that much for flights. 2 years ago we booked in August though and got great rates so hang tight.
Are you flying out of Newark????

Masonpips we are DU too. We need one more. Wehad eight on our cruise last year. Last minute 3 people transferred. Anyone interested in transferring for a free gift LOL:p

dis4me-

I was flying out of Newark but since there are 6 of us I started to get concerned. I am not willing to stop since my son is only 4 and I am lucky if he sits still for just the one trip. I kept looking at Continental and the cheapest non-stop I could get was 845 pp...no way. I finally called and they told me it was considered almost like a "blackout"week. I definitely think they are trying to take advantage of the teachers convention thing.

Anyway, I decided to fly out of Laguardia. I was very limited on choices becuase I wanted to fly out late Fri afternonn, becaise if the kids go to school until noon, they are not charged with an absence and then after the ship we are going to Universal and I want to take full advantage of the 2 day pass so we want to stay for most of the day on sunday so I wanted to book a late flight out.

I wound up going with Delta's new Airline Song and it is costing 215pp but it is non stop and the flights are good for us. When I booked the flight the other day and I was choosing seats..the return flight had nothing but scattered seats and exit rows left so I'm glad I did it when I did.

Good Luck

Lori

We are in South NJ a family of 5 and we drive. I'd rather take the time to drive than to waste the money on a flight. Whatever I save I can put toward next years cruise. (Good excuse too because I hate to fly) It really isn't a bad drive (from here at least). Start around 3:00AM and there by 6PM. The kids watched Disney movies the whole way.

Flights out of Atlantic City tend to be more reasonable. They don't tend to hike the prices down here for teachers convention week. If it's not too far a drive you might want to check it out.

Hello! HEL-LLLLOOOOOOOO

Anyone out there? Anyone new?

Are we ready for the double-digit dance? Soon my pretties, soon....

Well, I'm glad someone else is still going with us. Checking the DCL reservation board I see that all categories are still available from 4 down. Makes you wonder how full the ship will be. Just back frim the House of Mouse...it was hot! So we are set with our Disney fix until the Magic begins!

:earsboy: :earsgirl: :earsgirl: :earsgirl: :earsgirl:

My mom is retiring this year so my sister and I are taking her on a cruise. Could not convince my sis to do DCL so we'll be on RCL two weeks before this one!

I'll get to see Wonder in person from RCL, wishing I was on Wonder instead:( , all the time knowing in two weeks I'll be back for our Magic-al cruise:Pinkbounc

Packing for two trips is going to be a challenge (I'm super organized - ok, obsessive!!)

Is anyone considering going to Anguilla on the St. Marten day? Last year we did a group snorkel trip (with all DISBOARD people) in St. Thomas and had a blast!

Hello everyone! Just thought I would check in. We are now starting to book some airfare and I am the only holdout in the family. I want to red-eye on Thursday night to be able to do work and school before we go. The price has not dropped but the rest of the family, who are all going to miss a whole day traveling got a great roundtrip for $225 each!!! Not bad, we are paying $130 to go to Disneyland next month which is just a six hour drive from us, so an extra $100 bucks for across the country is pretty good!!! :D
Hopefully, I will not kick myself for not taking this!

We are still very excited and have started to put away a few new summer clothes as cruise wear!!

twhipple-we are jealous of your two cruises! I think my DS and my mom would live on cruise ships they love it so much!

We are thinking of doing the Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween party on Friday night. Has anyone attended before? We will be staying at the Poly for this one night and maybe can go to another park for the day. Still have to decide where to stay for one night afterwards.

Thanks! Kristina

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter